1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Nice! I did a ramen bowl with a miso soup mix, konjac nooooooodles, some spinach, lime pickle and hard boiled eggs.

Love Moonraker!

• Like Like x 3
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Goodnight sleep well everyone

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. karen8967

Wecome drahawkins

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

That’s awful good grief

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Bed for me
    Goodnight friends

• Like Like x 2
  6. karen8967

Night cumbs

• Like Like x 1
  7. drahawkins_1973

drahawkins_1973 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks Karen8967

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hey, folks, it's that time of year, I've just been out caning it on our office departmental xmas lunch, about 20 of us, started about 3pm, ended, erm, sometime recently, after two bottles of red, and have now ended up in my local for a pint or two.

My cgm graph for it is below, I'm quite chuffed with it, there was a bit of deeply misleading cgm stuff going on around 14:45 as you can see from the calibration dot, but it sort of got slotted in line after a quick orange juice to fix that, ended up doing a ham terrine on bread, full turkey dinner with some Carbs & Cals assisted guess work on the roast spuds, and a wide variety of under and overground vegetables, I rarely measure those cos it's not that relevant to T1, and cheese on oatcakes, ate the grapes as well cos the cgm was suggesting a nudge up at that point.

Was bolus stacking all the way to keep in line, there was also 2 bottles of red wine in there (per person, and that includes me), and I walked out on a decent 6.3 without needing bluelighted at any stage (although it remains to be seen where the next few pints will leave me, lol..)

All in all, a good evening, without any real worries about major hypos/hypers, just a few minor thoughts about tweaks/nudges.

Yikes, phone charge for my cgm is running out soon, so saying cheerio!

Screenshot_2018-12-07-18-51-09.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ha I did that about 6 weeks ago started from the beginning but I am now as far as Goldeneye. Its amazing the difference in the quality of the films through the years. Whilst most folks seem to love Sean Connery as Bond, I thought he was OK and looking back some of the films and the stunts/fights seem a bit amateurish. The later Roger Moore ones were generally poor as well, he was simply going through the motions by his last film.

I did like Timothy Dalton and enjoyed Goldeneye the first Pierce Brosnan one. I have never seen the other 3 Pierce Brosnan ones, but I believe that they are not the best. I do like Daniel Craig as an actor, so really looking forward to watching him as Bond

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It’s progressively noisier, tries to be serious about a book, sometimes is, and then descends into cheerful jokes, exchange of life events, sympathy and laughter. A bit like this forum. Some protest actions are planned or reported on, some recipes exchanged, nostalgia indulged in (we’re all ‘of a certain age’) and we go home again feeling our lives are better for it. Noise levels require partners in other rooms to grab a bottle and the headphones.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh, and tonight the apple and calvados crepes were a wonder! Too good to fling anywhere, but the book was a bit too much like rubbing your nose in the ******* mess humans make of life for me so I’d only read a bit of it.

Edited by Mod

• Like Like x 6
    #8811 Fairygodmother, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:03 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018
  12. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@kev-w it's a Skoda it doesn't have an engine management computer :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

This morning's 7.4 could've been much worse after having to have hypo treatments before bed last night. It's taken a while to fine-tune the training of myself out of over-reacting and eating the entire contents of the fridge on seeing a 3.5 at bedtime.

I've also had the last large banana for breakfast and taking myself off for a Long Walk day. Well, until it rains. In which case, I'll come home and do the furniture moving and housework upstairs instead if I still need to work off that banana! Last night was downstairs rooms. There's kind of a routine for this - about once a month is move all the furniture where the dust can get underneath and hoover that dust up! Generally, when I note I'm sneezing a lot, but I've not got a cold... Other times it's hoover where I can see and hope for the best!

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 2
    #8813 Japes, Dec 8, 2018 at 7:10 AM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  14. Knikki

Knikki · Guest

Morning and :banghead:

Yesterday woke at a 2.6 with a bit of a battle most of the day low carb tea like 35 grams yet woke up this morning at 14.8 :arghh:.

As for the weather, well there is a lot of it outside in fact Dorathy and Toto have just gone past the window
    , but I'm going to have to wobble my fat [email protected]@ down to the gym, which will be the first time in a couple of months.

Bond fact for you, did you know that Dr No was the only time that Bond was close to the book? There is scene where he waits in the dark for a Doctor to come home, when he does he disarm him and then questions him, at one point the doctor made for the gun and Bond shot him. The chap was wounded and lying face down, Bond then casually shot him in the back. First and last time Bond did that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning perforated weekender's.
    Before bed, 4.2, so I ate 2 nice size grapes......... not a happy bunny this morning, it is 14.0, for flip sake :wideyed::mad: well I am blaming it on the food I ate :rolleyes: I made homemade Chow Mein, a yogurt and my daughter gave me 2 small squares of a white chocolate bar from Aldi's that her boyfriends mother bought her.
    Going to make a cup of tea now :)

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, getting light here, at last. Not to much to say blood sugar wise. I'm finding I have to do a correction about 9 pm at the moment, no idea why, it worked better last night, than it did the night before.

Because I don't sleep very well this time of year, not enough daylight, I think, and my sleep patterns go haywire, I'm going out for a long walk this morning. I went round the crags the other day, which was nice, as I haven't done that in a long time, not high up, there's just a nice path round the back the slopes gradually upwards. I might do that again today, not sure yet.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dancer

dancer Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was 7.3 before breakfast . . . Thank goodness for my 130% temporary basal! The virus is still there but thankfully hasn't got any worse.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. drahawkins_1973

drahawkins_1973 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

6.3 for me this morning. Having some toast then going to try and drag myself out for a run (I’m trying to be fitter and healthier before the Christmas splurge!)
    No excuses as it’s beautiful sunshine out there!

• Like Like x 4
  19. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Couldn't sleep last night, don't know why, just seems to happen sometimes. Got up and had a cup of tea and bg for some reason heading for the sky, 14 something. Corrected, back to bed, overslept and now a sluggish start to Saturday. Need to get my a**e in gear, not going to the gym like @Knikki but I have a dog who needs a walk.

• Like Like x 4
  20. karen8967

Good morning everyone lm off for a chinese and a few festive tipples today wind is blowing a gale but as long as rain stays off it will be happy days have a great day everyone

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook