Spreading The Lchf Word Together, Maybe The Way Forward?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow you’ve done lot of work. It sounds great. I guess the attendees dictate what the agenda should be and pitched at what level so maybe deciding that is the starting point. Venues I guess also depend on numbers.

Food samples as well as menus?

As far as asking the prominent people why not ask. The worst is they can’t come and just maybe some will.

As so many will have to travel I think making the most of the event is worthwhile. Offer up as much as possible. I for one would make it an overnight.

No idea how I can help, especially being new but am willing. but whatever you need put it out here and hopefully it’ll get an offer
Brilliant. Thank you so much. You have a 'newbie' perspective which is great. We need that. What would help you? What do you need to know? What could be clearer? I'm going to see what feedback I get re agenda then take it from there. We can make each section short and interesting.

Food samples is a fab idea but I'm not sure how easy this would be to arrange.

Need a little help with the who to ask bit. I know a few names but there are many who people have been inspired by that I haven't come across.

You have come to the right place and will get your hba1c down in no time. You have taken the bull by the horns with the leto/low carb. Well done you.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @Debandez great effort! I’ve put that date in my diary. Very happy to help out and contribute in any way I can either with organising in advance or at the meeting. Feel free to PM me.

With regards to the agenda, I agree it would be good to hear from keynote speakers, but with potentially so many success stories or success stories in the room, I think it would be great to hear some of those and possibly in smaller settings. Would be a great way to provide support to each other.

Really excited to join in!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for putting all the ideas together @Debandez all very exciting and brilliant that it’s happenning.
I agree,as you know, with @Goonergal that our biggest strength is with our life experiences and this should be a key part of the event like a celebration.
I work part time as a carer consultant at a lot of events that aim to influence the way medical practitioners work with families of those with serious mental health issues and in my experience these lived experiences are the most powerful thing in terms of turning the titanic. Often they are the message and inspiration to change people take away.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow @Debandez great effort! I’ve put that date in my diary. Very happy to help out and contribute in any way I can either with organising in advance or at the meeting. Feel free to PM me.

With regards to the agenda, I agree it would be good to hear from keynote speakers, but with potentially so many success stories or success stories in the room, I think it would be great to hear some of those and possibly in smaller settings. Would be a great way to provide support to each other.

Really excited to join in!
Fantastic news!!!!

I'm going to discuss further with Natalie today. Will keep everyone posted.

Reactions: Goonergal

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic progress made on this so far @Debandez I have popped the date in my diary. I do have a provisional date with my daughters for that date but I might be able to move this to the week before. My other consideration is that it's very close to my next holiday and at the moment our travel plans are a little up in the air as we have a very close relative who will be having or recovering from some major surgery around the time which may impact on when/if we actually still go! I would dearly love to be part of the day and the movement, if I can't I will be with you in spirit.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez what is this? Cause I honestly have no clue lol
Hi @Ziggy2017 it's 're a planned meet up on 29th Sept in Birmingham. I'm trying to arrange an event. Can you see previous posts on the thread? If not I may need to have a rethink on how to tag people in. I'm not in the high tech dept!!!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
ALL - Feel free to tag anyone you may think might be interested.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi @Ziggy2017 it's 're a planned meet up on 29th Sept in Birmingham. I'm trying to arrange an event. Can you see previous posts on the thread? If not I may need to have a rethink on how to tag people in. I'm not in the high tech dept!!!
@Debandez i don’t think I can make it unfortunately there is always something going on sorry

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

This is so exciting @Debandez. It’s my youngest Grandaughter’s bday that day (she’ll be 6) so not sure if I can be there - depends what my daughter has planned for her. I’ll be gutted if I can’t attend.

As so many are staying overnight it might be worth trying for a group concession rate at one of the hotels?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sorry I'm not in a position to partake, I hope things go well.
Alf

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez
Will certainly try to get there. Just a thought as the DCUK head office is in Coventry and not a million miles from Brum would that be a more feasible location. No idea if it is better connected or not?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez
Will certainly try to get there. Just a thought as the DCUK head office is in Coventry and not a million miles from Brum would that be a more feasible location. No idea if it is better connected or not?
Re better connected its nearer London as on main train line but from north think you’d have to change at brum. However gather it’s on outskirts of coventry at university of Warwick and near m40 so possibly easier to drive to and park at. If on public transport would need bus or taxi out of Coventry rail station.
May work better though for dcuk if they have room to host at office as a midlander I thought I’d answer the transport query !
Would be so great if you could come along @bulkbiker youve been such an inspiration to me on my journey so would love to meet you and I’m sure a lot of us feel the same way

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All. Just got round to reading the whole thread. Its a powerful plan great idea. I am not able to come on 29th Sept but maybe another time. I dont know if you plan to put up a pin board with succss stories from people who cant be there but I am happy to be included and write something. Its a pity its not earlier in Sept when the University campuses would be empty. They all have great facilities, travel links, parking, etc.

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Food samples as well as menus?

As far as asking the prominent people why not ask. The worst is they can’t come and just maybe some will.

Is there a celebrity low carb chef you could tempt along? Maybe one with a low carb book...?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there a celebrity low carb chef you could tempt along? Maybe one with a low carb book...?
In the beginning I stupidly bought books by Anthony Worrol Thompson, Phil Vickery and Michael Mosley.. The first two were just ridiculous for low carbers and quickly went to the charity shop. The Mosley one had some good info but the recipes were hit and miss. I get most recipes, ideas from blogs.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
QUICK UPDATE RE DATE.

IVE HAD THE FOLLOWING REPLY FROM NATALIE AT THE PRESS TEAM - SO SATURDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER WOULD BE BETTER THAN 29TH. HOW IS THIS DATE FOR PEOPLE?

I’ve just heard back from diabetes.co.uk and the best date for their team would be the 1st September which I know is the date you first suggested. Would this still work? It means they can get the right people there on the day.