Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What happens in late September?
Morning Mrs McD and what a pleasure it is to converse with such a refined lady. How is Mr McDowell getting on? The end of September marks the 3 month glide path to next Hba1c so I will keep a much more detailed eye on things. I usually use the period in between last test and 3 months before to trial new recipes and approaches.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all up and dressed but nowhere near excited about returning to work after a long weekend, scores in the doors for me 5.4
@jayney27 You have my sympathy for returning to work but the excellent fbg should see you through to at least 10,00 am:angelic:

JanetMcDowell

Morning Mrs McD and what a pleasure it is to converse with such a refined lady. How is Mr McDowell getting on? The end of September marks the 3 month glide path to next Hba1c so I will keep a much more detailed eye on things. I usually use the period in between last test and 3 months before to trial new recipes and approaches.

Now I understand. I’ve got my blood test today again. This time with the Diabetic Nurse though just had one when I joined the practice. Thanks for your enquiry re Mr McD. This week has seen a vast improvement and he is back to thinking he has a say in matters concerning everyday life. That’s the problem when he realises his lungs are working again. Thank God. He had me worried for a bit. Still waiting for an appointment with the Cardiologist though.

Reactions: DJC3

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Today was started on 5.8, getting concerned about my leg, it's started leaking again and the lump keeps inflating full of err liquid but that won't stop this waddling machine just alters my route to a more flat and even walkway...unfortunately I live on a hill and they do have their downsides but circles are cool so today will be spent going around and around.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today was started on 5.8, getting concerned about my leg, it's started leaking again and the lump keeps inflating full of err liquid but that won't stop this waddling machine just alters my route to a more flat and even walkway...unfortunately I live on a hill and they do have their downsides but circles are cool so today will be spent going around and around.
@Grant1969 That leg sounds as though a trip to the Drs is quite urgent surely?

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
@Grant1969 That leg sounds as though a trip to the Drs is quite urgent surely?
Yeah, I've been to the gp about my leg err, several times and a prescription for anti biotics was the treatment until the last visit where the gp noticed I was diabetic so sent me for an x-ray, still waiting and hurting but, err but nothing if I'm honest, I'm concerned about the future and my association with my left leg as we have become kinda close.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, I've been to the gp about my leg err, several times and a prescription for anti biotics was the treatment until the last visit where the gp noticed I was diabetic so sent me for an x-ray, still waiting and hurting but, err but nothing if I'm honest, I'm concerned about the future and my association with my left leg as we have become kinda close.
@Grant1969 Hang tough big man and keep pestering the Drs
Have a great time in Cyprus @GrumpyOldPhart We had the best holiday of our lives last November at the Elysium hotel in Pathos. I loved the idea of breakfast in shorts outside then sunbathing till dark followed by gym for an hr before evening meal - all in November!

Last edited: