Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eat your breakfast today young lady - I shall be checking. No feeding the cat on the sly:angelic:

I did today, thank you for the concern.
I know what the issue is really - I’m just not doing enough exercise - none of my usual classes or brisk walks to cafes or coffee shops. There are some lovely walks down here but you have to drive to get to them, which doesn’t sit comfortably with me. I need a dog then I’d do it.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
They are knocking my average around Jim, I have only got a couple of weeks before I have a hba1c done in December.

Still another pot in the box as well.

It’s sometimes baffles me we eat the same things week in week out don’t change the routine but the figures go all over the place why ?

Your averages should be ok as it’s over 3 months and your figures have been really good so it shouldn’t affect it to much

Reactions: Ally Pally
D

Deleted member 308541

It’s sometimes baffles me we eat the same things week in week out don’t change the routine but the figures go all over the place why ?

Your averages should be ok as it’s over 3 months and your figures have been really good so it shouldn’t affect it to much
One of life's mystery's mate.

A lot of those good figures were several months ago, so would not probably have much effect on a six month test. I pulled the data off my meter at the beginning of the month, and my three month average was 5.3, but have had a few high readings this last week or so during the day.

Reactions: Freema

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
One of life's mystery's mate.

A lot of those good figures were several months ago, so would not probably have much effect on a six month test. I pulled the data off my meter at the beginning of the month, and my three month average was 5.3, but have had a few high readings this last week or so during the day.

Last time I did mine my average was 6.4 on the meter but the proper test from the doctor came in at 6.0 and I had a few biggies in that 3 months what I’m getting at is the meter is never spot on but as long as it comes under at the main test then great

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great Hba1c @zand you must be very satisfied with how things are working.
Yes I am. It's just odd that my FBGs are running at a higher level than they once were yet my HbA1c is 8 points lower than my previous lowest. I am hoping that maybe my ALT liver count has vastly improved and the increased FBG may be just signs of the liver getting rid of excess glucose and trimming up more. I may just have to accept that I won't get FBGs in the 4's anymore. We'll see...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I am. It's just odd that my FBGs are running at a higher level than they once were yet my HbA1c is 8 points lower than my previous lowest. I am hoping that maybe my ALT liver count has vastly improved and the increased FBG may be just signs of the liver getting rid of excess glucose and trimming up more. I may just have to accept that I won't get FBGs in the 4's anymore. We'll see...
Interesting that you find such a big disconnect between the numbers you see from your own testing and HbA1c. My own numbers would suggest my HbA1c should be quite a bit lower so I end up fretting and aiming for unattainable levels just to try to bring the lab numbers down. Your way seems far better.
Update: Of course, you can take the fret out of the boy BUT .......:arghh:

Last edited: