Regular moderate exercise log

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Daily Mail, you know the sort
I did bring my trusty exercise bike down this time though. Mr C raised an eyebrow as I was supposed to be bringing a bookcase but couldn’t fit both in the car.
That's dedication @DJC3 ! I need to take a leaf out of your book :)
I set up my summer bike on training rollers in the garage last week and have yet to summon up the enthusiasm to get on them. Maybe this evening. I'm just about to go for a walk on the nature reserve across the road - a couple of hours plus a low-carb brunch at the café. I had intended on a run but suffering with an abs strain from coughing caused by last weeks virus and exacerbated by yesterdays cross-country. Need to tailor my exercise accordingly for the next week or so.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Swimming then gymming, 1200m breaststroke in 30 mins and then legs in the gym, only up to 100kg squats at the heaviest but that was enough, single leg extensions and curls then both legs together heavier and calf raises to finish, I got out of the pool wiith a Libre arrow straight down at 6.9 so had a couple of Dextrotabs before the gym and bottomed out at 4.9, sat steady at 5.3 now, which is fun :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's dedication @DJC3 ! I need to take a leaf out of your book :)
I set up my summer bike on training rollers in the garage last week and have yet to summon up the enthusiasm to get on them. Maybe this evening. I'm just about to go for a walk on the nature reserve across the road - a couple of hours plus a low-carb brunch at the café. I had intended on a run but suffering with an abs strain from coughing caused by last weeks virus and exacerbated by yesterdays cross-country. Need to tailor my exercise accordingly for the next week or so.

15 mins before breakfast in the morning is a habit I’ve made myself get into. I put trash on the tv and pedal away before I’ve fully woken up. If I stopped to think about it I would probably find an excuse not to do it. Good habits are often difficult to start, but so easy to break ( unlike bad habits) I just thought that if I didn’t bring it I’d never get back on it.
Good luck with yours, your walk sounds much nicer to be honest.

Geoffno6

OMG I walked and walked yesterday. My feet were pulsating and sore. I'm happy I can feel them thou.
A planned 2hrs turned into 4.5hrs. I sat a little but needed to stand to reach swans in our City park. Kids loved distracting seagulls so ducks and swans could eat. A cheap welcomed sandwich bought from butcher for lunches and crusts went in duck bread feeding bag. We had a great time. Shopping before and afterwards leading to a very slow walk home. I sat when I could but it didn't help as not long enough. Toddler minded son doesn't settle.
Soooo stiff today so will force myself out for a much smaller walk.
My walking has been far less painful lately. On less painkillers too. On relaxed 800cals diet. Weight loss stalled but because not strict constantly. Op not til Feb'19.
Im building up enthusiasm again currently. Once fully charged I will steam roll diet needs once more. A unpleasant diet as I hate veg and sugary milkshakes.

Well done you, great effort

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Got on the cycle-rollers for a 1/2 hour steady blast last night which was good, but bailed 1/2 way through my 1hour strength & conditioning class this morning - just felt lifeless, no energy, no strength. I was going to miss the abs work at the end anyhow. I reckon I'm still low from last weeks virus. :-(
tuna, cheese, mushrooms, romaine lettuce & dressing for dinner

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:) A decent Mondays training, I went for a swim, a little one and did 10 pairs of front crawl lengths with a short rest between, 2 pairs of backstroke lengths and packed up, I went and did a bit of shopping and then went back for a chest session, I managed to lift the 36kg db's for 4 as my heaviest set and then worked back down in sets to the 20kg ones which I could hardly lift by this time :) then some flys to 22kg and db pull overs to 40kg and finished with some left wrist curls again, I'm pleased I managed it as I did legs yesterday and have known about it today on my ladders :p

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun great to read about the walking go you. @DJC3 , @stuffedolive , @Geoffno6 and @kev-w top efforts - now to bring the level down.
12.5k steps, lugging pallets and farmers walk with 6' post rammer and a little ramming. Needed a sack barrow for 2 bags of gravel - feel so lame I'm only 63 not 93 :arghh:

You only have 1 back - you are right to take good care of it. Don’t push it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You only have 1 back - you are right to take good care of it. Don’t push it.
I still think if they can rebuild MIL bit by bit they could sort my back - that vet fella would soon sort me if I was a dog:angelic:

Reactions: kev-w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still think if they can rebuild MIL bit by bit they could sort my back - that vet fella would soon sort me if I was a dog:angelic:

You’re probably right, but sadly you’re not a dog so will just have to take care!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Deadlift session last night which is my last "Heavy" session before comp day so 180kg 4x2 felt ok and as I'm practicing I am working on "firing" myself up, something I haven't done since my strongman days, I forgot how to do it!! Might need the wife to give me some "Encouragement" ie telling me to get it done!! Just not so politely!!

Take care everyone

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tuesday walk-day :) 10 miles over Cannock Chase in the glorious autumn sunshine - legs feeling it from yesterday's S&C session. Cauliflower cheese and a cheeky pint for lunch. Lamb & leeks planned for dinner - da iawn !

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Be still my beating heart - I have a new hero!

The utterly splendid elderly gentleman driver who refused to move, from where he was patiently waiting to turn right, to allow at least 15 other cars to turn right in the opposite direction. They were blocking his view, his right of way, and they were wanting to turn right through the two "No Entry" signs. I watched this for at least five minutes as I walked down the hill to work.

I didn't have to watch out for these cars this morning, as I usually do, whilst crossing the road they're all wanting to turn into from a horrible angle to try and beat the traffic queue they'd just about to join if they weren't doing illegal right turns My life is in regular peril at the 2500 step mark every morning normally.

He made my day! If not my week, month and year and I cheered him on loudly as I walked past.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unconventional major exercise today. Swimming lesson, dog walk and 2 hrs or so moving and stacking logs - 11k steps. Still some logs for tomorrow - heck of a lot in 2 cubic metres:arghh:

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two sessions of circuits, one at 10am one at 6pm yesterday, only 10500 steps. A 7am circuits session this morning and then Argentine tango tonight (not very strenuous but a nice stretch!)

Reactions: Goonergal

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just missed the start of the cricket but still early start. 2 hrs stacking logs. 12k steps. 30 minutes static bike. OK I guess as far as it goes but this is a diabetes forum and mine (diabetes) often finds any efforts to rein it in hilarious.

stuffedolive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling much better today. I may have finally flushed that virus out.
30 mins weight training early afternoon, then 70mins running speed endurance session with the Harriers tonight. Treated myself to a beer in the bar after before fish & stir fry veg at home. :)

Reactions: Goonergal