Carb Killa Bars

smull

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I stumbled across these bars in Asda quite by accident yesterday (they were with the bodybuilding/running snacks) and I think they're going to change my life lol

I tried the Caramel Chaos yesterday and it was nice but nothing special, the Cookies & Cream bar I had today was lovely though. 13.5g of carbs in the whole bar but it tasted great.

The only snag is that they're £2.49 each! That led me to search Amazon for a deal and I also discovered they do a Carb Killa Fudge Brownie Milkshake (8.5g carbs per bottle).

What a time to be alive.
:D

D

Deleted Account

I often eat Nakd bars (https://www.naturalbalancefoods.co.uk/nakd-fruit-and-nut-bars/) - the protein crunch ones contain 15g carbs and the gingerbread ones only contains 12.4g.
If you buy them online, direct from the manufacturers, they cost £13.99 for 18 bars and often have offers on as well as mixed boxes.

Maybe not as low as your Carb Killa's but definitely tasty and they contain fruit, nuts, etc.

Reactions: SamJB

Amanda2376

I eat Carb Killas regularly, esp afta training or keep with me for emergency snack or food on the go. Can get cheaper from companies on amazon or protein powder/supplement companies online. They are delish

Reactions: Rylando88

Rylando88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I eat these all the time, the sugar content is so low it’s amazing! I find them so easy to eat and there are actually about 14 flavours now so I never get bored! There’s always loads of offers on various websites where you can buy boxes of 12 bars for a decent price and some companies will mix the flavours so you get a varied selection. Also, the protein content helps keep me satisfied!

P.s. cut bar in half and place on a plate in microwave for 15/20 seconds = HEAVEN!!!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand the attraction - so many carbs - that's about one and a half breakfasts.

Reactions: Robbity

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
that's more carbs that a kitkat x

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t all these bars contain malitol as the sweetener? I thought that was nearly as bad as sugar for being absorbed so shouldn’t be ignored despite being a sugar alcohol. Now if they did it with a decent sweetener......

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand that some people want convince but a handful of nuts nd a pepperoni stick are just as easy.
Ah but they don’t taste as nice/naughty/normal though. That’s the appeal for me not just being able to stash it away indefinitely without a fridge. But they set my cravings off again so I continue to avoid them.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sugar alcohols or polyols - oh no - I tried them once and thought that I would explode - really painful experience.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've tried them, and for £2.49 they can keep them! They remind me of Atkins bars (not that I've tried those in at least 10 years) - overly sweetened and no matter how much you chew them, they just never want to go away!
I'd rather blow 3g Carbs on a Cadbury's Freddo than eat that monstrosity (or even four Freddo's for the carb value of a Carb Killa bar).

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have these as an occasional snack. I keep one in my bag for emergencies. As the major part of the carb content is polyols which most people don’t absorb the impact carb count is 2g or less depending on the flavour.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have these as an occasional snack. I keep one in my bag for emergencies. As the major part of the carb content is polyols which most people don’t absorb the impact carb count is 2g or less depending on the flavour.
Doesn’t that depend very much which polyols? They don’t all act the same. But then once in a while I guess isn’t that much of a problem. When I tried them it set off all my sweet cravings again and I couldn’t keep them for emergencies

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doesn’t that depend very much which polyols? They don’t all act the same. But then once in a while I guess isn’t that much of a problem. When I tried them it set off all my sweet cravings again and I couldn’t keep them for emergencies

Oh it does, I’ve tested these and Phd Smart bars which are sweetened with polyols too and luckily I don’t get a blood sugar reaction to either, I know some people do. Testing as always is vital.

Reactions: HSSS

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh it does, I’ve tested these and Phd Smart bars which are sweetened with polyols too and luckily I don’t get a blood sugar reaction to either, I know some people do. Testing as always is vital.
Im also fine with all flavours of the phd smart bars and also of battle bites bars. The Grenade killa bars seem a bit more variable - the peanut butter and the cookie dough ones saw no significant rise in BS whereas the white choc one did so I dont really use any of that brand now.
Grenade carb killer spreads are nice but are also incredibly sweet tasting so you wouldnt want much at a time - around 1/2 -1 tsp of the jaffa orange or choc hazelnut ones in a chia pudding is a nice addition with no BS impact

Last edited: