What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I don't like being lower than you just because you are at that level. Hope all is well and it is just a crazy blip.

Thank you. Entirely self-inflicted due to volume of food consumed yesterday. On the bright side, no rise after getting up and nothing a bit of IF couldn’t sort out - down to 3.8 before dinner.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late report. 6.3 at 07.00 today. Left home for Kent until next Wed. Stopped off on way to go to Kirsties Handmade Fair at Hampton Court with an old friend. Was great fun and we left at 3pm and I headed to more serious concerns arriving 5.30pm. Lunch at fair was Indian street food chicken tikka with naked coleslaw. Bloods this evening 5.3. Just had M&S rollitos and some nuts. Nite all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. On this day in 1916 Corporal Ben P was killed in France. I have the medals, framed letter signed by the king and postcards from France and Belgium.. Leaves nowhere to hide facing up to any gripes today. No evidence he ever travelled more than 10 miles away from just here until the JRMs of his day thought it would be a good idea to send him to be killed.
FBG 4.9

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all....well I have the number 6 today ...a bit of a surprise as I've been low / mid fives of late ....so I'll be scratching my head a bit today to see if I can recall anything different yesterday ..... but first coffee .... hey its sunny here, hope it is wherever you are...

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all. 5.3 today. Cloudy but otherwise ok here. Wondering if it is time to start taking vitamin D, for the autumn.
Didnt bother with the ketone strip as BG outside range. Might as well leave it till next week. Sticking to the diet will suffice for this week.
Long walk on the cards. Hope everyone is well. Have a great Saturday.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, interesting visit with the nurse yesterday, recent blood test shows HBA 1C of 36, it was 92 in April when I was diagnosed, start weening myself off the metformin straight away and we'll see you in three months, still a bit gobsmacked.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning, interesting visit with the nurse yesterday, recent blood test shows HBA 1C of 36, it was 92 in April when I was diagnosed, start weening myself off the metformin straight away and we'll see you in three months, still a bit gobsmacked.
Wow well done @trick60 you must be thrilled you’re clearly heading rapidly downwards and are in normal territory congratulations