Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just made some Ban Xeo for the first time. I was going to take a photo but they didn’t last long enough.
Had guesstimate carbs as the packet of rice flour had two words I recognised: ‘rice” and “flour”.

Back to James Bond. We’re slowly making our way through the old movies in chronological order on rainy weekends. Tonight we’re watching Moonracker.
Nice! I did a ramen bowl with a miso soup mix, konjac nooooooodles, some spinach, lime pickle and hard boiled eggs.

Love Moonraker!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love to follow this thread and haven’t joined and commented much before but I wanted to ask about the novapen echo......mine has started to to just give 2 lines now when I press after application to double check doses and times (my spare one too!). Is this fixable does anyone know???
Thanks
Wecome drahawkins

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey, folks, it's that time of year, I've just been out caning it on our office departmental xmas lunch, about 20 of us, started about 3pm, ended, erm, sometime recently, after two bottles of red, and have now ended up in my local for a pint or two.

My cgm graph for it is below, I'm quite chuffed with it, there was a bit of deeply misleading cgm stuff going on around 14:45 as you can see from the calibration dot, but it sort of got slotted in line after a quick orange juice to fix that, ended up doing a ham terrine on bread, full turkey dinner with some Carbs & Cals assisted guess work on the roast spuds, and a wide variety of under and overground vegetables, I rarely measure those cos it's not that relevant to T1, and cheese on oatcakes, ate the grapes as well cos the cgm was suggesting a nudge up at that point.

Was bolus stacking all the way to keep in line, there was also 2 bottles of red wine in there (per person, and that includes me), and I walked out on a decent 6.3 without needing bluelighted at any stage (although it remains to be seen where the next few pints will leave me, lol..)

All in all, a good evening, without any real worries about major hypos/hypers, just a few minor thoughts about tweaks/nudges.

Yikes, phone charge for my cgm is running out soon, so saying cheerio!

Screenshot_2018-12-07-18-51-09.png

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just made some Ban Xeo for the first time. I was going to take a photo but they didn’t last long enough.
Had guesstimate carbs as the packet of rice flour had two words I recognised: ‘rice” and “flour”.

Back to James Bond. We’re slowly making our way through the old movies in chronological order on rainy weekends. Tonight we’re watching Moonracker.

Ha I did that about 6 weeks ago started from the beginning but I am now as far as Goldeneye. Its amazing the difference in the quality of the films through the years. Whilst most folks seem to love Sean Connery as Bond, I thought he was OK and looking back some of the films and the stunts/fights seem a bit amateurish. The later Roger Moore ones were generally poor as well, he was simply going through the motions by his last film.

I did like Timothy Dalton and enjoyed Goldeneye the first Pierce Brosnan one. I have never seen the other 3 Pierce Brosnan ones, but I believe that they are not the best. I do like Daniel Craig as an actor, so really looking forward to watching him as Bond

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The mind boggles.
Were you exchanging Oscar Wilde insults or were paperbacks flying through the air or was it a surreptitious tea spill on a rather dull book?

It’s progressively noisier, tries to be serious about a book, sometimes is, and then descends into cheerful jokes, exchange of life events, sympathy and laughter. A bit like this forum. Some protest actions are planned or reported on, some recipes exchanged, nostalgia indulged in (we’re all ‘of a certain age’) and we go home again feeling our lives are better for it. Noise levels require partners in other rooms to grab a bottle and the headphones.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Oh, and tonight the apple and calvados crepes were a wonder! Too good to fling anywhere, but the book was a bit too much like rubbing your nose in the ******* mess humans make of life for me so I’d only read a bit of it.

Edited by Mod

Last edited by a moderator:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
On modern cars when the battery has gone flat/been changed it takes a short while before the engine management computer resets once reconnected and can cause rough running, funnily enough mine was doing similar yesterday when I put a new battery on ;)
I'm hoping an alternator lands tomorrow, good luck with it :)

It's cold out there....
@kev-w it's a Skoda it doesn't have an engine management computer :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This morning's 7.4 could've been much worse after having to have hypo treatments before bed last night. It's taken a while to fine-tune the training of myself out of over-reacting and eating the entire contents of the fridge on seeing a 3.5 at bedtime.

I've also had the last large banana for breakfast and taking myself off for a Long Walk day. Well, until it rains. In which case, I'll come home and do the furniture moving and housework upstairs instead if I still need to work off that banana! Last night was downstairs rooms. There's kind of a routine for this - about once a month is move all the furniture where the dust can get underneath and hoover that dust up! Generally, when I note I'm sneezing a lot, but I've not got a cold... Other times it's hoover where I can see and hope for the best!

Last edited:
K

Knikki

Morning and :banghead:

Yesterday woke at a 2.6 with a bit of a battle most of the day low carb tea like 35 grams yet woke up this morning at 14.8 :arghh:.

As for the weather, well there is a lot of it outside in fact Dorathy and Toto have just gone past the window
, but I'm going to have to wobble my fat a@@ down to the gym, which will be the first time in a couple of months.

Bond fact for you, did you know that Dr No was the only time that Bond was close to the book? There is scene where he waits in the dark for a Doctor to come home, when he does he disarm him and then questions him, at one point the doctor made for the gun and Bond shot him. The chap was wounded and lying face down, Bond then casually shot him in the back. First and last time Bond did that.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning perforated weekender's.
Before bed, 4.2, so I ate 2 nice size grapes......... not a happy bunny this morning, it is 14.0, for flip sake :wideyed::mad: well I am blaming it on the food I ate :rolleyes: I made homemade Chow Mein, a yogurt and my daughter gave me 2 small squares of a white chocolate bar from Aldi's that her boyfriends mother bought her.
Going to make a cup of tea now :)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, getting light here, at last. Not to much to say blood sugar wise. I'm finding I have to do a correction about 9 pm at the moment, no idea why, it worked better last night, than it did the night before.

Because I don't sleep very well this time of year, not enough daylight, I think, and my sleep patterns go haywire, I'm going out for a long walk this morning. I went round the crags the other day, which was nice, as I haven't done that in a long time, not high up, there's just a nice path round the back the slopes gradually upwards. I might do that again today, not sure yet.

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was 7.3 before breakfast . . . Thank goodness for my 130% temporary basal! The virus is still there but thankfully hasn't got any worse.

Reactions: Cumberland