What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. I haven't been able to access this site for a couple of days. Pleased someone somewhere fixed it, well done !. 5.4 this windy morning....

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 today. And my 'little bit of chat' is a quick update.

I dropped off a letter to my GP surgery yesterday. Addresses to the 2 main DNs. I enclosed the Inspirational Stories booklet, 100 stone lost doc, blood sugar testing leaflet, low carb recipes, Dr Unwins paper, details about MP Tom Watson and a covering letter asking them to share all enclosed info with all hcp's, (10) and listed them. I added my latest social media post which i can't attach here as far exceeds 1000 characters! I will give them a couple of weeks and contact surgery. I said I didn't want to take up a valuable appointment so sending in the info and confirmed my email and mobile number for contact. Can't do much re getting our story out into the media as the DCUK PR team are currently working on this and I'm very hopeful lots will come out of our wonderfully positive Birmingham event.

I'm also going to email some if not all local surgeries asking for stats on how many patients have reversed or put their diabetes into remission.

Bit windy on the north west coast today!

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 for this morning so happy with that. Less happy at being up since 5 feeling so nauseous. Hoping it’s a one off and not the metformin!
It could be the Metformin Emma...it can give you digestive problems initially...I had some which thankfully subsided after the first couple of weeks....there are two different types of Metformin...the standard one & a slow release version many say is 'gentler' on our systems...see how you go...if the problem persists speak to your GP or DSN...good numbers.

Reactions: Freema

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Glucomen Lx2 @ 06:10AM 5.2mmol/l
Frestyle Optium Neo @ 06:10AM 4.4mmol/l
CareSens Dual @ 06:10AM 4.2mmol/l
Accu-Check performa nano @06:10AM 4.4mmol/l
Cofoe (Chinese brand off ebay)@06:10AM 3.9mmol/l

I eat to my meter, and I want no more than a(n)FBS reading of 4.6mmol/l
I don't know which meter to believe.
Clearly my Glucomen believes I'm not there yet.:banghead:

YES its driving me nuts.....I'm practically obsessed with achieving and maintaining optimal BG readings.
Those who think I'm certifiable, I agree with you 100%.:facepalm:
I would suggest you do what I did and go to your Doctors and get them to do a fbg and test your meters at the same time.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
5.8 today.
Last night a GP friend of mine introduced me to her friend who organised the recent PHC conference which was covered in the Daily Express yesterday with great coverage for LCHF, Aseem Malhotra and an editorial comment from Dr David Unwin.
I’ve put her in touch with @Debandez so maybe some of the Birmingham magic dust can be shared with them also. Maybe every batch of T2s thinks this at some point but I genuinely feel that change is coming: that a breakthrough in public and institutional consciousness maybe in sight.
Meanwhile back to the day job.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Grrrrr Morening all grrrrr

I was very very bad last night with what I ate, therefore expected a high reading, so my reading this morning was 6.2 ???? Just when I thought I'd established a sort of logic to this blood sugar lark.

Well folks have a good one, mine will be very sore later on, orf to the local hospital for minor surgery, skin stuff. On the positive I should weigh less.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 today

woke early and couldn't get back to sleep so got up and had a drink, was intending to go back to bed then didn't, so, tested after I'd been out of bed for about an hour and a half.

Rainy here again. Miserable weather for the visitors .We managed a walk around the village yesterday between the rain showers so hopefully it will let up at some time today too ;)

Have a good day everyone :)