I blame McDonald’s

Elaine p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
i ‘treated’ myself to a caramel Frappuccino today and i’m So mad with myself as my blood sugars have gone up to 13.2. Haven’t been this high for months!

D

Deleted member 308541

I blame McDonald’s

Why?

Did they force you to buy the caramel frappuccino?

It sounds abit like the old proverb with some minor details changed.

Buy caramel frapp in haste, repent with a guilt complex at leisure.

Reactions: Dodo

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a weakness for their French f, small 71 gr 29 carb I share one with my wife.on occasion my BG goes to. 7,3
Brisk walk for 30 min will bring it down to 6:

https://fastfoodnutrition.org/mcdonalds/french-fries/small

https://fastfoodnutrition.org/mcdonalds/caramel-cappuccino/small

very helpful little site..cheers Pura.

we'll all be tempted and make bad choices some times, Elaine

as for the 'Lapse', ...my advise, as others have said.....**** happens.

Learn from it, as you have...and move on...( preferably while jogging maybe..LoL :D )

Reactions: Elaine p and Prem51

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i ‘treated’ myself to a caramel Frappuccino today and i’m So mad with myself as my blood sugars have gone up to 13.2. Haven’t been this high for months!

I have felt guilty for the Breyer's Carb-Smart chocolate ice cream bars I've indulged in this weekend so we are in the same boat. And yep, it's rocking a bit.

Unfortunately there is a McDonald's across the road from the shopping center next door to me.

Fortunately it's been under renovation the past couple of months.

Unfortunately it's open again. But it's been too cold, or too wet, to walk over there.

I love your "full dress" kitty, BTW. White tie and tail!

Elaine p

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have felt guilty for the Breyer's Carb-Smart chocolate ice cream bars I've indulged in this weekend so we are in the same boat. And yep, it's rocking a bit.

Unfortunately there is a McDonald's across the road from the shopping center next door to me.

Fortunately it's been under renovation the past couple of months.

Unfortunately it's open again. But it's been too cold, or too wet, to walk over there.

I love your "full dress" kitty, BTW. White tie and tail!
I know what you mean, sometimes the temptation is just too much. Thank you, my adorable kitty is my best friend, her name is CoCo .

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
My weakness is mince pies my diebetic nurse said have one and enjoy it and get back on track
Two problems for me in that piece of advice. 1/ knowing what it would do to my BG would kill the enjoyment and 2/ the getting back on track. I suppose I'm an all or nothing person. In this case 'nothing' is the key word.

Mind you, I would if I thought I could.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Aw, Elaine, you're only human! May I ask your thought processes when you ordered it?, did you sort of think well it won't raise my sugars or did you think *** it? I don't know your history but I guess sometimes people think 'my glucose levels are all within range' and then bam, a rude awakening!!!!!! x

Reactions: Elaine p

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Aw, Elaine, you're only human! May I ask your thought processes when you ordered it?, did you sort of think well it won't raise my sugars or did you think *** it? I don't know your history but I guess sometimes people think 'my glucose levels are all within range' and then bam, a rude awakening!!!!!! x

Quite often it will probably be *** it well where I'm concerned anyway best thing is to stay well clear of such places.

Reactions: Elaine p

MrsGruffy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all make mistakes, and give in to weak moments. The trick is to make sue they're a rare event. Enjoy your treat, and then jump back onto the straight and narrow. Take responsibility and own your choices. It is ok to choose to play up once in a while. My achilles heal of late has been biscuits. I usually avoid them very successfully, but if I'm stressed, I look for comfort food. Unfortunately, I haven't found the secret to making a block of butter a comfort food just yet :D