Are we going to die post-Brexit?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Lol, yeah, surrounded by machine-gun nests...

Your quote made me think of one of my favourite Ealing cinema films:- Passport to Pimlico...................

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Why do people try to blame Brexit on just about every thing bad that happens? The decline of the NHS began decades ago, the economic damage happened world wide with the 2008 crash. Nothing at all to do with Brexit.

Because it will make the bad worse and what was good will be lost.

But don't worry I'm sure dear Mrs May will share her stash of insulin with every one and cousin Boris will make sure every thing turns out well for the jingoistic xenophobes of this nation

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The will of the people in 1975 of whom I was one.

The electorate expressed significant support for EC membership, with 67% in favour on a national turnout of 64%. The referendum result was not legally binding; however, it was widely accepted that the vote would be the final say on the matter and would be politically binding on all future Westminster Parliaments. In a 1975 pamphlet, the then Prime Minister Harold Wilson said: "I ask you to use your vote. For it is your vote that will now decide.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The will of the people in 1975 of whom I was one.

The electorate expressed significant support for EC membership, with 67% in favour on a national turnout of 64%. The referendum result was not legally binding; however, it was widely accepted that the vote would be the final say on the matter and would be politically binding on all future Westminster Parliaments. In a 1975 pamphlet, the then Prime Minister Harold Wilson said: "I ask you to use your vote. For it is your vote that will now decide.

There is one hell of a difference between the Common Market as it was in 1975, and what it has now become. Sorry, but no-one can dispute that.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Bluetit1802 - I’m assuming that as your profile says you’re a T2 in remission, that you don’t take insulin? I don’t think you can comprehend the fear that some of us who rely on the stuff to survive are living under just now.

Reactions: dbr10

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 - I’m assuming that as your profile says you’re a T2 in remission, that you don’t take insulin? I don’t think you can comprehend the fear that some of us who rely on the stuff to survive are living under just now.

You are quite right. I am T2 and don't take any meds at all, for anything. However, I do understand that many of you are worried, and I sympathise with you. I apologise if my posts have upset anyone.

Reactions: paulmh and dbr10

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t think you can comprehend the fear that some of us who rely on the stuff to survive are living under just now.
Please do let your MP know how you feel, whoever they are. If they are Brexiters, tell them how worried you are and the damage they are doing. If they are active remain supporters, thank them and encourage them. You can find out who your MP is here, https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/ There's not much time left, do it now!
Sally

Reactions: dbr10 and enzina

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Please do let your MP know how you feel, whoever they are. If they are Brexiters, tell them how worried you are and the damage they are doing. If they are active remain supporters, thank them and encourage them. You can find out who your MP is here, https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/ There's not much time left, do it now!
Sally
Already done, several times since the misguided opinion poll of June 2016! My MP is a remainer, marched with us last month for a People’s Vote, and is on side. I’ve also recently written to TM the PM and Matt Hancock (Health Secretary), my MEP and the leader of my own party. I’m already a very active campaigner on this issue, so I hope your comment will give others the info they need to do the same :)

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Already done, several times since the misguided opinion poll of June 2016! My MP is a remainer, marched with us last month for a People’s Vote, and is on side. I’ve also recently written to TM the PM and Matt Hancock (Health Secretary), my MEP and the leader of my own party. I’m already a very active campaigner on this issue, so I hope your comment will give others the info they need to do the same

Oh, well done! More letters than us, but we were on the march, if you can call standing outside The Dorchester waiting to move off for a couple of hours "marching". Got as far as Trafalgar Square.
Sally

Reactions: dbr10 and Geoffno6

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh, well done! More letters than us, but we were on the march, if you can call standing outside The Dorchester waiting to move off for a couple of hours "marching". Got as far as Trafalgar Square.
Sally
Aye, it was quite busy, wasn’t it? I got as far as Downing Street before the crush was just too much, so went to Scotland Yard to protest there ;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The NHS has been in trouble for far longer than since the referendum and the economic crash happened in 2008. Yes, there was an immediate impact on the Pound but that happens every time the stock market gets a bit jittery.
Sorry, just not true. The crash in the pound that followed the Brexit vote was the largest single-day drop that any of the four global currencies in which bulk of global hard cash reserves are held has seen since the collapse of Bretton Woods in the early 70s. To put it into perspective, it was twice as bad as Black Wednesday.

And of course there's the stuff that the "Open Insulin Project" has done...

Reactions: dbr10 and Jaylee

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Sorry, just not true. The crash in the pound that followed the Brexit vote was the largest single-day drop that any of the four global currencies in which bulk of global hard cash reserves are held has seen since the collapse of Bretton Woods in the early 70s. To put it into perspective, it was twice as bad as Black Wednesday.

But the sky still did not fall down.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow, what wonderful people they both were, I am in awe of them. Thank you for uploading the clip :)

Cheers, RRB!

It's difficult to truly understand the stress they must have went through. Can you imagine injecting homemade stuff, having no real idea how potent it was, knowing potency will change from batch to batch, not knowing whether it was infected or not, and not being able to measure bg in any meaningful way, while there's bombs dropping a couple of blocks away?

I've found her story a useful "mind game" for keeping things in perspective. Sure, T1 is still a difficult gig, I'm not trying to understate or dismiss the seriousness of it, but whenever things are going a bit sketchy for me, I take a deep breath and remind myself things are way easier for me now than for Eva. I can't complain about it, it's just something I need to sort.

There's probably a lot of others around the world who have done the same thing, but their stories haven't been written.

Geoffno6

I think it’ll all be fine after Brexit. There are too many vested interests on both sides of the channel to allow a shambles. Growth will be a little slower but it’ll be fine. And .....if you disagree you actually want to be wrong!

Geoffno6

But nowhere near as bad as the collapse of the pound at the end of (I think it was) 2007. If my memory serves me right, the pound slowly went from 1.5 to the Euro almost to parity not in a day but over several months. A big one day fall is rarely a big fall per se.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Except for those folk who were about to cash in their pension plans. I don't suppose the future looked very bright for them.

I agree on that point. Phillip Green needs to be prosecuted and pdq!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But we will all die after Brexit.

IMG_1259.JPG