What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's nighttime so this is not FBG but I'm happy about it --
BG at 9:45 pm - 6.3 after a bowl of oatmeal with peanut butter, shredded coconut, almonds, and dark chocolate.
Something I would have considered a fairly nutritious meal before T2 dx, now I'm just glad it doesn't spike me.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning :)

Fell down the stairs at 4am, as I have upped bedtime jab I figured hypo but....

7.8 booooooooo!

Have a great day :)

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 6.2 FBG, good day at Kingston Uni yesterday hugely disorganized open day, but still looks like a great place to learn, GD loved it but standards to enter reflect the fact that its one of the best in the country, all the students looked massively happy to be there and the place had a great vibe.

Ouchski, @Fenn not a good start to the day mate.

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
So far so good. Started testing properly Monday and dropping slowly all week. Have not had a single reading go over 6.5. Although my daughter wanted to be done. I relented out of curiosity as I had a small portion of pasta. She had the standard pile. Beans on toast for dinner, porridge for breakfast and half a 250ml Ben and jerries for afters. I had a post meal of 6.5 and felt pretty chuffed. Hers was 5.9.

Fasting

May make it under 5 tomorrow?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I somehow hooked my arm over the bannister which is the most painful bit, got a lovely bruise, reckon ill be in for a little sympathy when wife sees it so its all good lol, thanks
Ouch Fenn ...thankfully you're still in one piece...if you have any a little Arnica will bring that bruising out...some pampering is definitely in order.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear about your fall @Fenn and your low start @karen8967. Good to see you @Spl@ and good to read numbers showing good things for you. @Emma_369 hope you managed more than 2 hours sleep. 5.2 today factor in the impending DP rise and very meh - part of current very underwhelming performance of my body. On the plus side, not such an awful performance when in a trough - besides, today is a festival (lesser) Saints and Martyrs of England.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

sore throat still around but at least not so much coughing last night ;)

It's a bit cooler this morning but hopefully w'll have a less windy day today, the wind really got up during my walk yesterday, swirls of leaves and little dust tornadoes round my feet as I walked, very autumnal :)

Hope your day treats you well :)