The SCREAM thread

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
so contracts signed and electricians booked for a rewiring now they ring me the buyer of mine wants to measure to see what the flying freehold is over the passage UNBELIEVABLE arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so contracts signed and electricians booked for a rewiring now they ring me the buyer of mine wants to measure to see what the flying freehold is over the passage UNBELIEVABLE arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You're slowly getting there. It's just solicitors earning their money, I'm sure the flying freehold question will be easily answered. It's such a pain trying to buy/sell nowadays isn't it? :rolleyes:

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
well i awoke at 4am and said to myself if i do nto get a key for the electrician to go in on monday I am pulling out of buying the house I have had enough now, i had solicitor ring me asking me for a building regulation certificate for my boiuler I said I dotn have one she said will u pay 14 pound for indemnity insurance I said NO I will not i have just forked out 92 pounds for insurance so the electrician can go in and rewire and NOW enough is enough.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Pulls my hair out and no they are saying I need an easement policy is it to get right of way permision down the passage that takes us to our front door and theirs next door if this is the case why was I sold this house with out this policy in place and yes same firm of solicitors arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wouldn't mind but i dont need it the buyer does grrrrrrrrrrrr

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pulls my hair out and no they are saying I need an easement policy is it to get right of way permision down the passage that takes us to our front door and theirs next door if this is the case why was I sold this house with out this policy in place and yes same firm of solicitors arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wouldn't mind but i dont need it the buyer does grrrrrrrrrrrr

Annoyingly, the rules on who needs what when change over time, so it may not have been required when you bought, Patsy, unless you bought in very recent years. The reason you are being asked to provide the insurance could be there is a difficulty insuring a property they don't own, until completions, so there could, potentially, be a chicken and egg situation in play?

Why not stipulate that you will provide the insurance, but the cost to be paid by the buyers? If they say no, you have a choice, but if contracts are signed, and exchanged already, be very careful of the penalties for withdrawal at this stage. They are significant and would, I feel certain, put the cost of the insurance into the shade.

If, on the other hand, you haven't exchanged contracts (and exchanging is the issue, not signing), you aren't legally bound, but will already be several hundred, if not thousands down in legal and disbursement costs which you would still be liable for.

Moving isn't for the feint hearted.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
they have rang the land registry to see if they will add the right of way to the deeds tomorrow we shall find out if they will not there is a policy which costs 80 pounds which can be done, but I do not need it if am staying here thye say but to sell the property I need it??????

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
they have rang the land registry to see if they will add the right of way to the deeds tomorrow we shall find out if they will not there is a policy which costs 80 pounds which can be done, but I do not need it if am staying here thye say but to sell the property I need it??????

Well, nobody wants to buy a property with uncertainty around whether they can easily access it or not, whereas you already have that uncertainty, because you are already there.

I just hope the enquiries with the Land Registry aren't costing you more than £80 in solicitor's billed time.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
true but I was sold it 10 years ago so where is my right of way access which I should have had ...same solicitors , been passed a policy from who had house before me and the policy is for flying freehold which lasts for 25 years so dunno if thta helps or not will find out today

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well, nobody wants to buy a property with uncertainty around whether they can easily access it or not, whereas you already have that uncertainty, because you are already there.

I just hope the enquiries with the Land Registry aren't costing you more than £80 in solicitor's billed time.
I hope so too as am realy not happy with all this we should have moved weeks ago grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Reactions: Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
true but I was sold it 10 years ago so where is my right of way access which I should have had ...same solicitors , been passed a policy from who had house before me and the policy is for flying freehold which lasts for 25 years so dunno if thta helps or not will find out today

It could be (and I'm speculating) that they need a longer the policy to be as long as any mortgage the new buyer might be having, or could have on the house - A bit like leaseholding.

It's all very complicated, but it seems to me you could be better either suggesting the buyer contributes all or part of the cost, orjust get on and pay it. How much is it worth to be rid of all this stress?

Sometimes quality of life is worth far more than £80 in the bank.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
It could be (and I'm speculating) that they need a longer the policy to be as long as any mortgage the new buyer might be having, or could have on the house - A bit like leaseholding.

It's all very complicated, but it seems to me you could be better either suggesting the buyer contributes all or part of the cost, orjust get on and pay it. How much is it worth to be rid of all this stress?

Sometimes quality of life is worth far more than £80 in the bank.

The Policy was taken out for 25 years according to what i am reading and yes I agree will ring and tell them do it as it is now stressing me out laughs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Policy was taken out for 25 years according to what i am reading and yes I agree will ring and tell them do it as it is now stressing me out laughs

I appreciate how annoying it can all be. When I moved here, my solicitor of the time told me if I ever bought another house from someone as insane as that vendor, not to call him.

The longer these things go on, the harder it becomes to give in.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Smiles .... it is never ending and thank you for your advice...and I shall make sure I never ever move again laughs

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
taping fingers and tapping toes, electrician should have been in yesterday to do a rewire and noey been released as of yet they waiting for all to go through or something as do nto wnat me to have two houses on my hands ...I said you better move it my patience is running thin lol

ROSIE1988

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cyclists!!! I think they are more obnoxious than ever these days. Had lots of similar things happen lately. Worst thing is they cycle 3 or 4 across and you cannot overtake safely! Waggling about drinking too. They don’t stop a red lights for some reason!? And undertaking! I think they should all be taxed and have a number plate so they too can be reported for dangerous behaviour. They should get fines as well. They never accept blame either. It’s always the car driver at fault.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
On the point of Cyclist WHY is there cyclist tracks at the side of the roads and the cyclist will insist on cycling on the road ??? when there are middle islands for people to stand on for crossing the road which then makes the car drivers have to stop or slow down to avoid an accident ....I mean why have a cyclist track if they not going to use it???

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On the point of Cyclist WHY is there cyclist tracks at the side of the roads and the cyclist will insist on cycling on the road ??? when there are middle islands for people to stand on for crossing the road which then makes the car drivers have to stop or slow down to avoid an accident ....I mean why have a cyclist track if they not going to use it???
Not keen on cyclists myself but maybe the side of the road where the cycle lanes are, are full of potholes. We have more potholes than roads here.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
no the paths were the cycle lanes are smooth as anything I think they just like the road to cycle on but oh well we just have to drive safely...

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
The sale of the house almost doen I think now they say there is no flying freehold even though the buyer before me had to take a n indemnity policy out costing him 94 pounds for it, now they say there is no rigth of way and I have to go to a different solicitor and take a document called swear? and hand on bible have to swear i have never had any access issues?? I mean my word not good enough laughs oh and it costs money again word of advice THINK twice before even contemplating moving home ..laughs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The sale of the house almost doen I think now they say there is no flying freehold even though the buyer before me had to take a n indemnity policy out costing him 94 pounds for it, now they say there is no rigth of way and I have to go to a different solicitor and take a document called swear? and hand on bible have to swear i have never had any access issues?? I mean my word not good enough laughs oh and it costs money again word of advice THINK twice before even contemplating moving home ..laughs

Patsy - I have no challenge on your moral comapss in terms of telling the truth, but the saying "words are cheap" is so true. Some people will say anything to either get out ofa jam.

I think what you are being asked to sign is an affidavit, which is a statement that can be sworn or affirmed by a solicitor, notary or commissioner for oaths (for a charge) or by an authorised member of court staff. It could then be used, along with witness statements to prove the truthfulness of a certain statement in court.

Nearly there. Keep going.

Reactions: Fairygodmother