What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Geoffno6

5.9 very late posting

My little bit of chat is to share my good news. My surgery have run my story in their latest newsletter. It's a 2 pager with lots of photos and stats. Really well put together. My stats showing my t2d in remission and my @ 4 stone weight loss. This will be handed out across my 2 very large surgeries. Not only that but the practice manager who is being ultra supportive to our cause is going to send this together with our inspirational stories booklet, blood glucose monitoring leaflet, 100 stone lost and kicked diabetes butt, Dr unwin papers, 1936 LCHF diabetes guidelines to every local surgery by email on.my behalf (across Blackpool fylde and wyre). I'm touting for business for the local diabetic group as well as trying to spread the word. Feeling happy.

Well done you

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.3 this morning.

was up betimes and off out to collect mum and take her to the dentist for her appt. at 09.00 then off to the bank (which is now a 55 mile round trip :() so we had a nice lunch out and now we're home again and just getting the woodburner going :), it's never got much above freezing here today.

Hope your day is going well :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1542808887878.jpg

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

@Cumberland -- Not good -- low blood sugars two days in a row. Hope you are doing better now.
@rhubarb73 -- Congrats on the weight loss and the wonderful tweet. Really well done.
@alf_Josiah -- Great to see you back. We've been missing you.
@Emma_369 -- Hope you can dodge the cold. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Blood sugars were a measly 5.6 this morning for me, quite a bit higher than usual. Only had espresso with cream this morning and have fasted until 3 p.m. Levels are down to around 5.0 now -- happy with this.

M

Member496333

5.9 very late posting

My little bit of chat is to share my good news. My surgery have run my story in their latest newsletter. It's a 2 pager with lots of photos and stats. Really well put together. My stats showing my t2d in remission and my @ 4 stone weight loss. This will be handed out across my 2 very large surgeries. Not only that but the practice manager who is being ultra supportive to our cause is going to send this together with our inspirational stories booklet, blood glucose monitoring leaflet, 100 stone lost and kicked diabetes butt, Dr unwin papers, 1936 LCHF diabetes guidelines to every local surgery by email on.my behalf (across Blackpool fylde and wyre). I'm touting for business for the local diabetic group as well as trying to spread the word. Feeling happy.

Amazing! Firstly on your achievement and secondly because it appears that ever so slowly the word is getting out.

Keep up the good work everyone and let’s turn that ship around! :D

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hello all.

@Cumberland -- Not good -- low blood sugars two days in a row. Hope you are doing better now.
@rhubarb73 -- Congrats on the weight loss and the wonderful tweet. Really well done.
@alf_Josiah -- Great to see you back. We've been missing you.
@Emma_369 -- Hope you can dodge the cold. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Blood sugars were a measly 5.6 this morning for me, quite a bit higher than usual. Only had espresso with cream this morning and have fasted until 3 p.m. Levels are down to around 5.0 now -- happy with this.

Many thanks, it's only swift foot work that keeps people missing me. Shame Mrs J knows all my moves!

GARRY BUDDEEN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you taking any medication? That seems to me like your sailing a little too close to the edge!
Hello Jim. I take 2 Gliclazide twice a day plus one Sitagliptin daily. My blood sugars were quite high before I started the low carb diet (max about 125g carbs per day) about 3-4 weeks ago. If necessary, I could contemplate reducing my medication.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing! Firstly on your achievement and secondly because it appears that ever so slowly the word is getting out.

Keep up the good work everyone and let’s turn that ship around! :D

Wouldn't that just be amazing. Look what people power has done to the fuel tax in Paris. U turn by Macron!

M

Member496333

Hello Jim. I take 2 Gliclazide twice a day plus one Sitagliptin daily. My blood sugars were quite high before I started the low carb diet (max about 125g carbs per day) about 3-4 weeks ago. If necessary, I could contemplate reducing my medication.

I hope you don’t mind me saying that you should speak immediately with your doctor about reducing your medications! I’m no expert but it seems to me like you’re in danger if going hypo. If you’re waking up in the 3 range, you could be going very low during the night.

GARRY BUDDEEN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cumberland, sounds like a good plan! And we know it won't be on the Sugarland Express. :D

@GARRY BUDDEEN wow, 125 would be really high carbs for me. I try to stay around less than half of that.
In effect I'm probably having a lot less than 125g in a day. That is simply the recommended maximum amount per day. Most of my carbs are at breakfast when I have 30g of porridge with whole milk plus a tablespoon of almond butter, 100g of frozen berries and flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. I totally avoid bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and flour etc. and only drink mineral water. I find Barenaked Noodles and Rice very helpful for filling out meat and vegetable meals.

GARRY BUDDEEN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you don’t mind me saying that you should speak immediately with your doctor about reducing your medications! I’m no expert but it seems to me like you’re in danger if going hypo. If you’re waking up in the 3 range, you could be going very low during the night.
I'll monitor the situation closely Jim. Just took a reading 2 hours after dinner and I was 6.1 so quite pleased with that.