What are you doing now and humorous banter.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jay hay-char .....good to see you back.....enjoy your afternoon walk...hope weather is good and shining where you are...:)
Thanks, Molly. We went out to the Derwent Valley and walked along the Ladybower Reservoir for a couple of miles. It's where the Dambusters practiced with their bouncing bombs before the raids were carried out but there were no Lancaster bombers to be seen yesterday . Now back home, having driven back from Sheffers via Hardwick Hall (Clive may have been there on business at some time or another).

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, Molly. We went out to the Derwent Valley and walked along the Ladybower Reservoir for a couple of miles. It's where the Dambusters practiced with their bouncing bombs before the raids were carried out but there were no Lancaster bombers to be seen yesterday . Now back home, having driven back from Sheffers via Hardwick Hall (Clive may have been there on business at some time or another).

ooh Hardwick Hall - been there. Did you meet old Bess of Hardwick?

Reactions: jay hay-char

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And still the idiots are shooting off fireworks. Poor dog wanted to go to the loo and one exploded behind us. He ran so fast back to the house. How on earth he was a racing greyhound I dont know as he's scared of his own shadow

Tomorrow - rain, lovely and I wanted to go out. Will have to see how it goes and if not I will be doing housework - hubby said the windows need cleaning :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And still the idiots are shooting off fireworks. Poor dog wanted to go to the loo and one exploded behind us. He ran so fast back to the house. How on earth he was a racing greyhound I dont know as he's scared of his own shadow

Your new hound may still be getting used to the new environment? Fitting in with the adopted "pack."

My dog is good with local fireworks. (We don't do em.)
However, footballs or basket balls making that low end thud as they bounce can spook him? Noticed this whilst walking near a playing field & court..
He was mistreated as a pup by the previous owners, so feel he may have had them kicked at him. (The boyfriend of the couple was particularly nasty, by all acounts..)
Fireworks can send out quite a pressure wave to a dog's accute hearing when they go off..

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Eating apple pie .....after a pork lion chop and jacket potato..... @Cumberland ...what are you having for dinner....

Reactions: Cumberland

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Prepping for the missus’ early train to London tomorrow and both of us listening / sometimes working out to Carl Cox and Sasha and Digweed so we must be feeling sentimental....

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Beautiful sunshine here.

Only plans today are to take Freddie for his hike and then I have the choice of sorting out the clothes in the bedroom or wrapping Christmas presents. I'm not sure yet which one will 'win'.

Did anyone see the Peter Jackson footage from WWI. If you havent seen it then its well worth a look.

Might be back later, or then I might be swamped in either clothes to go to the charity shop or piles of presents I've bought and forgotten who they are for

Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beautiful sunny day here. I'm sat in jeans and a vest top. I do have a hoodie to put on but was going to do that when I went out.

Where am I going? Well I must be mad but I'm attempting to get on the bus and go to the out of town huge retail park. Oh and the bus back will be interesting no doubt. I have some boots to return and a few items to pick up. I'm supposed to be sorting the Christmas presents out but hubby in bed and I cant make too much noise. (The clothes won the other day and they are off to the charity shop)

Tonight chicken curry - homemade and watching Solo (at long last)

I hope everyone is OK as the boards are very quiet

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cloudy and cold here in the Midlands.

Off to take the dog back to Greyhound Trust to have a run around their enclosed paddock, hopefully with other greyhounds.

And into town to get some much needed rubbish - seriously though Christmas cards and a gift for my uncle.

Tonight hubby out with some friends so I'm home alone with a bottle and some peanuts ha ha. When the bottle is empty I could try firing peanuts into the neck to see how successful I am. Wager anyone?

Enjoy your day

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Morning folks just had a conversation over breakfast that made me chuckle.

I'm away on a training course and while getting breakfast. 2 sausages and 2 slices of badly cooked bacon and scrambled eggs that were so tasteless I didn't eat them, with a black coffee.

A voice next to me said "hangover cure, all that fat? The voice was an attractive woman with a bowl of cereal, toast and fruit juice.

" Nah, don't eat carbs". Trying to avoid going full diabetic.

"Well eating like.that won't help", "actually, of the 2 breakfasts you have the sugar bomb, apart from what's in the cheap sausages", I replied.

That shocked her and she was climbing onto her high horse to reply when I asked her to have a look at this Web site and see why I eat what I eat.

To her credit she said she will have a look. Probably more due to me dropping the amount of weight I have lost.

Would be good company tonight for dinner if she is here.

Dirty people. Happily married thank you, none of that. But may have converted a non believer.