Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi im down to about ten testing strips accuchek performa nano...whats the most cost efective meter and strips combo?

Here are some meters that are popular on the forum:

Taken from a post by @Bluetit1802 as she wrote it so nicely:

The most popular meters for self funding T2's are the Codefree and the Tee2 because the strips are much cheaper than other meters, and you need a lot of strips. You can't buy them in pharmacies.

Try here for the Codefree meter

http://homehealth-uk.com/product-category/blood-glucose/blood-glucose-monitor/

and here for the extra strips

http://homehealth-uk.com/all-products/sd-codefree-test-strips-to-be-used-only-with-the-sd-monitor/

There are discount codes if you buy in bulk.

5 packs 264086

10 packs 975833

The Tee2 is here

http://spirit-healthcare.co.uk/product/tee2-plus-blood-glucose-meter/

Don’t forget to check the box that you have diabetes so you can buy VAT free. (for either meter)

Reactions: bigjim19

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.6for me, saw the general surgeon who is dealing with my pancreatitis, I'd had another of many ct scans and he said I was much the same, which is good, and I asked him for some clarification on what type of diabetes I had and he said it was type 3 or 3c as some call it. I told him the diabetic consultant had said quite emphatically that it was type 2and he just shrugged it off...who do I believe?, not that fussed at the mo because the Gliclazide is working just now but still it's not entirely confidence building.

Bcolclou

6.6for me, saw the general surgeon who is dealing with my pancreatitis, I'd had another of many ct scans and he said I was much the same, which is good, and I asked him for some clarification on what type of diabetes I had and he said it was type 3 or 3c as some call it. I told him the diabetic consultant had said quite emphatically that it was type 2and he just shrugged it off...who do I believe?, not that fussed at the mo because the Gliclazide is working just now but still it's not entirely confidence building.
Hi Grant,
I'm new to all of this and had never heard of type 3 so I googled it. It doesn't appear to be a term that is readily recognized by the medical profession , but reading the brief descriptions if I were in your place I would definitely go back to your doctor and explain what you have been told. I would demand that you get clarification as there will be different treatment involved. A shrug of the shoulders is not acceptable. Best wishes and good luck.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this lovely sunny morning after a terrible night’s sleep - Leftover cat wanted to sleep on my bed, if I turfed her out she just scratched at the door til I let her in again, but I think I must be allergic to her fur, I felt as if I was coming down with a horrible cold but fine now.

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Hi Grant,
I'm new to all of this and had never heard of type 3 so I googled it. It doesn't appear to be a term that is readily recognized by the medical profession , but reading the brief descriptions if I were in your place I would definitely go back to your doctor and explain what you have been told. I would demand that you get clarification as there will be different treatment involved. A shrug of the shoulders is not acceptable. Best wishes and good luck.
Thanks for that, I, admittedly, have tried to keep the sand just above my ears as I stick my head in the sand and presumed that the different names of diabetes didn't really matter, just altered whether you were on insulin or not. Apparently I am as big a fool as I presumed

Bcolclou

Thanks for that, I, admittedly, have tried to keep the sand just above my ears as I stick my head in the sand and presumed that the different names of diabetes didn't really matter, just altered whether you were on insulin or not. Apparently I am as big a fool as I presumed
Don't be hard on yourself. It's a shock to us all. We all think we are invicible to a point then something like this pops it's ugly head up. I still don't know what I am doing but the people on this forum are a help and comfort. Don't let the medical people dismiss you without full explanations. They have a duty of care to adhere to and need to listen. Keep your chin up and good luck.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hi im down to about ten testing strips accuchek performa nano...whats the most cost efective meter and strips combo?
Hi I started with accuchek but the strips are quite costly so switched to Tee2 which you can get free and the test strips are £7.95 for a pit of 50
Visit www.spirit-healthcare.co.uk
Good customer service and very quick delivery, I’ve been using them since January, no problems with meter, strips or delivery
Hope this helps you?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is what DCUK says about 3c
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...ype-2-diabetes,-say-researchers-94307402.html
sounds like you should get this clarified to get the correct treatment. Type 3 is something completely different https://www.diabetes.co.uk/type3-diabetes.html
Sorry to derail this thread but I thought this is very important to point out.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I started with accuchek but the strips are quite costly so switched to Tee2 which you can get free and the test strips are £7.95 for a pit of 50
Visit www.spirit-healthcare.co.uk
Good customer service and very quick delivery, I’ve been using them since January, no problems with meter, strips or delivery
Hope this helps you?
The Tee 2 is now £9.99 :(

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is what DCUK says about 3c
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...ype-2-diabetes,-say-researchers-94307402.html
sounds like you should get this clarified to get the correct treatment. Type 3 is something completely different https://www.diabetes.co.uk/type3-diabetes.html
Sorry to derail this thread but I thought this is very important to point out.
Just had a quick read of this and am wondering if this could be linked to my partners mums situation.
She has been diabetic for about 15 years, never taken any serious steps to control it. At Christmas time she was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s
Since my diagnoses and serious efforts to control my diabetes she has taken some of my habits on board, may be too late regards the Alzheimer’s but she may be able to slow it’s progression, she has made excellent changes to her BG levels and is now able to go back on the waiting list for a much needed operation.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I think I probably got one of the last free TEE2+ meters a week before they started charging. I think the main difference is that they have bluetooth connectivity. Not that it would be any good to me as I'm too old to understand how to use that.