Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good Day all
3.8 @ 07:05
It appears this low readings are not a fluke.
Since it goes even lower during the day, and my ketones are reading like a shoe size, I may have to introduce more carbs.
Folks that makes me really, ..really nervous. o_O
I thought I had this eating thing down pat. I believed what I had to do was find what gives me good BG numbers, and then park there and coast along. Not so says my pancreas. Not so says my Insulin receptors. They appear to be waking up, and I am getting insulin sensitive.
Supposing I add more carbs, and it throws me back to status quo ante:bigtears:.

Gosh!! I hate hard work:arghh:

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
48 hours only this time. Did a 5 day water fast only earlier this month and succeeded in reducing my FBG levels from 8.2 to 4.4.
Once I broke the fast FBG started creeping upwards.
I am hoping to do a longer fast starting Monday next week. Why?
Just to detox and giving the body a chance to heal itself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Diabetes Forum mobile app
Hi @eddie07 just curious, I fast all the time works wonders for me. My Bg was 4.4 this morning I'm 96 hours into a 144. :)

Reactions: Freema
D

Deleted member 308541

Kitchen is in a state of blackout making my heartstarter coffee this morning, it's a toss up whether a new fleuro globe or a new light switch is needed. :meh:
As soon as it was light enough, I ripped the cover of the light and changed the globe, nothing. Give the switch a jiggle or three and there was light, and you could see for plurry kilometres around.

Got a sparky booked to replace the switch today.