The SCREAM thread

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I think it was a mistake to decide to move house because it is such a long drawn out process and then I find the house we going after has no electricity cetificate so now what do i do grrrr

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it was a mistake to decide to move house because it is such a long drawn out process and then I find the house we going after has no electricity cetificate so now what do i do grrrr

Oh Patsy - Incredibly frustrating.

My suggestion would be that you (or your solicitor) tell the sellers they need to get an electricity certificate before exchange of contracts. No certificate = no exchange = No sale. The prospect of losing a buyer can be a great motivator. Don't own their problem.

If they want to sell, it'll only keep coming up if they don't do it. If they don't or won't do it, then you have to ask yourself why. At that point, I'd be back looking at properties.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

kitsunerin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Time for a little moan. I did DAFNE 2 weeks ago and I am still struggling to work out my ratios. I’m up to 3:1 at breakfast and it’s still high, basal seems fine (32 levemir) and I’m 1:1 at dinner, lunch is tricky though, it seems to change. I’m constantly at 14 or so AM and then 5-7 in the evening. I know it’s probably a simple solution but Im just aaaaasrgggghghgh

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Is your daughter depressed, @woolfie? Has she always rejected responsibility? Does she find it difficult making connections with others, despite her texting? We’re the children planned? In other words, is there an underlying problem that needs to be addressed?
If not then in your shoes I’d be tempted to take her aside and explain firmly that it’s time she pulled her weight a bit more.
However, maybe she doesn’t see herself as a mother but remains, in her own head, a child?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I am getting annoyed I tested levels @ 1am and found it to be 4.3 so had a few jelly babies ie 6 and went to sleep I awoke this morning to levels being 12 and for a few mornings now it has been around 12 even when not had anything to eat before bed anyone know why this is happening?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
shakes head...was about to sign a contract for a house and decided to have an electrical survey donw as i did see a persihed wire on the outside of the garage...got the results OMG over 40 plus major defects all very severe so a rewiring required have informed the estate agent need a reduction in house price or pulling out and we ready to move arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
shakes head...was about to sign a contract for a house and decided to have an electrical survey donw as i did see a persihed wire on the outside of the garage...got the results OMG over 40 plus major defects all very severe so a rewiring required have informed the estate agent need a reduction in house price or pulling out and we ready to move arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Do you think that this could be the reason your bgs are running high? Stress and worry .

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
yes I agree, they had 7 weeks now and yesterday they tell em the seller of my new house wants it off his hands for the 20th of this month however I had an electrical survey done and it needs rewiring before we move in so HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP lol

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
yes I agree, they had 7 weeks now and yesterday they tell em the seller of my new house wants it off his hands for the 20th of this month however I had an electrical survey done and it needs rewiring before we move in so HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP lol
If I were in your shoes I'd walk away.

Reactions: PatsyB

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Don’t give in! One thing you could do is get an estimate for the rewiring, with room for unseen problems of course, and say you’ll only complete if the price is reduced. If you get it done yourself then at least, if you choose a good electrician, you’ll know it’s been done well. From the sound of the nasty bullying, incompetent lot you’d be better to do it yourself!
I think walking away would be the best option, really. Have you anywhere you could stay while you search for somewhere else?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
reason moving there is my mum lives across the road she is 92 years old and I am up and down looking after her, she is one of the brigade where she will not accept help form carers so i decided to move there and have an electrician in tow...waiting now for the othe rparty to sign contract and for us to receive the dam contract to sign you watch they will want us to move next week I did ask for a few days to clean the place as been empty a while but OH NO have to do when your in it i can not help but think they look after one side and not the other when selling houses I did book the electrician for next week but until other buyer of mine signs the contract I had to cancel grrr but they will do asap when i ring which is very good of them

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
They have until next week if not all sorted and I shall be pulling out even though everything packed up and ready to go
When Ron and I brought a house it ended up being a money pit . I never saw it until we owned it . Ron had seen to it all. Never again . It needed RE wiring , new combi boiler , new roof , floor joists in living room rotted . We claimed on insurance for that. Then the flat room needed replacing . It was just one thing after another .

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is your daughter depressed, @woolfie? Has she always rejected responsibility? Does she find it difficult making connections with others, despite her texting? We’re the children planned? In other words, is there an underlying problem that needs to be addressed?
If not then in your shoes I’d be tempted to take her aside and explain firmly that it’s time she pulled her weight a bit more.
However, maybe she doesn’t see herself as a mother but remains, in her own head, a child?

Daughter has mental health issues. She makes friends only to remove them if in her eyes they have hurt her (part of the mh issues)
Children not planned, either of them.
And yes at nearly 30 she has not grown up. She acts like a teenager most of the time and unfortunately the eldest granddaughter is following in the same footsteps.
It's stressful to say the least

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Daughter has mental health issues. She makes friends only to remove them if in her eyes they have hurt her (part of the mh issues)
Children not planned, either of them.
And yes at nearly 30 she has not grown up. She acts like a teenager most of the time and unfortunately the eldest granddaughter is following in the same footsteps.
It's stressful to say the least

Hard for you

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
When Ron and I brought a house it ended up being a money pit . I never saw it until we owned it . Ron had seen to it all. Never again . It needed RE wiring , new combi boiler , new roof , floor joists in living room rotted . We claimed on insurance for that. Then the flat room needed replacing . It was just one thing after another .
OMG well got confirmation yesterday the Solicitors want us in there for the 20th and have not informed anyone yet of the move nor booked a van looks like son will have to hire one and drive it for me grrr

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Solicitors least said...estate agents again least said, been to the solicitor secretary and told have to have house we moving into rewired before moving in so now we await the Electrician to be grated a key so he can go in and rewire the place...so no moving yet and have box's everywhere filled with our belongings ...can I find anything NOOOOOOOOOO lol

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Solicitors least said...estate agents again least said, been to the solicitor secretary and told have to have house we moving into rewired before moving in so now we await the Electrician to be grated a key so he can go in and rewire the place...so no moving yet and have box's everywhere filled with our belongings ...can I find anything NOOOOOOOOOO lol
Moving is so stressful. Are your bgs still running high?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys, I don't often post on this thread, but well ...cyclists...aaaarrrggggh!

This was what happened yesterday.

Incident 1. I am in a stream of cars all moving at 20 mph. What happens? a cyclist overtakes them at speed grrrr So are 20 mph limits not for them then huh?

Incident 2. I am moving slowly through town and there's a cyclist behind me. The car in front of me indicates right to go across to the other side of the road to park. What happens? The cyclist overtakes me (d'uh) and falls off his bike because he has to stop so suddenly. Thankfully he didn't collide with either of the cars.

Incident 3. I stop at a pedestrian crossing for several pedestrians to cross. What happens? A cyclist undertakes me and nearly knocks over a 3 year old who is just trailing behind his Mum a bit. Thankfully the 3 year old was alert and stopped before he was hit by the bike.

Thanks. I feel better for that.

Reactions: ROSIE1988