Now - Wanna Join A Fast

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just saw this thread. I did a fast this weekend as wife is away :) so makes it easy. Friday night had the dinner ( carbs too in moderation and few drinks). Its 6:00 AM on sunday now and I have only had a tea on saturday morning and water in between. My Fasting BS this morning was 5.3.

I think i can go further but not sure i should as I am not doing it to loose weight as I have none to loose, My visceral fat is 4% and body fat is 13%.

So I will see how after this fast my LCHF breakfast spike up or stay below 6.

@Mbaker Please do invite me for future such fasts. thanks

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Just saw this thread. I did a fast this weekend as wife is away :) so makes it easy. Friday night had the dinner ( carbs too in moderation and few drinks). Its 6:00 AM on sunday now and I have only had a tea on saturday morning and water in between. My Fasting BS this morning was 5.3.

I think i can go further but not sure i should as I am not doing it to loose weight as I have none to loose, My visceral fat is 4% and body fat is 13%.

So I will see how after this fast my LCHF breakfast spike up or stay below 6.

@Mbaker Please do invite me for future such fasts. thanks
Will do. It is always good to do an occasional fast, perhaps for autophagy. I did 2 days on this fast. Abruptly had 2 overseas visits to Spain on business and a holiday in Morocco, so didn't update progress. I lost 0.7 kg during the fast, seeing maximum keytones of 2.0.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
This is why I like these types of threads, sometimes you get a snippet of information that could explain some general population trends; whilst some would rightfully say you are an n of 1, it is interesting that statins raise your blood sugar levels - how many others does this happen in. With my friend who takes steroids for a brain tumour this sends his blood sugars (amongst poor eating) around 25, but a definite correlation between taking either 2 mg or 3 mg.

One of the stated side effects of statins is “May cause diabetes”. Yup, why not prescribe them for a diabetic!