What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An autumnal start here - what Skakespeare called the fen-sucked fogs. Prick and tell is sponsored by my grumpy old git chuckleometer. According to the message it showed my fbg is 5 and I am related to a Nigerian Prince, had an accident at work and am due a tax refund. Amazing machines. Nice guy called Trotter sells them on local market. Just as well fbg seems within city limits as body is waging some kind of civil disobedience protest against movement.
@Emma_369 great numbers and "enjoy" work. @OrsonKartt hope the wood burner works well. Awesome devices - had it at 25/26 in here last night using well seasoned prunings from fruit trees.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...just up and not at my best this Monday morning...our road is being resurfaced this week (starting today at 9am)...have to find another place to park my car..so coffee first....woke to a 5.9

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Long day ahead at work today -- will probably be home by 11 p.m. -- unless the train is late.

Fasting blood sugars were 4.8.

May your work days be much shorter.
Hug is for the long day at work - fbg was adorable. Do you stay and mark/prepare there or still need to do all that at home?

Reactions: ziggy_w

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, if you don't fit into those categories and wear odd socks don't go skateboarding down the local motorway.......

This morning I was greeted with a 7.2 and can't quite get my around the number, a little research is required. I know just the Janet and John book to look at.

Well folks it's the start of my 5 day weekend, we have things planned, that is all 5 of me's and my mates chaos and mayhem hehehe.
Have a good day avoid Reading.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all back at home safe - crashed in my own bed ( nothing like your own Bed!) at 8pm yesterday and woke this morning at 7am - must be a record for me.
Yesterday 5.1
Today 4.9
For all you cat people including @DJC3 who asked the question our last two cats who were from same litter lived for nearly 18 years - dearly loved members of our family. The cat before that lived for 15 years amazing character. We have thought of another but too much dashing around at the moment.
@Goonergal probably it was all that running around and excitement that put your bgs up a touch!
@Debandez sounds like a fun weekend you had
Hope everyone has a good week and work not too demanding @ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For all you cat people including @DJC3 who asked the question our last two cats who were from same litter lived for nearly 18 years - dearly loved members of our family. The cat before that lived for 15 years amazing character. We have thought of another but too much dashing around at the moment.
[/USER]
What is it with the cats schtick? Arron Banks taunts Carole Cadwallar with the epithet mad cat woman (among other much nastier things) Seems among the alt right cats are just not cool. Very worried now as I really don't like them either:arghh:

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 4.9 at 0400 (went to kitchen for water so thought I should test) and 5.8 at 0800. Happy with those they can come again.
Busy day ahead making Christmas cakes, laundry and a couple of errands. Must remember not to bang a door during the first two hours in oven. My mum used to say it would make the fruit fall and I have always believed it.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 4.9 at 0400 (went to kitchen for water so thought I should test) and 5.8 at 0800. Happy with those they can come again.
Busy day ahead making Christmas cakes, laundry and a couple of errands. Must remember not to bang a door during the first two hours in oven. My mum used to say it would make the fruit fall and I have always believed it.
Have a good Monday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Great news on fbg front @PenguinMum - really pleased for you. Christmas cakes - brings back memories. I don't really like them but I do like the smell from the oven. Mum used to make a few - by request - one in particular for a farmer to collect Christmas Eve - his surname was Christmas:) (unbelievably mean in a way only wealthy fen farmers can be) but "paid" with weed killer not available to public.
I have heard tell that in The Frozen North they eat Christmas Cake with cheese - or were they pulling my pud?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

managed some leaf raking and a walk with mum's dog Suzie yesterday but it's chucking it down here this morning so probably n o walk just yet today.
Going to have a sort out in the woolly drawer this morning and then lightly stew some apples from mum's tree for storage in the freezer.

@ianpspurs - don't know whether you'd call Yorkshire the frozen North but my family always had a bit of cheese with their Christmas cake (or apple pie ;)), Wensleydale or crumbly Lancashire was good, the contrast between the salty savoury cheese and the fruity sweet was/is wonderful.
Old saying is 'Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze'