What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 up a bit for me but leg cramps disturbed sleep forgot to take my magnesium until woken up by cramp! I clearly need my daily dose ......
Hope all have good Saturday it’s more jobs here at mums and then back on the motorway home looking forward to being back

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
5.0 up a bit for me but leg cramps disturbed sleep forgot to take my magnesium until woken up by cramp! I clearly need my daily dose ......
Hope all have good Saturday it’s more jobs here at mums and then back on the motorway home looking forward to being back

I hope the Yorkshire air makes you feel better.
What do you take magnesium for? (Question, not a challenge)

Reactions: Cumberland

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope the Yorkshire air makes you feel better.
What do you take magnesium for? (Question, not a challenge)
It works for my night leg cramps which seem to be aggravated by my low carb way of eating which seems to encourage more water loss rather than retention especially if I don’t take on board enough fluid the day before and or have some alcohol! It’s recommended by several on here and also drs Phinney and Volk ? Not got access to low carb living book here will check names and title of book when back! Most importantly it works for me.....

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
It works for my night leg cramps which seem to be aggravated by my low carb way of eating which seems to encourage more water loss rather than retention especially if I don’t take on board enough fluid the day before and or have some alcohol! It’s recommended by several on here and also drs Phinney and Volk ? Not got access to low carb living book here will check names and title of book when back! Most importantly it works for me.....
Thanks - will store away that nugget of info in case I ever need it.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hit the cramp problem when I went below 20g of carb a day and especially when I did one meal a day fasting for a month when I often had even lower carb in that one meal. Carbs seem to encourage your kidneys to retain salts in particular which can put your bp up whereas fasting and very low carb eating cause you to lose salts with fluids which need replacing so I also use a fair bit of Himalayan pink salt as well as the regular magnesium as my bp is now so low. I also try to drink lots of water. I used to have high bp and took meds now it’s low with no meds.....

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. A satisfactory 5.3 for me after nice steak and salad couple glasses Pinot Noir at the pub. I’m off to Kent again soon until tomo evening. Have a good Saturday everyone Sunday is going to be another washout I think in the South.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. A satisfactory 5.3 for me after nice steak and salad couple glasses Pinot Noir at the pub. I’m off to Kent again soon until tomo evening. Have a good Saturday everyone Sunday is going to be another washout I think in the South.
Hope it all goes well

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.7 this am. Cool and dull here with a threat of rain. The fields are greenish here, but still no grass growth. Local farmers with animals are desperate for rain as every bit of fodder has been used up. Stories in the local papers of round bales been stolen from fields. I hope for their sake, the rain comes. Have a good Saturday.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I occasionally get those as well . Mainly at night. I've been trying to figure it out by tempering my water / salt / activity ... your info ...

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I hit the cramp problem when I went below 20g of carb a day and especially when I did one meal a day fasting for a month when I often had even lower carb in that one meal. Carbs seem to encourage your kidneys to retain salts in particular which can put your bp up whereas fasting and very low carb eating cause you to lose salts with fluids which need replacing so I also use a fair bit of Himalayan pink salt as well as the regular magnesium as my bp is now so low. I also try to drink lots of water. I used to have high bp and took meds now it’s low with no meds.....
Hi... I'm a similar boat I think. I've been using pink Himalayan salt and swapped to an American lake salt which is meant to be higher in other minerals. I only get cramps occasionally but its a pain when it happens... I'd welcome any specific thoughts ....

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone bit of a rubbish night last night was awake all night (this happens every few months for a while since I have insomnia) 1.30 am this morning I checked my BG and it was 4.3 I didn’t want it to go any lower so I rechecked in case of a faulty test strip BG was 4.0 treated it with a gluco juice then at 5.00 am I checked my BG again and I was 4.1 so I ate a slice of toast (I marked 4.1 as my fasting BG since I ate) and now I’m 5.8

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

looking quite nice and bright here at the moment and no rain forecast :) we were out and about yesterday and it absolutely bounced down for at least an hour, by good fortune we were in a cafe having a late lunch at the time (chicken salad with their homemade coleslaw - delicious), so we just upped the coffee consumption ;)

Have a good weekend everyone :)