Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Freema , thank you for your concern. I've been to the physio today and he was brilliant! He has manipulated, used acupuncture and ultrasound. It does feel easier although the treatment did hurt at times. I'm going again on Friday. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are so right, sometimes the balancing act is a daily battle, I beginning to understand that so many factors come into play, it’s not just what we eat or don’t eat, it’s things like have we moved enough or too much, have we had enough fluids, then add into the mix emotions, feeling anxious or stressed or totally relaxed and calm! I mentioned earlier on a different post about the ignorant bliss before having a meter, I’m quite sure that there were days when BG would have been raised but because we weren’t testing we weren’t worried, now it’s almost a reward or punish situation, good number, well done eat, bad number, oh dear don’t eat lol
I have decided that if I am going to be controlled by this condition for the rest of my life I need to do everything in moderation. The strict and disciplined approach doesn’t have to be the be all and end all, I know the mechanics, I know what to do and more importantly what not to do but it needs balance, I need to be kind and sensible to myself but balance this so that I can enjoy situations and the company I’m with otherwise I fear I may burn out.
When I think about what I’ve achieved in the year since diagnoses I’m truely amazed, I’m honest enough to admit that without it I wouldn’t have lost the weight I have or improved my fitness and for that I’m eternally thankful but to do this for the rest of my life I need to make it sustainable for me and my family.
I am definitely beginning to see some wisdom in the don't test advice - testing creates problems all of its own. One of the mods in the menu thread had a regime which involved longish periods of no or minimal testing then bursts of wearing cgm. That has huge attractions for me. I like the virtual friendship from posting on here but the testing and associated what will it be rubbish is definitely wholly destructive. It almost certainly raises bg into the bargain.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3