BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting afternoon readings

BG 5.0
Ketones 5.0

Wonder why BG is up.. only had the usual teas and coffees and walked the dog along the beach... Maybe its just getting bored with only getting some eggs every 24 hours or my liver is doing some more emptying..Not sure I'll ever understand how it all works...

Reactions: Freema

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats on the progress!

Could your results be activity related, ie from the walk on the beach? I was out earlier and it's been pretty windy, so wind chill would have been high.

(Oh, and as for understanding.. The more I learn, the more I admire our walking chemical refineries. And looking for an 'Endocrinology for Dummies' textbook to learn more..)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats on the progress!

Could your results be activity related, ie from the walk on the beach? I was out earlier and it's been pretty windy, so wind chill would have been high.

(Oh, and as for understanding.. The more I learn, the more I admire our walking chemical refineries. And looking for an 'Endocrinology for Dummies' textbook to learn more..)
I doubt it's the exercise.. was only about a mile and hardly strenuous. I did try and find an OU course on human biochemistry but nothing very useful.. plus they'll probably just teach a load of outdated stuff..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last proper fasting evening and we get

BG 5.0
Ketones 4.4

Todays intake
Screenshot 2018-11-09 at 22.37.09.png

only one coffee today so minimal cream..
Will probably repeat the eggs for lunch tomorrow then roast chicken for dinner. Sweet dreams all!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting afternoon readings

BG 5.0
Ketones 5.0

Wonder why BG is up.. only had the usual teas and coffees and walked the dog along the beach... Maybe its just getting bored with only getting some eggs every 24 hours or my liver is doing some more emptying..Not sure I'll ever understand how it all works...
I reckon it's your liver trimming up a bit...and that's a good thing. :)

Reactions: ringi

eddie07

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic effort and results.
Will you be able to update us on your post - fasting numbers as I am particularly interested in the impact of the fast.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last morning
Another good nights sleep
FBG 4.5
Ketones 3.8
Weight 200.6 pounds.........b***er
Body Fat 27.3%
Visceral fat 11
BMI 27.2

0.7 of a pound away from Onederland..oh well... now the hard task of maintaining the loss.. will carry on updating sporadically as some seem interested in post "fast" results.
Start weight 208.8 pounds last Sunday morning
Finish weight this morning 200.6 so 8.2 pounds lost
BMI from 28.3 to 27.2
Body fat % moving around as per usual with no real direction
Visceral Fat down 1 point from 12 to 11.
All in all pretty successful.
Thanks for reading!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ended up not eating anything yet today so afternoon figs still fasting
BG 4.6
Ketones 5.6

Looking forward to roast chicken tonight though..

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
You've done great here. Shame it's not summer, you'd be running along the beach Baywatch style.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've done great here. Shame it's not summer, you'd be running along the beach Baywatch style.
What with all me loose skin bouncing along too.. I doubt it.. not a pretty sight! Although to be fair I have a lot less than I thought I would still not sure the world is ready for full exposure though... Swimmers were in evidence in France though.. no-one knew me there!
I was going to post evidence but checking out the pics maybe next time! Post autophagy...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After dinner readings Roast chicken and some ham

BG 6.0
Ketones 2.7

Kind of usual post fast numbers bloods always seem to spike a bit (for me anyway) and then calm down

Todays intake
Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 22.18.34.png

kind of carried on the fast for longer than intended as forgot to eat lunch! So a lower day than I had thought food wise.

set-in-stone

Like most things fasting gets easier the more you do it. Just beware that sometimes your body can get very used to OMAd and you may not get the benefits consistently its a good idea to shake it up a bit sometimes by doing a 2 or 3 meal a day every so often or of course extend the fasts a bit maybe to 47 hours.

Thanks . I will definitely mix it up. Started OMAD as my weight had stalled for months and I wanted to break the plateau.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning fasting fans.. so a wet and windy night on the south coast..

Woke up to

FBG 5.9
Ketones 3.0
Weight 201 pounds
Body Fat 27.3%
VF 11
BMI 27.3

Slept well .... roast chicken was yummy (although slightly overdone.. my fault)
Usual post fast numbers.. slightly elevated BG but still well in ketosis.
Have a great day

Reactions: Speedbird and zand

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from 3 days holiday in Prague, lots of walking but also plenty of beer and even some chips and dumplings. I lost 3 lbs, so fasting to lose weight seems suprisingly ineffective.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from 3 days holiday in Prague, lots of walking but also plenty of beer and even some chips and dumplings. I lost 3 lbs, so fasting to lose weight seems suprisingly ineffective.
I think what is effective is changing things around every so often, so feasting and famine can both be useful tools.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So slowly working back to normal post fast
This afternoon we had
BG 5.0
Ketones 3.6

Just before bed and after dinner
BG 6.1 slightly odd but not too surprising
Ketones 2.9

Intake today was more reasonable
Screenshot 2018-11-11 at 23.25.25.png

Next weigh in tomorrow am......

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all ... post fast update

Morning numbers today
FBG 5.3
Ketones 2.8
Weight 201.6 pounds
Body Fat 26.5% no idea where that went...
VF 11
BMI 27.3

Not much change had a full eating day yesterday (well for me at least) and some cheese which tasted brilliant!
Bit hot in the night which may have been the body ramping up a bit after 3 home made burgers with 450g of minced beef.
Off out for a reunion dinner with some colleagues from many moons ago tonight so won't have any food data but we are going Turkish so will have some meaty skewers.. ooer missus..
I will get sub 200 pounds one day....but probably not this week.. maybe Christmas?