Regular moderate exercise log

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Officially a rest day today but have somehow got to 22,861 steps. Aided by two brisk 45 minute walks to and from physio appointment and a 25 minute brisk walk on the way to work. The rest was just general getting around.

Almost detoured to the gym on the way back from physio but decided that over enthusiasm and pushing too hard was what landed me with the physio in the first place. It’s just the ridiculous levels of energy that come with the Keto diet that need channelling somehow.

Enforced sedentaryness tomorrow as all day work trip to Manchester.

Geoffno6

Hi all. Officially a rest day today but have somehow got to 22,861 steps. Aided by two brisk 45 minute walks to and from physio appointment and a 25 minute brisk walk on the way to work. The rest was just general getting around.

Almost detoured to the gym on the way back from physio but decided that over enthusiasm and pushing too hard was what landed me with the physio in the first place. It’s just the ridiculous levels of energy that come with the Keto diet that need channelling somehow.

Enforced sedentaryness tomorrow as all day work trip to Manchester.

Mmmm, @Goonergal, you’re rubbish at resting! 22,861 steps definitely doesn’t qualify. I’d hate to try and keep up with you on an exercise day!

Reactions: DJC3

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Reporting back in for walking duties again. Amazingly, despite a really poor (in my not so humble opinion) few weeks, I'm still well on target to smash my year's totals.

Life has, thankfully, returned to my more usual patterns and my more customary amount of walking is resuming as of today! Hooray! Just a bit of a shame that dark night silly season has begun with a vengeance and despite my hi-viz gear I spent the walk home dodging on-pavement (of the non-shared space variety) cyclists in dark clothing and no lights on their bicycles, and querying with the bus driver, when I decided I'd be safer on the bus for the last mile, if he really should be driving if his vision was so poor he couldn't see my hi-viz gear.

It was safer going out after my evening meal for the last mile and dodging fireworks....

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree with @ianpspurs - some pretty impressive posts this evening.
Mine is very much more modest/ feeble.
15 mins hiit on exercise bike first thing, then 13k steps which was hard work- mostly pulling a very heavy trolley full of books and china to the charity shop 3 times.

Reactions: kev-w and Goonergal

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlifts last night 175kg 5x2 and the beginning was ok but, the last set it was glued to the ground!! It was a battle but I managed to finish it, so I'm glad it went in the end. 180kg next week, as the old saying goes "Train hard, compete easy" next week is going to be even harder! looking forward to it.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A chest session for me, dumb bells to 36kg, bench press to 72.5kg, flys to 22kg and pull overs to 40kg, an ok session, short and sweet with the intention of going back for a swim after a coffee but I didn't get back :)

Hey ho, there's always tomorrow :)

Reactions: Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks trivial but boy was it hard work just to eek this out today. 10.4k steps and swimming lesson.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
Great to see everyone keeping up their activity levels - very inspiring :)
Having wisely ditched my gym class on Monday as not feeling great I managed a gentle 40min walk to/from the pharmacy for a flu jab instead. Felt better Tuesday and got a lovely 14mile hilly walk admiring all the autumn colours and a protein packed pub lunch - great day out! However after dental work this morning I haven't felt very inspired to get any exercise in. Don't fancy running club tonight (its wet n cold). Might follow @johnpol and @kev-w example and chuck some weights around before dinner.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
With very little sleep - 4 hrs 15 mins - perfect excuse for my innate idleness. 12k steps today is the extent of it padding about house and garden but out with dogs for an hour. Fairly basic but back in the day I wouldn't have bothered.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tuesdays back session on a Wednesday, and no swim as child had a paddy fit, pull downs to 80kg, deadlift to 85kg x 6, one armed bent over rows to the 36kg db, shrugs at the same weight and cable bent over rows, then finished with some wrist curls for my left wrist which is my weak point.

Weaker from the change of routine but pain free in my right shoulder so I'm not moaning :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press tonight 100kg 5x2 as it's my opening lift on comp day, followed by a new exercise floor press 100kg to failure (which was 15reps) then home.

Take care everyone

Reactions: kev-w and Geoffno6

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I only walked half way to work this morning, but was dragging the trolley in with about £40 of small change. It was flipping heavy!

Walked almost all the way home having diverted to the supermarket to stock up on Japes Friendly supplies again (I'm so enjoying being back on lower carbs as well as back to normal-for-me walking miles) but gave up three bus stops from home. I could almost feel the glare of the bus driver along with the unspoken "Was it worth stopping the bus for that?". I'd've been more than happy to point out as I pay for my monthly bus ticket and it's it's my choice if I want to do all 9 stops from the supermarket or just 3! Or even 1 if necessary!!!!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a half hour in the pool for me today, practicing front crawl in pairs of lengths with some backstroke lengths thrown in too, 825m the watch said but that's 25m out as I finish where I start, I was going to do legs in the gym but got sidetracked when I got home again :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will be 14.6k steps today with 75 mins pushing lawnmower. *ugger all use for bg control even with OMAD but I tried so can I have a badge please?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Catching up on a few days.

Tuesday turned out not to be a day of enforced sedentaryness - cancelled meeting led to plenty of walking opportunities and step count of 20k. Wednesday bare minimum of 10.3k steps, yesterday 12k plus Pilates and today just short of 10k. Was planning on hitting the gym but stressful, crazy working week has caught up with me and already almost asleep.

Reactions: kev-w and Geoffno6