Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today was started on 5.8, getting concerned about my leg, it's started leaking again and the lump keeps inflating full of err liquid but that won't stop this waddling machine just alters my route to a more flat and even walkway...unfortunately I live on a hill and they do have their downsides but circles are cool so today will be spent going around and around.
Sounds like you should see your GP, a leaking lump doesn’t sound good.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @ianpspurs is there a reason for you doubting your meter. You just seem to be a little down lately is why i asked. I sometimes doubt mine as well.
Hi @Moggely Not down just realising the need to remember the difference/gap between meter readings and hba1c levels. I have read threads on here arguing for reliance on one or the other. Clearly, there is a real level which could well be different to both meter and a1c. I would expect to be a little more "suss" about readings, diet etc after 3 years so cautious rather than world weary or down is how I would characterise my status atm.

Reactions: geefull

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Moggely Not down just realising the need to remember the difference/gap between meter readings and hba1c levels. I have read threads on here arguing for reliance on one or the other. Clearly, there is a real level which could well be different to both meter and a1c. I would expect to be a little more "suss" about readings, diet etc after 3 years so cautious rather than world weary or down is how I would characterise my status atm.
hi what is the gap between the two readings? ive got a blood test in about two weeks {i requested one for two months after last result which came out at 5.5} my fasting levels have at a guess avereged high 5s

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi what is the gap between the two readings? ive got a blood test in about two weeks {i requested one for two months after last result which came out at 5.5} my fasting levels have at a guess avereged high 5s
I have no scientific or absolute numbers but many members see differences between their meter readings and the a1c result. I have never had the same results from last 6 lab tests variation- up to .4 either way.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at this @Diawara any good?:)

Attachments

• Diabetes chart.png
    Diabetes chart.png
    544 KB · Views: 265

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
5.4 this morning and I'm going to visit the gp, or rather the receptionist, and ask about my leg because the pain is beginning to interfere with my waddling and my personal mission of spreading a smile and in my wee book of life this just won't do. Increase the peace my lovelies.