What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.7 after a good sleep. Overcast and a cool 12degC. Home gym for me today.
Thinking of pulling my mountain bike out of storage, it’s going to need some work I am sure. It was a high tech aluminum jobbie I bought in the noughties. Of course since the Taxback “Cycle to work” schemes, anything less than carbon fiber is old school and naff.
Have a good day.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

woke up at 4.40am so didn't test just went back to bed hoping for more zzz's (a good plan but sadly not well executed :( ), tested when I got up again at 07.00.

Bright morning here so perhaps a nice walk later after all my indoor time yesterday.

Hope your day is a good one :)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Morning all 7.0 today
Eye screening test results normal
Brilliant- so pleased for you! when I got my results back (also fine) a couple of weeks ago I got quite emotional- my eyes watered more then than from the drops. Only then did I really feel my destiny was completely back in my own control

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone 4.5 not feeling too great today wouldn’t normally feel low at this number but I’m feeling quite dizzy

Reactions: Cumberland

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today but I expected it after a big reunion night last night....in an Italian restaurant. Only garlic bread ordered for starters! Nothing really LC on the menu sadly, I had chicken for main course in a sauce but goodness knows what sugar was in it. I still find eating out frustrating to be honest. Anyway on a lighter note.....

EVENT UPDATE

INVITE IS READY

Ohhhh yessss the official invite is ready folks :)

I received it yesterday together with a call from DCUK. I will shortly be working my way though the list I have compiled of those who have confirmed and some who are yet to confirm that they would like to attend.

Your invite will be with you today :)

DCUK called to go though the finer details of our event with me and I would like to share that information with you now.

I spoke to a lovely lady called Teresa for about 15 minutes. They are right behind us on this event and looking forward to it as much as we are.

Teresa (who seems to be a'big boss' and has worked with DCUK for many years) will be there with Charlotte. Charlotte launched the LCHF program in 2015. (I think it's Charlotte Summers after checking Google). Charlotte speaks at events globally. She knows all about diabetes and is currently working on the following:

1) hypo awareness program

2) T1 program

3) health care professional program

As you can imagine things are very busy. They have done events in the community before and gave me Newcastle and Manchester as examples, however not for the last year due to their heavy workload. But they see this as a great opportunity to get the LCHF word out there to deal with diabetes.

A lady called Charlotte will be doing a talk on the day. I’m looking forward to that. Looking at her You Tube videos (if it is Charlotte Summers) she is an extremely competent speaker and extremely knowledgeable.

GOODIES/FREEBIES

DCUK will sort name badges, pens, goody bags, info booklets for the event. They will try and get t-shirts and she mentioned them having something like 'fingertips of steel' on haha. But this might not be possible due to budget constraints but she will get back to us on this one. They are available to buy should anyone wish to do so in the meantime.

VIDEOGRAPHER/PHOTOGRAPHER

There will be a videographer/photographer there on the day. Teresa emphasised it would be very informal. They will do group pics. But would like to do individual videos also of anyone who is happy to have a chat on film about their LC journey. It seems they just ask a few questions. 'How do you find low carb' 'favourite recipe' and similar questions.

Teresa has sent me a link to some existing videos so you we can get an idea how they roll!

If you scroll down on https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/

to: Be a success story you will see some videos. Also some stories to read. The videos were filmed at previous events.

The pics and videos will then be used to promote LCHF for DCUK if people are happy for that. And obviously nobody needs to be videod/photographed who doesn't want to be.

The local and national press will be contacted re our story. We may yet be sitting with Holly and Phil on the This Morning settee, I'm sure we can all squeeze on!!! Of course I'm joking. We won't all be able to fit on! Have you seen the size of it!

She said they will total weight loss on the day for those involved. It might be 15 stone 20, 30, 50 but the amount doesn't matter. She thinks it's great us all getting together to do this. I do have a list of people's weight loss and I'm sure I can get it to 100 stone (people who would have liked to attend but for whatever reason can't), all on LCHF and having taken control of diabetes. I'm wondering if it's worth trying to collate a list of peoples HBA1c before LC and after from forum, maybe in the ask a question thread, to try and capture more stats to use as more evidence of how successful this woe actually is, that said that could involve a lot of work.

INSPIRATIONAL STORIES AND BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES

They love hearing inspirational stories of how the LCHF woe has helped control BS as well as helped with weight loss. I said we have a booklet of about 20 journeys coming at diabetes from every angle. TOFI (thin on the outside fat on the inside). Linked by genes. Disabled diabetics. Late onset. Multiple health issues. Extreme weight loss etc. I said we had before and after pics too :)

RECIPES
She loved the idea if a recipe booklet and they have their own nutritionist who would Be interested to look at that one.

CHOLESTEROL AND MONITOR INFO

I said we may also have an info leaflet on each of these time permitting (no pressure on those involved just if you can manage it)

ATTENDANCE
Teresa asked me if those who are coming can email Elena (details are on the official invite) with confirmation of their attendance and any dietary requirements. I laughed and said 'Well we are all diabetic'. So any vegans, nut allergies etc needs to be highlighted.

Teresa said a massive thanks to us for making their job so easy!! And for all our hard work. So once again thank you everyone for all your help in getting this off the ground. I could not have done it without your help and support.

NEXT EVENT

Teresa said they are very keen to arrange another event after this one which is really good news. A different area next time but not sure where yet.