What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Inchindown

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
On my good days my blood sugar is between 5 and 6 after meals. This usually results in a FBG level the following morning of between 7 and 7.5.

I see members of this forum posting FBG levels as low as 5.

Is there anything I can do to reduce my FBG levels.

I'm type 2 and on metformin 500 mg x 3 per day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On my good days my blood sugar is between 5 and 6 after meals. This usually results in a FBG level the following morning of between 7 and 7.5.

I see members of this forum posting FBG levels as low as 5.

Is there anything I can do to reduce my FBG levels.

I'm type 2 and on metformin 500 mg x 3 per day
Probably need to share more information on diet and exercise for members to give really good help. Some meals can look lowish at 2 hrs then at 4 hrs reveal a nasty sting in the tail. If you share more info members more clued up than me will be only to pleased to help

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Goodnight everyone 6.6 tonight I don’t usally ask but would you mind putting a prayer in for my nanny she’s been admitted to hospital with a very bad chest infection and she has dementia I’m very worried about her my dad said the other day she was in the garden starring at the sky and my dad said don’t go into the light and my nanny said I know I can see my mummy

Last edited:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone 5.3 today no clue why but I’ve woken up with a headache

Reactions: karen8967

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Good morning everyone. Sadly @DJC3 i haven’t brought good weather to Cornwall yet and the skies are grey this morning.
I have brought my family though and they provide enough light and warmth for me.
I sometimes ask my 8 year old to guess my test score (he understands T2 better than many adults!)
He guessed just now that I would start the day on 5.3.
“Don’t be silly”, I said “I never that low first thing in the morning”.
My actual score was 5.2. A very good start to my day in all respects.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Sadly @DJC3 i haven’t brought good weather to Cornwall yet and the skies are grey this morning.
I have brought my family though and they provide enough light and warmth for me.
I sometimes ask my 8 year old to guess my test score (he understands T2 better than many adults!)
He guessed just now that I would start the day on 5.3.
“Don’t be silly”, I said “I never that low first thing in the morning”.
My actual score was 5.2. A very good start to my day in all respects.

Great score ( snap!) Cornwall seems to suit my bg as well.
I don’t know if your family like walking but my daughter put me on to an excellent app: iWalk Cornwall. Its free but you pay to download each walk - there is a lot of info about them though and the walks are great, very well researched. Different levels of difficulty and distances, dog friendly, family friendly. Etc it’s made by 2 Cornish brothers who just like walking.
Hope the weather improves for you later anyway - are you camping?

Reactions: OrsonKartt

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. 5.4 at 0700. So pleased.
Had a really full on day yesterday so hoping today will be more laid back.
@rhubarb73 I saw the best numbers ever when I was in Cornwall in July, dont know if it was the fish I ate all the time or just being happy in Cornwall or both. I do think its magical.
.@Ziggy2017 have just said a little prayer for your nan. She is in the best place and they will do their best for her.
@shelley262 how is life with the puppy bet youre getting lots of walking.
Try and enjoy grey Sunday everyone. X

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...rain rain rain forecast ...had the girls here for almost a week...taking them back to London today...it will be a quick turn around in an attempt to miss the storms...drop them off...head back home...feet up...my week of intensive child care is done...woke to a 5.8

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. A pleasing 6.2 at 7.25 am. My USA visitors left early this morning for a 2 day trip to London after almost 3 weeks with us so I have some time to rest my painful back and to do some catching up on housework etc before they get back tomorrow night. Enjoy a peaceful Sunday one and all.:)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning - late taking after run around garden with puppy who needs entertainment when in garden or starting to dig a hole in our lawn becomes attractive!
@PenguinMum we love having Cooper with us he’s here another day and is such good fun to look after. Lots and lots of walking his energy is boundless. He loves other dogs, people and children and must have licked 20 small children in Bewdley yesterday (they were warned he’s a licker) he has a queue to stroke him in busy places!

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
5.2 today. Very happy with that.
@Ziggy2017 your post about your nanny was very touching, it’s obvious you are very close: sending a hug your way. I hope she is ok.
@Cumberland still dreich here!
@DJC3 thank you we are very close she has been coming up to my house for years she looked after me in the mornings when my mum had to walk my brothers to school. Sometimes you just have to laugh I remember earlier this year she broke the legs off the ironing board trying to put it up bless her