What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. The fake news meter is making unsubstantiated claims of a 5.2 this morning. I refuse to be in vassalage to this machine and intend to vote against it along with several other fruity loops.
In the real world - average carbs of 22 gms over last week has shredded my sleep as always. Anyone else find the same?
@Goonergal I don't like being lower than you just because you are at that level. Hope all is well and it is just a crazy blip.

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Morning- a busy few days andBGs up and down.
Grapefruit caused a big spike yesterday- wasn’t expecting that from a friendly low GI fruit: I’m sure the fibre did me some good.

Anyway 6.2 today is unexcitingly average and will do to start the day

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning- a busy few days andBGs up and down.
Grapefruit caused a big spike yesterday- wasn’t expecting that from a friendly low GI fruit: I’m sure the fibre did me some good.

Anyway 6.2 today is unexcitingly average and will do to start the day
Really wish you hadn't mentioned the grapefruit @rhubarb73 Now I am left weeping over the loss of pleasure from Pamplemousse rose (juice) and sourdough toast with marmite followed by coffee. Ideally all consumed in sunny Aquitaine. Gonna be a long day now:arghh: The past is a foreign country and all that but t'weren't all bad.

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Really wish you hadn't mentioned the grapefruit @rhubarb73 Now I am left weeping over the loss of pleasure from Pamplemousse rose and sourdough toast with marmite followed by coffee. Ideally all consumed in sunny Aquitaine. Gonna be a log day now:arghh:
Jus de pamplemousse is my favourite French phrase. I like the way it sound - soothing to the soul.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Bcolclou

7.7 at 6.30 am. Hmm, didn't play to the rules yesterday. Went to a funeral and later indulged in comfort eating. Need to do better and get this down into the 6 range on a regular basis. Hope to try some run/walking exercise later today as I haven't done anything for a while due to chest infection and cold.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
7.7 at 6.30 am. Hmm, didn't play to the rules yesterday. Went to a funeral and later indulged in comfort eating. Need to do better and get this down into the 6 range on a regular basis. Hope to try some run/walking exercise later today as I haven't done anything for a while due to chest infection and cold.
Get well soon

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. Against the general trend, my BG is 4.7. A first for me, but am well aware it could be a blip.
Still doing keto and it seem to be working. Plan to test my ketones just once a week, on Friday. But forgot to doit first thing, so will do it tomorrow.
Raining here, so home gym for me.
Hope everyone is well, have a great day.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Regularly around here these days. Gone are the 4s. I'm thinking the culprit is the 2 pieces of choc I have for supper. I savour every morcil but not sure I should be having it, or having it so late. Or is it that I don't have gallons of water now that I've lost the weight I needed to lose. Will do a little experiment this next few days.

Have a good day what ever you do folks.