What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.8 this morning, amazing how a number under 8 always makes me feel happy :). - sorry to hear about all the bumps, bashes and hypos that people on the board are suffering. I hope you all feel better soon. Mr P had the wound on his leg dressed the other day by the nurse and it is now healing up well and far less painful. Off out to the shops and then back to my desk to write some more of the little book I am writing. Beautiful morning here in London.

I love writing and keep thinking of penning a book. I’m currently writing my second PhD but think I’d love to write a book next. Although I bet another course will spark my interest

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Fenn so sorry about your fall I fell down the bottom 5 steps 2 weeks ago thanks to our ever helpful cocker. I managed to re tear a ligament in my left foot. I’m relieved as last years falls ended up with me having torn rotor cuffs. I am a bit of a liability but please be careful ( famous last words )

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
morning all very late start for me. I didnt finish till very late last night. I start the day with strong coffee and a 5.3 on the sugar scale.... gone lovely and sunny here, must make the most of it. Have a good day folks..

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.9 today. High for me. Might have been too many sweet potato fries last night, three days without workout on the elliptical trainer (though plenty of walking), lack of sleep, stress or any combination thereof. Seems a bit of fasting might be called for.

@shelley262 - - Sounds as if you have a couple of stressful days ahead of you. Hugs.
@Fenn - - Sorry to read about your fall. It's good that a big bruise is the worst of it. I hope your wife will spoil you a bit today. You deserve it.
@Canvaspic - - Good luck with your endo appointment today. Hope it's all good news.
@karen8967 - - Hugs. These hypos are awful. Glad your blood sugars are better now.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all, coffee in front of me and a 5.2 this morning. Best thoughts all.

https://www.thesleepdoctor.com/2017/11/20/magnesium-effects-sleep/. I've just done a 2 week supplement of magnesium as I thought it might help cramps. Cheap as chips and they say it helps sleep too? Maybe worth a try if you havent already.
Morning OrsonKartt. My husband has been taking magnesium as it is reported to help tinnitus. He says it hasn't made any difference but he is definitely sleeping more soundly. Interesting.:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I love writing and keep thinking of penning a book. I’m currently writing my second PhD but think I’d love to write a book next. Although I bet another course will spark my interest
Judith's god mother was a published author.

This is one of her books

Humorous Tales Ethel Fisher.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
while listening to Andrea Bocelli singing Panis Angelicus this morning one of my mothers favorite hymns I realized the date and that if she was still with us it would have been her 100th birthday today funny how the mind works some times.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Is one allowed to say wow?
Thanks Ian, as we have talked about before, we are all trying to manage this hideous condition as best as we can. I am trying to train my body to be super insulin sensitive (not to go back to full blown carbs - never again). I am now losing muscle mass on extended fasting (after 2 days for me) so my numbers will go back to low 4's (hopefully, never take T2 monster for granted).

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Oh my goodness. What a sweetheart! We lost our 15 year old springer ( Lottie) But our 8 year old cocker ( hugo) over his initial upset and enjoying being an only puppy. I’m so jealous do we have any names ?

Oh dear the loss of your Lottie so so sad

We’re calling him Banger

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning :)

Fell down the stairs at 4am, as I have upped bedtime jab I figured hypo but....

7.8 booooooooo!

Have a great day :)

Crumbs and crikey that’s awful
@Fenn

Hope there is no lasting damage
I read you have bruised hope that’s all

Reactions: Fenn

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning OrsonKartt. My husband has been taking magnesium as it is reported to help tinnitus. He says it hasn't made any difference but he is definitely sleeping more soundly. Interesting.:)
It could be coincidence but I havent had a leg cramp while I took it. Mind you I took a whole bunch of other stuff too. Who knows what did what but as long as it works its fine. I've layed off them all now as I'm feeling better....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian, as we have talked about before, we are all trying to manage this hideous condition as best as we can. I am trying to train my body to be super insulin sensitive (not to go back to full blown carbs - never again). I am now losing muscle mass on extended fasting (after 2 days for me) so my numbers will go back to low 4's (hopefully, never take T2 monster for granted).
I was sure you had a plan so great it is working for you. How does one train the body to be super insulin sensitive? Also, like the conformation of the rise after fasting/extended IF.

Reactions: ziggy_w

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.8 this morning, amazing how a number under 8 always makes me feel happy :). - sorry to hear about all the bumps, bashes and hypos that people on the board are suffering. I hope you all feel better soon. Mr P had the wound on his leg dressed the other day by the nurse and it is now healing up well and far less painful. Off out to the shops and then back to my desk to write some more of the little book I am writing. Beautiful morning here in London.

Good to hear the news about your under-8 # and that Mr P is doing better.
I would be interested to hear about your book (if you want to post about it) as I am trying to put together a poetry chapbook before Christmas.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
while listening to Andrea Bocelli singing Panis Angelicus this morning one of my mothers favorite hymns I realized the date and that if she was still with us it would have been her 100th birthday today funny how the mind works some times.

I love that hymn. And I have been thinking similar things recently. Early November is hard for me. "For All the Saints" makes me nostalgic for the cathedral where I sang it with good friends (and a great pipe organ!). Another good friend would have been 66 on Tuesday, and my parents were married 70 years ago yesterday (and lived to be married 50 years!).

So yeah, minds work on us sometimes :) .