What Annoying Things Have People Said About Your Diabetes?

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi all what’s the most annoying thing a doctor or a family member has said about your diabetes my examples are
Family member: you can’t eat that it has sugar in it!
Family member: that will make your blood sugar high
Family member: your using to many test strips
Nurse: don’t prick your fingers too much,it will hurt you
Doctor: you can eat whatever you want as long as you take novorapid after
Nurse:don’t check after meals

So guys tell me what stupid things you’ve been told so we can have a laugh

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"At least it's not cancer." (Cancer runs in my family. Being diabetic doesn't mean I automatically get to dodge that bullet, it's not an either/or deal. But so far, so good.)

brianmt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After losing more than 4st and getting my blood back into normal range my wife said " You've let this take over your life !" not been at all supportive since being diagnosed, faddy diet she reckons

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suffer from nerve damage because of past negligence of high blood sugars and αn on-call doctor said it could just be growing pains and I should eat more vegetables, angry was an understatement !

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
They write articles assuming they know what they're talking about. Instead of verbally being anti diabetes they hide behind 'a business interest' and their bosses protection.
Cowards.

They often load the gun for their boss to fire.

I complain more about actions than I do words as words can be easily said. Loose lips can be in the genes but deliberate anti diabetic actions, for me, take it just too far.

Luckily I don't have to suffer them anymore.

I'm hoping for "ignorance is bliss". So if I lose interest I will become ignorant to it all. Well to them. Not diabetes.

Cruelty or lack of compassion always gets rewarded..... if you wait long enough. :)
I don't mind the wait.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
One thing I have to ask this thread thou is.......
Why do you care what ignorant, insensitive people say?

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
167p56s.jpg

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because when those ignorant insensitive people are family or erstwhile close friends it can hurt.
Very true John, I laugh when it comes from people you don't care about but when it is a loved one, it does hurt. It feels like they can't be bothered to research it and you expect so much more from them. I know they don't mean anything by it but it is still blooming annoying.

Reactions: JohnEGreen
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The DSN at my surgery told me I was late onset type 2, because it said I was on the screen :confused: Apparently my new Gp, who I had never met, had changed my diagnosis and she then said that he was very knowledgeable about diabetes :rolleyes:and only young children and young adolescents get type 1, I said there was no such thing as Late onset type 2 and he was wrong and you can get type 1 diabetes at any age, twits ! :mad:

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The guy in the bakery which has just opened said that because the bread he sells has no sugar or preservatives or additives then diabetics, celiacs and people with IBS can eat it, no problem.