What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good day all. 5.9 first thing. Been out for a nice long walk, very pleasant it was.
A few days with more carbs than normal, so some backpedaling to do.
Hello to all the cat people, we have several around the farmyard but they are wild. Most will sit on the back window of the kitchen and will purr if attempt to pet them through the glass. But will scamper if you come within 10 feet outside.
Hope everyone is well, your BG is purr-fect. Enjoy what’s left of the weekend.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Canvaspic I enjoyed reading about your farm cats. They remind me of the many barn cats I have known at boarding barns (livery yards? :) ). Some were half wild, others were so tame they would curl up in your lap if you ever had a chance to sit down. Most would nap on hay bales in the barn aisle. All considered the arenas to be great big litter boxes and would compete for space with horses trotting right in their path! Made for some interesting maneuvers. :D

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Chronicle_Cat thanks for posting about your kitties. I enjoyed reading about them. 40-some years ago I had an almost-all black cat who meowed like a Siamese. One of his grandfathers was a Siamese, so I'm wondering if maybe your Sheena had a Siamese grandparent. Sometimes part-Siamese kitties are all or nearly all black.

@DJC3 I'm sorry to hear about your dog. But I'm happy for Maggie and for you.
This was my little cat her name was gizmo i had her for 20 years she was such a character thought she was human rather than feline and she loved spicy chicken
FB_IMG_1487509988838.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not been on forum for 3 days due to hen party weekend (plus forum was down for some time). Bloods do reflect the copious amount of prosecco consumed!

5.4 Friday (nibbles and prosecco at the hen's house.....I had chicken salad with my bubbly)
5.9 Saturday (spa followed by afternoon tea, another chicken salad for me....hba1c test is due on 16th so I'm very focused...Might treat myself after I've had it done....with an afternoon tea!!!) Meal out at night, kebab ....and lots of red wine!)
6.1 Sunday....going in the wrong direction but hen weekend over so back to business.

Busy weekend ahead....very busy. Hope everyone has had a good weekend and next week is a positive one for you all.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This was my little cat her name was gizmo i had her for 20 years she was such a character thought she was human rather than feline and she loved spicy chicken View attachment 29320

What a pretty girl! I once saw two kittens for sale at a local rescue, brother and sister. She was holding him down and washing his ear. Their names were Gidget and Gadget.

DJC3, my kitty who died last year was 19. Very elderly kitty.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20 years! Crikey is that a record? I thought cats lived to about 14-15. ( but I am very new to cat world)

They are living longer than they once did. The cat I grew up with lived to 15, that was old then. One of mine is at least 15-16 now (she was at least 5 when we got her according to her microchip. Her owner had died). She still is in very good shape and still jumping up on things and the climbing up cat tree and on top of our china cabinet. She does enjoy sleeping under blankets on the bed. A friend of mine had 1 cat live to 21 a couple of years ago and lost one this year at age 22. They seem to live longer than dogs (especially big dogs who unfortunately don't live past 10 usually :( ).

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. I get a straight 5 this morning which I'm hoping is the correct number but I'm not going to retest it just yet. Have a good start to the week everyone . The temperature here is still just holding double digits but it doesn't feel that way. I've found all those pure wool jumpers which were packed away neatly last spring. My priority this week is to try to get the wood burner in the studio back up and running.....

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
20 years! Crikey is that a record? I thought cats lived to about 14-15. ( but I am very new to cat world)
@DJC3 we used to have a cat that no one in particular owned..us and three others in the street fed..hence our name for him fat cat i know for certain he was hanging around for about 22 years and how old he was when he turned up i dont know he was a charactor he would scratch on the front door walk through have a sniff then sratch on the back door to go out only oncedid he curl up on a chair and sleep