What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi everyone today I had a Burger King for lunch just wondering about the sugar content in my Diet Coke I used my meter to test it for the first time today as it tasted kind of sugary it came up as 1.2 on my meter does that mean it has sugar in it?
Some times what you get at such places is not actually diet coke so quite possibly yes it could of had sugar in it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! Got away with 185 emails. Not too bad. No major issues but some fast approaching (new) deadlines.

Ha! Pretty close guess then!
Glad there was nothing major to stress you on your first day back.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hi everyone today I had a Burger King for lunch just wondering about the sugar content in my Diet Coke I used my meter to test it for the first time today as it tasted kind of sugary it came up as 1.2 on my meter does that mean it has sugar in it?
It’s a long time since I worked in such a place but in my day we used boxes of a syrup mix blended with a common supply of soda. The diet drinks were low calorie but came through the same pipes. If the operator started pouring full fat then realised the mistake they could switch to diet with barely a thumb movement- on flavour you’d never know.
When in pubs now if I order a G&t I ask for the slimline tonic in a bottle for that reason.

Reactions: DJC3

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
A generally rubbish day with a sore neck and face from my collapse. And my numbers have been all over the place, in the 4’s, in the 9’s - no reason I can think of for either. Went for a long jog - really slow but enjoyed it. Weather a bit cooler. Started to feel in control again. A bit. Going to have an early night and hope to feel a bit less low tomorrow. Sorry to be misery guts... I’ve just lost my mojo a bit.

Reactions: philchap1 and DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A generally rubbish day with a sore neck and face from my collapse. And my numbers have been all over the place, in the 4’s, in the 9’s - no reason I can think of for either. Went for a long jog - really slow but enjoyed it. Weather a bit cooler. Started to feel in control again. A bit. Going to have an early night and hope to feel a bit less low tomorrow. Sorry to be misery guts... I’ve just lost my mojo a bit.
Completely understand why your fed up lets hope you get your mojo back soon.

Must admit been up and down a bit today my self 2 hours after lunch was at 11.8 don't know what it went up to as did not test at 1 hour as was fast asleep but at three hours or so was at 5.4. Sometimes it just baffles me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.1 same as @JohnEGreen. @rhubarb73 good on you for the jogging yesterday endorphins will help the mood and mood is not substance.
26 years ago today our youngest son was born at 2.10 pm. Within 2 hours, after I had collected his brothers, he was in mortal danger as they were trying to force feed him smarties! I am off to see what my MRI, on my back, from April 23rd actually means as the letter says implications to be assessed on examination. Then waiting for 2 new granddaughters due between now and 26th at the latest. Have a good day folks.

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
New day, start with a positive. 6.3 - not what I wanted but alright.
However, in my melancholy yesterday I forgot to do my weekly weigh in. Tuesday’s score will count instead: I am now 11.1kg down on start weight just over two months ago. All good. Chin up.
Have a good day everyone.