Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
With reference to the car.....is the battery light on the dash illuminated? If so then it is probably the alternator OR it could be the auxiliary belt? Garage can test the alternator to make sure it is charging.....what car is it?
Hi @porl69 nope, no light on the dash board at all on my Skoda Felicia

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sounds like the alternator to me. It's years since we needed one (called AA out, on way from Glasgow to Essex) and seem to remember it was an expensive job. Sorry, it's the wrong time of year for that! Hope it ends up being something "better" than that.
Could be but we had a new one of those last year.... or was it the year before?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @porl69 nope, no light on the dash board at all on my Skoda Felicia

Does this mean we can start posting Skoda jokes now? :sorry:

Now a new battery shouldn't die after 2-3days even if it's not getting a charge from the alternator.....I'm no mechanic but that doesn't sound good - perhaps theres a short somewhere but tracking it down is like the proverbial.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB hope you've managed to get the car started!

Was persisting down here, fortunately it stopped just before I got on the bike.

3.4 this morning, think I'll drop my evening basal on sunday a bit. Other than that all been tickity boo still :nailbiting:
Thanks @slip Ye!!p, fast charge for 2 hrs then over revved it all the way along the dual carriage way to the garage. I was worried it was going to conk out. Waiting for the verdict now. It might be time to buy a new one!! Santa might feel very generous.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Now a new battery shouldn't die after 2-3days even if it's not getting a charge from the alternator.....I'm no mechanic but that doesn't sound good - perhaps theres a short somewhere but tracking it down is like the proverbial.
Feel free with the jokes, could do with something jolly
I'll start
Q: What is the difference between a Skoda and a shopping trolley?
A: A shopping trolley is much easier to push.

That's so so true:hilarious:

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
back in the good old days............or really bad old jokes..........

Why do Skodas have the engine in the back? Hand warmer for when it needs pushing.

What do you call a convertible Skoda? A skip

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Not unless you want mine to blow some thick black smoke at you in protest :playful:

Was recently in Škoda land (Czech Republic) and there were quite a few of the old numbered models around on the streets - I think these are the ones which were the butts of many jokes. They reminded me of Ladas.

Reactions: Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Could be but we had a new one of those last year.... or was it the year before?
We give a 24 month warranty on certain brands of alternators! You do get the occasional "duff" battery now and again also. Keep us updated

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Do you know the roofer? Try another one (or 2) preferably recommended by friends/neighbours, just in case.
Well if the guy who is up there goes a decent job on the emergency repair today, he’ll get the gig. We didn’t have time to shop around this morning, we needed a massive hole making weathertight before the expected storms hit tonight. So far he is being very thorough.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @Mel dCP that's rather 'annoying' (to be polite).

Whats wrong with some of us at the mo, cars, houses or rather roofs........who's up next and with what?

Welcome to the T1'stars R us unlucky Lotto draw, tonights draw is a mega roll over, prizes range from flooded houses, broken cars...............fallen trees, power failures and the big prize of a hospital visit with DKA..............................! :rolleyes:

Reactions: becca59

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh @Mel dCP that's rather 'annoying' (to be polite).

Whats wrong with some of us at the mo, cars, houses or rather roofs........who's up next and with what?

Welcome to the T1'stars R us unlucky Lotto draw, tonights draw is a mega roll over, prizes range from flooded houses, broken cars...............fallen trees, power failures and the big prize of a hospital visit with DKA..............................! :rolleyes:
@slip, do not tempt the gods! Hopefully it won't be my roof as I had a new one this year. No-one would insulate the loft because the configuration means it's not possible to access all of it from inside (it's a really old cottage). I'm told that if it's not completely done it leads to cold spots and condensation. So off came the roof (which needed a bit of attention), the rafters were stuffed solid with insulation and I feel the benefit already.

K

Knikki

Afternoon

ARRHHH sat at home working :)

Well sat at home surrounded by stacks of distractions so might start building a kit in a while :angelic:

On a side not more bloods taken as got a follow up Libre meeting the week after, hopefully with Hb1Ac down near 40 or less which will no doubt cause a fight, so watch this space.

And my 5 day old sensor has finally given up after doing the double arrow up and down and all around telling me I was 15.5 when really bloods were 3.6 and a "error scan again in 10minutes" :rolleyes: anyway another on its on its way.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon

ARRHHH sat at home working :)

Well sat at home surrounded by stacks of distractions so might start building a kit in a while :angelic:

On a side not more bloods taken as got a follow up Libre meeting the week after, hopefully with Hb1Ac down near 40 or less which will no doubt cause a fight, so watch this space.

And my 5 day old sensor has finally given up after doing the double arrow up and down and all around telling me I was 15.5 when really bloods were 3.6 and a "error scan again in 10minutes" :rolleyes: anyway another on its on its way.
Good to hear they're sending another with no probs. For all the faults of Libre, I've found them really good at replacing them if the sensor's been dodgy or if it's fallen off, . Had one 10 days ago that just fell off overnight, including the Tegaderm that should have helped keep it on. Admittedly that was getting frilly round the edges and I planned to put another one on top the next day, but never got that far. Keeping them stuck on is my biggest problem.

Reactions: Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I first joined this forum I had injured the big toe on my right foot, and got an infection. Today I went and bought some ankle boots, which is my first return to serious footwear, now that the nail has grown back. I was just wearing soft top ones, until now. I do like ankle boots,and they do look rather nice, if I say so myself.

So that's something unbroken.

But having to replace a roof is bad news, and cars misbehaving, too. But not everything is broken.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well, we’re weathertight for now. Damian the Demon Roofer has basically replaced about a quarter of our little bit of pitched roof (we have some flat, which was done a while ago) and done a bang-up job. Really pleased. Looks good from inside the attic too. A lot of the problems are for the neighbour’s half of the tiled roof - their cracked tiles are letting water in, which is running down the felt and into our loft space. We’ve contacted the owner - it’s a rental, for sale and currently empty.

My car is still running rough as a bag of nails, and I’ve still got very little voice - howling along at two Alarm gigs plus a day’s supply teaching has killed it! BG a little on the low side, may have to reduce my basal even more. Already down from ~28u a day to ~22u... with little to no bolus needed for my meals.

@Knikki - do you use Skin Tac wipes when you plant a new Libre? I found the curve of my arms made it more likely to come off, but the upper chest is working extremely well. Not needed any rock tape over top, even in the mosh pit!

Reactions: smc4761 and hh1

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
back in the good old days............or really bad old jokes..........

Why do Skodas have the engine in the back? Hand warmer for when it needs pushing.

What do you call a convertible Skoda? A skip
Not unless you want mine to blow some thick black smoke at you in protest :playful:

Was recently in Škoda land (Czech Republic) and there were quite a few of the old numbered models around on the streets - I think these are the ones which were the butts of many jokes. They reminded me of Ladas.
Ah, the delights of a Lada or even better a Trabant