Fasting 7 days (probably)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For a final attempt to break through the 200 pounds barrier I'm going to try another 7 day fast.
I'll probably just do liquid but may add in a bit of egg fasting if I get really hungry.
So starting out this morning we got

Weight 208.8 pounds (tantalisingly close to sub 200 and the lowest I've been when not fasting).
FBG 5.7
Body Fat 27.6%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.3
Ketones 0.9

So far have had one tea with lactofree milk and am just enjoying? a coffee with one teaspoon of cream as I edge towards blackness! This was cold brew that I put in yesterday.
I'll post daily intakes at close of business most days just in case anyone is the slightest bit interested.. (unlikely).

This post is more of an accountability thread but if anyone wants to ask anything then feel free...I'll have plenty of time on my hands!
No dinners to cook..

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For a final attempt to break through the 200 pounds barrier I'm going to try another 7 day fast.
I'll probably just do liquid but may add in a bit of egg fasting if I get really hungry.
So starting out this morning we got

Weight 208.8 pounds (tantalisingly close to sub 200 and the lowest I've been when not fasting).
FBG 5.7
Body Fat 27.6%
Visceral Fat 12
BMI 28.3
Ketones 0.9

So far have had one tea with lactofree milk and am just enjoying? a coffee with one teaspoon of cream as I edge towards blackness! This was cold brew that I put in yesterday.
I'll post daily intakes at close of business most days just in case anyone is the slightest bit interested.. (unlikely).

This post is more of an accountability thread but if anyone wants to ask anything then feel free...I'll have plenty of time on my hands!
No dinners to cook..
I for one would certainly be very interested in your progress as I have just completed the 7 days.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I for one would certainly be very interested in your progress as I have just completed the 7 days.
Hope I can get similar results.. we shall see..I'll probably do less walking then you (lazy git).

Reactions: Freema

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I predict that you will run short of Thiamine unless you supplement !!

Reactions: Freema

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is thiamine?
I'm of the same mind that I decided to share my data with this community to stay focused on the fast.
It's easy to give up or sneak some food when hunger strike or less energetic.
I need to reflect on the impact of extended fasting. The pros and cons.

Reactions: Guzzler

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What is thiamine?
I'm of the same mind that I decided to share my data with this community to stay focused on the fast.
It's easy to give up or sneak some food when hunger strike or less energetic.
I need to reflect on the impact of extended fasting. The pros and cons.
thiamine-vitamin-b1

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coincidentally I have just been reading about adrenal fatigue and they recommend taking vitamin B1 which apparently is found in nutritional yeast.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm guessing this isn't the best time to ask for the time and temperature for a 5lb slab of belly pork sous vide?

Sorry, sorry. I'll get m'coat.

Best of luck with it @bulkbiker. Having met you, I can't think where you hide your VF. What are you using to measure that, as a matter of interest?

Reactions: Fenn

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm guessing this isn't the best time to ask for the time and temperature for a 5lb slab of belly pork sous vide?

Sorry, sorry. I'll get m'coat.

Best of luck with it @bulkbiker. Having met you, I can't think where you hide your VF. What are you using to measure that, as a matter of interest?

I do my pork belly at 52 or 53 deg C for 24-36 hours... I think most people say 55 but I prefer it slightly underdone as I tend to grill or pan fry it (still can't get the heat gun hot enough!)

As for the VF I guess I must still have a bit left... I use an Omron BF508 I'm sure its not all that accurate so I just record it as a number rather than use it for anything else.. still got a bit of a belly.. Although when I did have the gym membership I cross referenced it with their gym standard one and got fairly similar results so maybe they are just all wrong?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do my pork belly at 52 or 53 deg C for 24-36 hours... I think most people say 55 but I prefer it slightly underdone as I tend to grill or pan fry it (still can't get the heat gun hot enough!)

As for the VF I guess I must still have a bit left... I use an Omron BF508 I'm sure its not all that accurate so I just record it as a number rather than use it for anything else.. still got a bit of a belly.. Although when I did have the gym membership I cross referenced it with their gym standard one and got fairly similar results so maybe they are just all wrong?

Yes, for a very long time, I hadn't noticed the VF table in my Omron BF511 manual. It was someone on this site who made reference to it one day. Doh! Like you, I just observed the number alter, and for a very long time now, just sit still. I think it's a bit like blood glucose readings to be honest, it's looking at it holistically and applying the numbers we each get to ourselves.

I guess there could well be an element of skin involved, bearing in mind the amount of weight you have jetisoned along the way. I just keep thinking that must be skewing your numbers. I appreciate that numbers in tables are indicators, but there is nooooooooooo way I'd have guessed your stats.

WHatever your stats, you look incredibly healthy. Probably all that sea air............

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Best of luck x I will read with interest but can’t see myself ever doing this. (Just about to dish up a roast ;))

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will volunteer to be the control for your "experiment"

I have been stuck at around 168 llbs for about 18 months, and nothing I do seems to change it.

FBG 5.1
Weight 167.5 llbs
BMI 25

Dunno the other one's

I'll let you know what happens after 7 days of not fasting.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will volunteer to be the control for your "experiment"

I have been stuck at around 168 llbs for about 18 months, and nothing I do seems to change it.

FBG 5.1
Weight 167.5 llbs
BMI 25

Dunno the other one's

I'll let you know what happens after 7 days of not fasting.

Britishpub, I'm going to join in doing a 7-for-7 fast. (Seven hours overnight, every night, for seven days.) I'll take that one for the team, although to be fair, we normally do 7-7 fasting (7pm - 7am), provided we feed early enough.

Sorry to be enjoying your thread too much @bulkbiker . I admire your determination and resolve.