What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. 6.2 at 0740. Heading in the right direction.
Have a great day everyone. Sun has come out here again.
@shelley262 I assume you have adopted a puppy?
@Ziggy2017 hope you are better today.
@rhubarb73 safe journey. life changesfor the better when you cross the Cornish border.
Hi puppy is youngest sons - he’s 6 months old and is lodging with us whilst youngest and his Girlfriend are at the green man festival in wales they are picking him up on Monday provided they survive their puppy separation anxiety!

Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning everyone I’m feeling a bit better today not coughing as much and my cough is much looser I think my antibiotic is starting to help :D thank you to everyone who has sent hugs or encouraging messages they are much appreciated strangely my antibiotic hasn’t affected my BGs maybe my body is just used to the antibiotics anyway today’s BG is 4.9 very happy with that :)

Glad you are feeling a tad better Ziggy

May your health improve for you

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all

A very time poor Diabetic nurse spent 2 of our 4 mins yearly review time trying to "sell" me statins.

She wasn't able to give me a print out of my numbers so no meaningful discussion could take place. After I was able to obtain a copy from reception

Shame I couldnt have a proper discussion with anyone from the NHS but any thoughts would be welcome.
I bet that appointment made you feel special Orson:banghead:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It’s part of your liver function - ideally should be below 40. Above that is a sign of a problem in the liver causing it to leak some of the chemicals it makes into the bloodstream. I have a fatty liver, which is improving quickly but my readings are still a bit high. Your reading for that function looks pretty good to me.
Thanks for that. I just looked at my HbA1c test results. Last year's doesn't give ALT level, but the 2016 printout shows a serum ALT level of 25 IU/L, it also shows the recommended level as being between 10.00 - 50.00 IU/L, so it seems I don't have a leaky liver. :)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and to those who don't care about who wins the national draughts championship.

A little 6.2 for me this morning.

Well folks Mrs J and myself are waiting for family to arrive, Welsh Canadians who will be staying till Monday. It should be a good laugh with lots of feasting. We hope they pick up some road kill, a moose or black bear on the way here.

Have a good one folks.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
It’s part of your liver function - ideally should be below 40. Above that is a sign of a problem in the liver causing it to leak some of the chemicals it makes into the bloodstream. I have a fatty liver, which is improving quickly but my readings are still a bit high. Your reading for that function looks pretty good to me.
Thanks for that info....Wouldnt it be nice if those figures were available before the yearly review and they were talked through by a health care professional !.... Thankfully all you guys on this site who are willing to share make it a go to place and really helps !

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night everyone feeling a little bit sick tonight but I’m gonna get myself some cyclizine (sickness med) I’m assuming I’m feeling sick due to the antibiotic. Anyway BG is a bit strange tonight I had a slice of toast as my bedtime snack I always have before the toast BG 6.2 and now it is 5.3 so I have no idea what happened

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all early start to get puppy into garden! He’s 6 months now so better capacity but wanted to make sure!
4.8 bg first thing.
Looking forward to a day potterring with puppy and having adoring crowds when taking him out it’s a different world when you walk a cute puppy even gruff/tough looking teenagers have a smile for him and then there’s all those friendly dog owners out there.
@shelley262 im so jealous I love dogs though the only ones I can be around are hypoallergenic breeds (Shih tzus Maltese etc)

Reactions: millenium

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This puppy called Cooper is a mini poodle so he’s fine my son has asthma and eczema and he dosent trigger it he’s gorgeous and very friendly he’s licked a lot of small children today who think he looks like a teddy bear

Last edited:
Reactions: millenium