What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 re my lack of understanding of female minds - who the hell thought cupcakes were suitable for humans?:arghh:

You’ve obviously never tried one of my cupcakes!
Actually I’ve only recently bowed to popular pressure in calling them that - they are fairy cakes really.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You’ve obviously never tried one of my cupcakes!
Actually I’ve only recently bowed to popular pressure in calling them that - they are fairy cakes really.
I'm sure your sponge is delightful but in the name of all that is sane what is the point of spoiling something good with that affront to decency they slather atop them??:arghh:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning yet again so things are looking up, had a spike the other day in the after noon only tested 2 hours after eating and was at 11.8 so God knows what the actual preceding peak was though had had a few more carbs than usual was still not a very carby meal and was still under 50 gms for the day.

edit to remove the fishy reference.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure your sponge is delightful but in the name of all that is sane what is the point of spoiling something good with that affront to decency they slather atop them??:arghh:

What about cream cheese frosting? Or chocolate fudge icing? Things have moved on a long way since buttercream made with cheap margarine. Not that I should be extolling the virtues of such sweet sugary confections here.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What about cream cheese frosting? Or chocolate fudge icing? Things have moved on a long way since buttercream made with cheap margarine. Not that I should be extolling the virtues of such sweet sugary confections here.
Nope even the word frosting is an abomination and icing is/was one of my pet dislikes.

Last edited: