What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

managed some leaf raking and a walk with mum's dog Suzie yesterday but it's chucking it down here this morning so probably n o walk just yet today.
Going to have a sort out in the woolly drawer this morning and then lightly stew some apples from mum's tree for storage in the freezer.

@ianpspurs - don't know whether you'd call Yorkshire the frozen North but my family always had a bit of cheese with their Christmas cake (or apple pie ;)), Wensleydale or crumbly Lancashire was good, the contrast between the salty savoury cheese and the fruity sweet was/is wonderful.
Old saying is 'Apple pie without the cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze'
For my wife and many others, The Thames is the Frozen North. Always made me laugh seeing the sign Hatfield and The North. Love that saying about Apple pie and generally I love cheese BUT the 2 you mention are on the cupcake, rum butter and coconut list:arghh:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 and me no likey
6.3 2nd attempt so I'm sticking with initial reading!!! Low carb all the way yesterday so it's obviously the prosecco still swimming around my body!

Such a busy week planned. And plans already gone awry as 89 year old father in laws electrics kaput! Of course he knows the solution! Not that he has ever dealt with electrics. Anyway age UK helping so he can advise them on what to do haha :)

@shelley262 nothing beats your own bed. Bet you were out for the count as soon as your head touched the pillow.

Happy Monday to all :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Great news on fbg front @PenguinMum - really pleased for you. Christmas cakes - brings back memories. I don't really like them but I do like the smell from the oven. Mum used to make a few - by request - one in particular for a farmer to collect Christmas Eve - his surname was Christmas:) (unbelievably mean in a way only wealthy fen farmers can be) but "paid" with weed killer not available to public.
I have heard tell that in The Frozen North they eat Christmas Cake with cheese - or were they pulling my pud?
Oh dear @ianpspurs, flat Earth north of Watford Gap, I don't think so? I was introduced to Christmas cake and Wensleydale by my in-laws and initially thought it a very weird combination. It's actually excellent but won't be having it again.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I always make a few Christmas cakes for nearest and dearest. The big one is now in the oven for 4-5 hours and is destined for my local fire station. For ourselves I make half the recipe in a loaf tin which means a slice with a cup of tea Christmas night but isnt hanging around into January! Myself, last year was diagnosed early Dec so was too scared to have anything sweet at Christmas. Saved carbs for a roastie and homemade sage, onion and bread stuffing. I wonder if having a slice of mature cheddar with a slice of Christmas cake might help steady the carb effect. My husband would approve of that combo.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Kinda related to fbg an 'tings. FBG and resting heart rate both raised today after yesterday not being vegan - but correlation is not causation. 88 yer old MIL released from captivity after knee replacement so coming here - no stairs. I have the Theme from The Mission on loop ATM - just hope none of her over 80s playgroup mates phone or even worse visit:banghead: Terrifies me hearing those conversations - that lot were our parents and teachers:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't do FBG this morning but did check a couple of hours after breakfast. 6.7 after a breakfast of coffee with cream, some almonds, and an Atkins low-carb protein bar with peanut butter on top. I don't like to eat sweets for breakfast but I get very tired of sausages with or w/o peanut butter.