Spreading The Lchf Word Together, Maybe The Way Forward?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I’d love to come up Friday too. I’m so looking forward to meeting you. I was feeling really glum this afternoon thinking I wouldn’t be able to make it, but very happy now!
Brilliant will let you know what happens once it’s a definite confirmation by DCUK and also where planning to stay. Hoping Debandez will hear tomorrow re date confirm.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez I can do 1st Sept, I’m really glad the date has changed!
I’m happy to help in any way.
I'm so glad too! That's fantastic. I'm going to get more details from Natalie tomorrow and get things set in stone so we can start planning. Woohooo.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. 7 definites so far which is absolutely fabulous: myself and
@shelley262 @Rachox @DJC3 @xfieldok @carol43 @Goonergal
and a few possible including @bulkbiker. This is a great response and we still have over 5 weeks to get more on board. Maybe DCUK will invite people. The more the merrier. Veterans and newbies.

I'm going to ask Natalie now exactly how an event works. Also if she has a venue in mind, local hotel in reasonable price range and parking facilities. Also if we can set 1st September in stone. I will get back to you asap.

Thank you everyone.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
IDEAS WELCOME.
Following suggestions I'm going to look into the low carb programme. The success stories (they go way back and it's probable many aren't on the forum now having reached their goals but may love to participate). I'm going to write directly to Dr David Unwin. He is the local GP who advocates the LCHF woe to his patients. and other pro's. I may speak to my own surgery. Patient confidentiality may prove a barrier there. I'm speaking to a local keto online store who made contact after my article went in the paper. Lots of weight loss and they may be diabetic. Anyone can quickly register on DCUK and who knows they may already have found us!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS PLEASE THROW THEM IN THE POT.

I would love to think we could bag the 'LOOK....WE LOST 100 STONE BY DITCHING THE CARBS AND BEAT DIABETES' KIND OF HEADLINE. IT MAY BE A NICE ROUND FIGURE OF 50 WHICH IS A GREAT STARTING POINT IN ITSELF!!!

THANK YOU ALL.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
UPDATE

*** 1ST SEPTEMBER NOW CONFIRMED.***

NATALIE IS SORTING A VENUE....TO BE CONFIRMED ASAP

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IDEAS WELCOME.
Following suggestions I'm going to look into the low carb programme. The success stories (they go way back and it's probable many aren't on the forum now having reached their goals but may love to participate). I'm going to write directly to Dr David Unwin. He is the local GP who advocates the LCHF woe to his patients. and other pro's. I may speak to my own surgery. Patient confidentiality may prove a barrier there. I'm speaking to a local keto online store who made contact after my article went in the paper. Lots of weight loss and they may be diabetic. Anyone can quickly register on DCUK and who knows they may already have found us!

I would love to think we could bag the 'LOOK....WE LOST 100 STONE BY DITCHING THE CARBS AND BEAT DIABETES' KIND OF HEADLINE. IT MAY BE A NICE ROUND FIGURE OF 50 WHICH IS A GREAT STARTING POINT IN ITSELF!!!

THANK YOU ALL.
Hi @Debandez just had my MOT and lost another 5kg in 2 weeks that's just 3lb short of 4 stone in 3 months! ( I still have another 5 days till full 3 months is up so could do 4 stone LOL) so you could add that! All done by fasting every day, support on here and LCHF.:):happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and xfieldok

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez just had my MOT and lost another 5kg in 2 weeks that's just 3lb short of 4 stone in 3 months! ( I still have another 5 days till full 3 months is up so could do 4 stone LOL) so you could add that! All done by fasting every day, support on here and LCHF.:):happy:
Brilliant news @Terrytiddy well done you and delighted that you are happy to join in and sounds like it will be 4 stones for the total calculator!
@Debandez great that date is confirmed really looking forward to it
@geefull know you can’t make it down to Birmingham but are you happy to add your weight loss to the target if so @Debandez could PM you about details needed

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is nothing short of PHENOMINAL!!!! I gasped reading it. It's a breathtakingly good result. You must feel on top of the world. I would love to incorporate your journey/ story into our event. Can you make it to Birmingham on 1st September at all. If not don't worry. I've asked natalie if we can include those not able to attend in the figures. She has yet to confirm but i expect she will say yes as for many reasons not everyone who would love to support will be able to for so many reasons. WELL DONE AND I HOPE YOU MAKE YOUR GOAL IN 5 DAYS TIME.

Last edited:

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is nothing short of PHENOMINAL!!!! I gasped reading it. It's a breathtakingly good result. You must feel on top of the world. I would love to incorporate your journey/ story into our event. Can you make it to Birmingham on 1st September at all. If not don't worry. I've asked natalie if we can include those not able to attend in the figures. She has yet to confirm but 8 expect she will say yes as for many reasons not everyone who woukd love to support will be able to for so many reasons. WELL DONE AND I HOPE YOU MAKE YOUR GOAL IN 5 DAYS TIME.
Not sure about meeting yet. Have to say I do feel great I will make it 4 stone as when I convert it to stones and pounds I'm just 2lb 2oz short LOL. :happy:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure about meeting yet. Have to say I do feel great I will make it 4 stone as when I convert it to stones and pounds I'm just 2lb 2oz short LOL. :happy:
Coming down by the minute!!!! You are smashing it!!!

Let me know when you can re meeting. Would be amazing to have you there but I know these things aren't easy for a multitude of reasons and don't lose any sleep if you can't (it can effect your BS haha).

Reactions: Terrytiddy

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news @Terrytiddy well done you and delighted that you are happy to join in and sounds like it will be 4 stones for the total calculator!
@Debandez great that date is confirmed really looking forward to it
@geefull know you can’t make it down to Birmingham but are you happy to add your weight loss to the target if so @Debandez could PM you about details needed
@geefull you also have been on an incredible journey. I would love to include your journey in our event if you don't mind. I know you cant make it on the 1st september. I realise not everyone who would like to be there can be for various reasons. When I saw your before and after photos I was in awe of what you have done. You look phenominal. You are an inspiration that's for sure. And you are now guiding others down the LCHF path and that's just amazing too. The more we spread the word the more they will have to listen!!!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
IDEAS WELCOME.

THANK YOU ALL.
Hi Deb not sure if you saw my post yesterday on page 6. I have lost over 2 stone and HBa1c down from 54 to 41 to 37 in 6 months. I am not one for before and after am very camera shy but happy for my story to be included if it helps. I think its more important to inform the public about LC success. I am not convinced much will change as regards public health advice though people should be encouraged to be more responsible in managing THEIR diabetes. Sometimes people are too scared not to toe the line laid down by the professionals and need more self belief.

Reactions: Goonergal

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its always going to be nigh impossible for me to travel far to meetings as I have family responsibilities and am supporting a good friend with cancerdoing chemo at the mo.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Deb not sure if you saw my post yesterday on page 6. I have lost over 2 stone and HBa1c down from 54 to 41 to 37 in 6 months. I am not one for before and after am very camera shy but happy for my story to be included if it helps. I think its more important to inform the public about LC success. I am not convinced much will change as regards public health advice though people should be encouraged to be more responsible in managing THEIR diabetes. Sometimes people are too scared not to toe the line laid down by the professionals and need more self belief.

Hi @PenguinMum I did see your post. I've read them all but unfortunately haven't had time to reply individually up to now and a quick 'like' or 'winner' has to suffice! Getting my son ready for his Tomorrowland festival. At 26 years of age you would have thought he could do this himself haha!!! Still my baby. I usually reply when I get a free slot in my day. I would LOVE to include your fabulous journey details on this LCHF woe. It's like magic isn't it!!! I still have to pinch myself at how little I have felt hungry!!! My cholestrol did go up but after @bulkbiker explained that all to me the worry disappeared.

Don't worry about photos, not everyone loves a selfie as much as I do haha. I go everywhere with my stick. I do holiday blogs and have done for years so it's kind of second nature. But not so for the majority. Your story is all I need. But it would be great if you could make the meeting. No need to get in front of any camera there either!!! Its only for those who are truly comfy with it. But again please don't worry if you can't as you can still help me get everything together that will make an interesting and worthwhile event.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Its always going to be nigh impossible for me to travel far to meetings as I have family responsibilities and am supporting a good friend with cancerdoing chemo at the mo.
Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they make a speedy recovery. You don't have to be there but your help behind the scenes will be invaluable. One of our AA team. Armchair advocate. Love that.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7/3/15 diagnosis of A1c 97mmol/L, weight 13st 1lb (83kg)
19/7/18 A1c 39mmol/L, weight 8st 6lbs (54kg)
A bit more to add to the total.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7/3/15 diagnosis of A1c 97mmol/L, weight 13st 1lb (83kg)
19/7/18 A1c 39mmol/L, weight 8st 6lbs (54kg)
A bit more to add to the total.
Carol we are very similar - I was diagnosed in May 2015 at 97 so not long after you! Would imagine we’d had it a while before it was diagnosed.