Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I had my dinner and actually weighed it so know my dose was right. Just tested and meter says 12.9, so I check again and get a 9, hmmm I think and try again (all different, clean, fingers) and 7.1. So posting here before I try again, any bets on the final number or do I just take an average? Grrrr

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Awwww, I would swear but I'd have to tell myself off, 16.2. Now looking for the spare meter.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my dinner and actually weighed it so know my dose was right. Just tested and meter says 12.9, so I check again and get a 9, hmmm I think and try again (all different, clean, fingers) and 7.1. So posting here before I try again, any bets on the final number or do I just take an average? Grrrr

Roll up roll up come and play BG bingo;)

Reactions: Diakat

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Ok so now I have a 13 and an 8. Might have to make a Cupar, take a few deep breaths and then test until I get any value within 1 of each other before correcting. Or I could pick the 16, correct and see how bumpy the night gets.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Got another two weeks to go, it’s really intense and full on. I absolutely LOVE IT :) We did defibrillators today, plus normal CPR. And ran through scenarios starting from arriving on scene to the inevitable conclusion, I don’t normally like role play, but this was surprisingly ok. Highlighted how much I need to work on my upper body strength! But my slightly dodgy shoulders didn’t give way, so I’m happy with that.

And thank you, yeah, I do fixate a little on my cats-ups, I’m at 5.8 now, and quite content.

I’m reluctant to bin this one, there’s a massive bruise under it which I’m not sure I want to see the light of day :D

Talking of bruises, I got around to removing the nail varnish on my toes last night. I noticed that my right big toenail is purple underneath the polish - it doesn’t hurt (I do have feeling in that toe), there’s no spread of the bruise onto the toe itself, it’s literally just under the nail. Anyone come across this before? I never have. I’ve not kicked anything or dropped anything on it, it’s really odd. I’d never have noticed had I left the polish on and not fancied a change. Not sure whether to ring the DN tomorrow for advice.
The advice might be to stop using opaque nail varnish !! I wonder what happens to an insulin pump when some one wearing one is zapped with a defibrillator!! ?Fried pump on toast??:bag::bag:

Reactions: hh1

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Higher BSLs on this side of the world.
Maybe the unruly weather is to blame. Strong northerly winds, horizontal rains, abnormally low temperatures for November in Adelaide. No easy way to walk far and watching past episodes of 'Spooks" does get the adrenaline flowing.
Ah well, I shall go back to hiding under the covers , reading books and cartoons!!
And just wondering if this is the home of an ancestor of one of Mel's cats.
IMG_2573.jpg

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The advice might be to stop using opaque nail varnish !! I wonder what happens to an insulin pump when some one wearing one is zapped with a defibrillator!! ?Fried pump on toast??:bag::bag:
I asked about that. Anything electrical on the chest gets ripped off. Pumps elsewhere aren’t an issue (probably) as the zap takes the shortest route between the two electrodes. But if you’re needing zapping, I imagine your insulin pump is the least of your worries.

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Talking of bruises, I got around to removing the nail varnish on my toes last night. I noticed that my right big toenail is purple underneath the polish - it doesn’t hurt (I do have feeling in that toe), there’s no spread of the bruise onto the toe itself, it’s literally just under the nail. Anyone come across this before?

I've had similar from running with my toenail a little long - the nail tapping on the end of the shoe caused a bruise which stayed there for a long time.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Higher BSLs on this side of the world.
Maybe the unruly weather is to blame. Strong northerly winds, horizontal rains, abnormally low temperatures for November in Adelaide. No easy way to walk far and watching past episodes of 'Spooks" does get the adrenaline flowing.
Ah well, I shall go back to hiding under the covers , reading books and cartoons!!
And just wondering if this is the home of an ancestor of one of Mel's cats.
View attachment 29667
Brain flashes (from one of a few remaining neurons? My changeover to a new cartridge ran over by about 36 hours? Maybe the insulin in the tubing is less effective after the usual 72 hours??

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all, a waking 4.7 for me so I did a Fred Flintstone impression on the stairs "Yabba dabba doo" much to the amusement of my youngest, we went out for a carvery last night after swimming and I'd hovered up to 10mmols (and I hoovered up a fair plate full of gammon :p) so skipped supper (I don't like this bit :p) had 1.5u and slept right through, so I'll take that :)

@karen8967 I'm smiling at your "a bit Baltic" comment as I've heard it said recently a few times and it certainly looked that way outside when I saw my little un off to school, forecast suggests I can work later but the roof tiles across the road suggest I can't.

Have a good day y'all :)

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Mel dCP A purple nail shouldn't be much to worry about, I lost a toenail last year after doing a charity walk, grew back fine, I think if your control is good as it is then there shouldn't be an issue, the polish could of stained the nail ?

Reactions: kev-w and kitedoc

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
A 4.3 upon waking this morning so ate a ready mix breakfast bowl thingy and now pushing 11 so out to run that off, bit chilly this morning, Jack Frost has been..

K

Knikki

Morning all

Bit of an up and down evening but on the whole OK, Etch A Sketch said was dead all night, which was a bit of a surprise however waking with a 3.3 ~sigh~ now sat here contemplating taking over the world with a steady 5.4 while listening to Bowie

@karen8967 Think I got as low as 2.5 yesterday, it was one of those hypos where I stare into space or look at my insulin pen trying to work out if I had injected or not meanwhile time moves in its own pace where only quantum mechanics work. Still solved with a Timeout biscuit, works for me.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all

Bit of an up and down evening but on the whole OK, Etch A Sketch said was dead all night, which was a bit of a surprise however waking with a 3.3 ~sigh~ now sat here contemplating taking over the world with a steady 5.4 while listening to Bowie

@karen8967 Think I got as low as 2.5 yesterday, it was one of those hypos where I stare into space or look at my insulin pen trying to work out if I had injected or not meanwhile time moves in its own pace where only quantum mechanics work. Still solved with a Timeout biscuit, works for me.
Anything i can stuff in my moith knikki when im that low

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all.
Very strange morning for me today. Woke up, didn't have a clue where I was, put my work jeans on backwards and was getting annoyed that there was no zip. Woke the other half up with the commotion, she said test your blood....looked at my watch LO!!! Ooops..BG test confirmed Lo as well///.Few jelly babies and my breakfast with limited bolus and Bobs your uncle all fine and dandy. Sat on a 10.4 now grrrrr, going to be a roller coaster day today

Reactions: Cumberland

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP the toe could be due to lots of walking - wonder if it was caused by the march and you haven't been able to see it till now? When I played tennis regularly (back in the Dark Ages) 'black toe' was something some players got caused by your big toe banging against the end of your shoe, and I found out last week that it's not uncommon in runners.

Reactions: Cumberland

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 @karen8967 knew exactly what she was saying..................

porl69 hope you've managed to dress yourself properly now & 'enjoy' the roller coaster ride........:sorry:

8.8 last night, 10.0 this morning :arghh:, followed by another low mid morning, twice on the trot now - work days I do normally dip mid morning but I do like to have an excuse for a snack so I'm ok with this but last to days the drop has been quite sudden and much lower than normal, if it happens again tomorrow I'll be making changes.