1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Now - Wanna Join A Fast

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by Mbaker, Jul 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. nsh2111

nsh2111 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread. I did a fast this weekend as wife is away :) so makes it easy. Friday night had the dinner ( carbs too in moderation and few drinks). Its 6:00 AM on sunday now and I have only had a tea on saturday morning and water in between. My Fasting BS this morning was 5.3.

I think i can go further but not sure i should as I am not doing it to loose weight as I have none to loose, My visceral fat is 4% and body fat is 13%.

So I will see how after this fast my LCHF breakfast spike up or stay below 6.

@Mbaker Please do invite me for future such fasts. thanks

2. Mbaker

Mbaker Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Will do. It is always good to do an occasional fast, perhaps for autophagy. I did 2 days on this fast. Abruptly had 2 overseas visits to Spain on business and a holiday in Morocco, so didn't update progress. I lost 0.7 kg during the fast, seeing maximum keytones of 2.0.

3. aylalake

aylalake Type 2 · Well-Known Member

One of the stated side effects of statins is “May cause diabetes”. Yup, why not prescribe them for a diabetic!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook