What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...rain rain rain forecast ...had the girls here for almost a week...taking them back to London today...it will be a quick turn around in an attempt to miss the storms...drop them off...head back home...feet up...my week of intensive child care is done...woke to a 5.8

How old are the girls? I’ve just done similar intensive childcare with my granddaughters aged 7 and 5 while their parents are working. They’ve all gone away on hols now ( they live in Cornwall so holidaying in New Forest) I miss them but it is a bit of a relief to just be able to pick up a book and read for 20mins. It’s full on isn’t it?

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - not camping. In a rented house. Very nice. In St Ives.

Oh that’s a relief that at least you’ll stay dry - a day for jigsaws then maybe?
My daughter and her family have gone for a weeks camping holiday - I’m looking out of the window at the horizontal rain and feeling very sorry for them.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.2 this morning - late taking after run around garden with puppy who needs entertainment when in garden or starting to dig a hole in our lawn becomes attractive!
@PenguinMum we love having Cooper with us he’s here another day and is such good fun to look after. Lots and lots of walking his energy is boundless. He loves other dogs, people and children and must have licked 20 small children in Bewdley yesterday (they were warned he’s a licker) he has a queue to stroke him in busy places!

Love the puppy shelly

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Meter showed 5,9 today, head says low level exercise yesterday and poor sleep Friday night showing up. Heart sinks and motivation to get on ex bike pre breaky has gone. Wasn't going to post as it is not a number i like to share but for all newbies with diabetes sh** happens so be prepared. When I finish the 2nd (unplanned) cup of tea I will go ex biking - no point getting all the gear on for nothing. @Ziggy2017 prayer for your Nanny a bit late as I didn't read your post last night..

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning - late taking after run around garden with puppy who needs entertainment when in garden or starting to dig a hole in our lawn becomes attractive!
@PenguinMum we love having Cooper with us he’s here another day and is such good fun to look after. Lots and lots of walking his energy is boundless. He loves other dogs, people and children and must have licked 20 small children in Bewdley yesterday (they were warned he’s a licker) he has a queue to stroke him in busy places!
He is so cute I am not surprised you keep stopping for his adoration. Although I am a cat person I do love other peoples dogs especially the friendly ones.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Meter showed 5,9 today, head says low level exercise yesterday and poor sleep Friday night showing up. Heart sinks and motivation to get on ex bike pre breaky has gone. Wasn't going to post as it is not a number i like to share but for all newbies with diabetes sh** happens so be prepared. When I finish te 2nd (unplanned) cup of tea I will go ex biking - no point getting all the gear on for nothing.
Its good to share Ian. Like you say it happens to us all and for very little reason or no reason at all. I am putting my better number down to No 1 son arriving with large bag of washing and ironing (5work shirts) mid afternoon yesterday to be turned round for him to go back this morning. Phew!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Its good to share Ian. Like you say it happens to us all and for very little reason or no reason at all. I am putting my better number down to No 1 son arriving with large bag of washing and ironing (5work shirts) mid afternoon yesterday to be turned round for him to go back this morning. Phew!
Nice story re son and quite close to my heart. When I first started teaching in London I would just buy new shirts and underwear so I had enough for 1/2 term, Then I would take the lot home for mum to wash and Iron. Once there were well over 50.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice story re son and quite close to my heart. When I first started teaching in London I would just buy new shirts and underwear so I had enough for 1/2 term, Then I would take the lot home for mum to wash and Iron. Once there were well over 50.
Well my husband said “when are you going to stop doing this?” I replied “when I’m not able to”.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How old are the girls? I’ve just done similar intensive childcare with my granddaughters aged 7 and 5 while their parents are working. They’ve all gone away on hols now ( they live in Cornwall so holidaying in New Forest) I miss them but it is a bit of a relief to just be able to pick up a book and read for 20mins. It’s full on isn’t it?
Both nine...tenth birthdays in September & October...it is full on DJC...breakfast this morning is cake...hot buttered crumpets & apples as requested...then the overall mad dash where they cram all their cleanly laundered clothes in their cases...despite my instructions to fold them neatly...had a brilliant time but six days is enough for now...I need to recover & get ready for their next visit;).

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all. Meter showed 5,9 today, head says low level exercise yesterday and poor sleep Friday night showing up. Heart sinks and motivation to get on ex bike pre breaky has gone. Wasn't going to post as it is not a number i like to share but for all newbies with diabetes sh** happens so be prepared. When I finish te 2nd (unplanned) cup of tea I will go ex biking - no point getting all the gear on for nothing. @Ziggy2017 prayer for your Nanny a bit late as I didn't read your post last night.
@ianpspurs no worrires she’s getting out today :D

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

tried out some trousers in mum's garden yesterday, next step is a walk round the village in them perhaps this evening, (can't tell you how daft I feel having such a struggle to do this:sorry: it's weird the things your mind latches on to ).

Got some bush trimming done yesterday and perhaps we'll do a bit of mowing today if it stays fine and then have a walk with the little dog (got to see if the blackberries are getting ripe so I can have a go at the clafoutis @Bubbsie posted).

@Ziggy2017 glad your Nanny is well enough to come home today :)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all. 5.6 this morning. @Ziggy2017 glad to here your nanny is on her way home. Prayers said anyway.

Heading down to the pub to watch the all Ireland hurling final. Kicks off at 3:30. Equivalent to the cup final in Ireland. It’s on sky sports arena, if anyone is curious.
Have a great Sunday.