Regular moderate exercise log

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 3.30 wake up and unable to go back to sleep - 5 1/4 hrs so took it easy - 12.4k steps. Maybe I need to push it one day if I keep waking early and try really tiring myself so much I have to sleep. Who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: kev-w and Geoffno6

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have been reduced to Friday Evening Housework and copious use of Henry the Hoover for tonight's physical activity.

Spent the day hovering around the 4 mark, and trying to fend off impending 3s. (Plus unasked for and gratuitous advice from (Un)-Helpful Colleague who has no idea about me or how my diabetes works despite insisting she's trained in this. Not in my workplace, she's not. I only let two colleagues near me when I'm heading to hypo and this one's not one of them.)

Thought I was OK to walk home, as I'd had chips for lunch, two cans of FUll Fat Coke and the best part of a pack of Dextro, and the carbs from chips usually kick in later, but I hypoed well and truly at a 3.2 on the way, so got on the bus, and was lucid enough to insist on a sulky teenager's bag to be shifted from the priority seat so I could sit down. There was flouncing from her two stops later when I re-tested. Tough - it was discreet.)

Got home and sorted myself out, got up to a better level to tackle another walk and now it's pouring with rain and sounds set for the night.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Squats last night and it was a disaster, couldn't hit depth and every time I went to squat my dodgy knees decided to give way, and to add insult to injury I tipped forward on the way back up (brilliant with 140kg on your back) to say I'm annoyed is an understatement, but I have had very sore knees for a week so wondering if that's why the bad session. Back on the horse on Monday as next week is my last training week before my comp so it had better be good.
Sorry about the rant.

Take Care everyone

Reactions: Geoffno6

Geoffno6

An erratic week on the exercise front. Only 9k and 5k steps on Wednesday and Thursday but up to 22,000 yesterday and 15,000 so far today. I was sick last night, I think it was a boozy lunch spurring 9 hours drinking of at least a couple of bottles of wine all reacting with Metformin. So I blew out the 9am 5k Parkrun but rustled up the energy and motivation by lunchtime for my first ever 10k non stop run

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders, usual warm up and both typed of kettle bell press, front and side raises with the kb's then the same exercises but with dumb bells, trap rows, face pulls :bag::***: and some sets of shrugs, nothing too heavy but higher reps mostly.

@johnpol Obviously I'm not lifting your weights but recently my left knee has swollen and can interfere with my squats if I go past 2 plates a side, but if I do leg extensions first it 'seems' to work better, warming the joint up on an exercise bike or rower seems to help too, good luck with your last weeks training btw :)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Saturday shoulders, usual warm up and both typed of kettle bell press, front and side raises with the kb's then the same exercises but with dumb bells, trap rows, face pulls :bag::***: and some sets of shrugs, nothing too heavy but higher reps mostly.

@johnpol Obviously I'm not lifting your weights but recently my left knee has swollen and can interfere with my squats if I go past 2 plates a side, but if I do leg extensions first it 'seems' to work better, warming the joint up on an exercise bike or rower seems to help too, good luck with your last weeks training btw :)
I've tried everything to warm up the joints but I do need a new knee at some point, I just need the confidence to Squat for the next couple of weeks, but thank you for the advice

Sent from my F5121 using Diabetes Forum mobile app

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Beams with satisfaction.

22 miles walked and no hypos!
Absolutely amazing @Japes
Personally. 12k steps of which 7.6k were walking the dogs. Don't enjoy walking due to speed limitations imposed by back. Maybe I should flip it and give thanks that despite limitations I can still do that much. 30 minutes exercise bike then managed time badly so couldn't fit weights in.

Last edited:

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
After a couple of 'downer' days I got out on the bike yesterday am for 40mins of hard riding then a few bodyweight exercises later. Today was a cross-country league race. Fried egg beans and a rare slice of toast for brunch before 6 manic miles of mud. Probably running for about an hour including warmup/down. Milk and nuts and a little bit of dried fruit for recovery food. Knackered now. Fish & pak-choi for dinner.

annie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone, first post to this thread!

Just started doing more 'regular' exercise getting 10k steps a day. My office job keeps me sedentary and I used to average only 3k steps a day but since diagnosis a few months ago have been trying to do more by walking on my treadmill. I know it's not much but it's a start... Hoping to build up to faster speeds and inclines etc.

10k achieved today and now setting down to bacon and eggs. Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday night :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @annie07

I haven’t posted for a few days since arriving back in Cornwall - my routine’s all out. I don’t do any classes down here and it’s been pouring down for days so walking is not appealing. I’ve struggled to do anywhere near 10k as a matter of fact.

I did bring my trusty exercise bike down this time though. Mr C raised an eyebrow as I was supposed to be bringing a bookcase but couldn’t fit both in the car. Thank goodness I did as it’s the only exercise I’ve done recently.
Must do better.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the thread, @annie07 ! We're a friendly lot and very encouraging. This thread is part of what keeps me going on the walking, along with helping my blood sugars stay safe.

I'm ready for bed now...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe I should flip it and give thanks that despite limitations I can still do that much.

I think that’s exactly how you should view it. You are doing all you are able to do, you’re not sitting idle and that’s all to the good.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10k steps yesterday in an odd day in which I spent a lot of time as a visitor in hospital so basically sitting down.

Started the day with 8am circuit training class and 10am boxercise though. Sunday will be more sedate, will walk to the gym soon then 20km stationary bike and a kb routine. Then gardening!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
OMG I walked and walked yesterday. My feet were pulsating and sore. I'm happy I can feel them thou.
A planned 2hrs turned into 4.5hrs. I sat a little but needed to stand to reach swans in our City park. Kids loved distracting seagulls so ducks and swans could eat. A cheap welcomed sandwich bought from butcher for lunches and crusts went in duck bread feeding bag. We had a great time. Shopping before and afterwards leading to a very slow walk home. I sat when I could but it didn't help as not long enough. Toddler minded son doesn't settle.
Soooo stiff today so will force myself out for a much smaller walk.
My walking has been far less painful lately. On less painkillers too. On relaxed 800cals diet. Weight loss stalled but because not strict constantly. Op not til Feb'19.
Im building up enthusiasm again currently. Once fully charged I will steam roll diet needs once more. A unpleasant diet as I hate veg and sugary milkshakes.