What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all early start to get puppy into garden! He’s 6 months now so better capacity but wanted to make sure!
4.8 bg first thing.
Looking forward to a day potterring with puppy and having adoring crowds when taking him out it’s a different world when you walk a cute puppy even gruff/tough looking teenagers have a smile for him and then there’s all those friendly dog owners out there.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Cholestrol is my blind spot - sorry
Can I borrow your serum ALT levels though, I’ve worked myself down from 216 to 56 but would love a score of 18. Sadly there are other things I love, that I probably should love a bit less.
You can borrow what you like ...what does it mean ?

Reactions: Cumberland

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.8 today

had a few berries and some cheese to be on the safe side ;)

I felt ok though, in fact better than yesterday, felt off all day yesterday, very sensitive to sensation and positively yuck before lunch :( woke up today with a cold and with a lovely cold sore decorating my lip :sorry:, hopefully now they have manifested the sensitivity will start to dial back a bit :)

Have a good day all :)

@shelley262 and @PenguinMum good idea for the trouser auditions and thank you for the encouragement :)
@ianpspurs we don't mention coats here either ;)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Hi sorry that they did the statins sell I get it but my cholesterol is much higher than yours. Main issue with results is no trigs recorded so not a full lipid panel so not quite enough info. Only thing I notice about your cholesterol is that you could work on getting HDL a bit higher rather than taking statins! I’d aim to up my healthy fats known to up HDL olive oil, nuts, oily fish etc I also believe in green tea and glass of red read the cholesterol chapter of the pioppi diet by Dr. Malhotra or something on line eg
https://www.dietdoctor.com/worry-high-cholesterol
You probably had but just wanted to reassure you too and suggest you read around things there’s lots about cholesterol on the forum type in search and have a good read but I’d want a full lipid fasting panel before I considered taking statins! Talking of which I’m still awaiting my own results
Thanks for your response. I did take a quick look around the forum and have read things in the past in a kind of recreational way. Now its hit home . A bit like original dx. - I do eat lots of nuts , more than a a kg per week, an avocado per day, etc. but I have upped my meat intake over the last few months. I'll try swapping steak for fish... and must remember to drink that green tea more often. Thanks for the reminder !

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.6 at 7.40 am after a painful night. Up earlier than usual as I have to be at mum's to meet the occupational therapist. Had a distressing phone call from the district nurse yesterday saying that mum weighed only 6 stone 10 pounds and she was reporting it to the GP. The last time mum was weighed she was 11 stone. I knew mum was losing weight but was shocked that it was so low and was panicking that something awful was happening. I weighed mum on the same bathroom scales (on a tiled floor) as soon as I got to her house to find that she weighed over 10 stone. Then I used the scales on (top of the carpet) and she was 6+ stone . Just to make sure I weighed myself and I'd also lost 3 stone overnight! Relief! Have a good day one and all. :)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
You can borrow what you like ...what does it mean ?
It’s part of your liver function - ideally should be below 40. Above that is a sign of a problem in the liver causing it to leak some of the chemicals it makes into the bloodstream. I have a fatty liver, which is improving quickly but my readings are still a bit high. Your reading for that function looks pretty good to me.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone I’m feeling a bit better today not coughing as much and my cough is much looser I think my antibiotic is starting to help :D thank you to everyone who has sent hugs or encouraging messages they are much appreciated strangely my antibiotic hasn’t affected my BGs maybe my body is just used to the antibiotics anyway today’s BG is 4.9 very happy with that :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez - how many people are attending the event (roughly).
I think my real world T2 blog should reference it that weekend and what it is trying to achieve.
My surge into “remission” is getting some attention so I want to catch the momentum while I can.
Brilliant job you are doing there :)

I can't advertise it as we have reached the max number for the event to run smoothly. It's quite a small venue. And also DCUK are very kindly funding it for us which is amazing. But as with everything there is a budget.

This is a first for many of us and it feels like our trial run. Hoping it goes well and we can go for bigger meetings in the future. That's what I'm hoping for.