What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC, she's got a wonderful expressive face.

My 3 cats are all rescues.
In order of when we got them, they are:

Sheena, female, all black with bright green eyes, currently age 12. We got her from a cat rescue at Petsmart, she was about a year old. She's very self confident, vocal (meows like a Siamese) and can be a bit bossy. She loves to get on my shoulders and purr when I'm at my desk on my computer. She is the cleverest cat of the 3 and the most independent (more likely to nap by herself, her favorite spot is on a shelf in the bathroom, above the toilet!)

Bella, female, grey cat, currently age 16. She followed my daughter home from the local park (was dumped there we think by his previous owner's landlord, the owner had died. This was the second time she has been homeless. We thought at first she might be pregnant (took her to the woman above who got her vetted, it turned out she'd already had a litter, been spayed and was a bit overweight then). She's very affectionate and cuddy, a lap cat. She wakes you up by lying on your chest and purring. She cannot meow (rarely we hear a squawk) and is the quietest cat I've ever known.

Cosmo, male, all black, currently age 7. He was dumped on our front lawn, Easter Sunday (we think that they saw one of the other cats in the window.) He is very shy and hides if strange men come into the house (we suspect past abuse). He is nervous but can be quite affectionate with us and loves snuggling with Bella (who treats him like her kitten) and playing with Sheena. He is easy to tell apart from Sheena as his body language is different, he never carries his tail like a flag like she does and looks worried (she never does) . He wasn't full grown when we got him about 9 months or so. His meow is high pitched (we call it whiny) but he has a totally different rumbly purr.

As well, our daughter and son-in-law live in our basement apartment and have a male cat, Hector, age 7. He's a gorgeous long haired orange and white cat with golden eyes, ruff around the neck and a big fluffy tail (we think he may be part Turkish Angora.) He was born into a household of cat hoarders in a townhouse complex my friend lives in. They moved out, left him behind. :( A neighbour took him in but he was terrified of her dogs so she gave him to my friend. It turns out, he's terrified of other cats (bullied as a kitten because he was born with a defective eye which was corrected, you'd never know now) and could not adjust to her other cats. So my daughter and son-in-law adopted him as an only cat. He's very sweet and affectionate with people and quite intelligent. When we bought this house, we had a doorway installed to the basement apt to keep him separated from the other cats. (Bella would love to meet him but he would not want to meet her).

Whew, I didn't think I'd type so much about our cats. I've always loved cats. I'm fond of dogs too (did not grow up with them or own any but my husband did.) Since our cats were all former strays, they dislike dogs so we probably won't get any dogs.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 hurrah!

@Chronicle_Cat and @SaskiaKC your cats sound fab. I didn’t realise they all had such different characters. We are new to the world of cats having just seemingly adopted our next door neighbour’s. Our dog died a couple of months ago, at the same time as the neighbours bought a puppy so their cat Maggie decided to live with us instead - a situation we are all happy with.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 may or may not be my fbg level but it was the headline act on the meter's big stage - acoustic only. 2 vegan days in a row seem quite friendly to bg, sleep and resting pulse rate. Not enough data to draw any conclusions but very encouraging for building more of these days into the mix.
Edit: Data has updated. Resting pulse rate drop is the most surprising and takes it lower than ever - bg has been lower. Interesting to see what happens after some non vegan days.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Too many medical appointments
The winter months, it’s cold when you’re bald!
8.8 this morning. Great considering only 2 days post steroids. Also had busy day out yesterday watching my daughter and ate burger and chip type of food. Wondering whether I would be diabetic if I wasn’t on chemo? Ah, I can dream!

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are suffering their from their partners mobile ring tones sounding like a message tone and message tones sounding like a ring tone.
Today I was surprised to see a 6.1 greet me, anything below a 10 is good, given my medication.
Well folks what have we all got planned for today? My mates chaos and mayhem are keeping a low profile, Mrs J is a tiny bit annoyed with them and I'm on a short leash. Mrs J has muttered something about pruning roses or was it my neck.....never mind.
Have a good one.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

weather is continuing a bit milder which I'm enjoying :)
chicken stuffed with black pudding, wrapped in bacon today for Sunday lunch one of my favourites.
If it's not too wet underfoot I hope to do some leaf raking at mum's later, there is some satisfaction in seeing the heap grow ;) and I'll also walk her little dog.

Hope your weekend is going well :)