FB_IMG_1544196715348.jpg

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
We give a 24 month warranty on certain brands of alternators! You do get the occasional "duff" battery now and again also. Keep us updated
Great guy in our garage says he thinks I might have left the boot open. Duh!! I know I'm small but I do like slamming the boot shut
He's going to keep it over the weekend and see if it starts OK on Mon, reckoned the battery and the alternator were fine.

K

Knikki

@Mel dCP This sensor just failed and gave up the ghost, I have only had one come off completely, the one day I didn't want it too, but otherwise they have stuck where I have put them.

Its getting the **** things off with out removing several layers of skin and with out leaving too much of a red mark which looks like I pick up something contagious from Titan ;)

As for Skoda's many years ago used to work as a car salesman (I was completely and utterly rubbish) in mid 80's and used a Skoda Estelle, won the RAC Rally 10 years on the trot, to jump start a Rolls Royce. :smug:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @slip Ye!!p, fast charge for 2 hrs then over revved it all the way along the dual carriage way to the garage. I was worried it was going to conk out. Waiting for the verdict now. It might be time to buy a new one!! Santa might feel very generous.
On modern cars when the battery has gone flat/been changed it takes a short while before the engine management computer resets once reconnected and can cause rough running, funnily enough mine was doing similar yesterday when I put a new battery on ;)
I'm hoping an alternator lands tomorrow, good luck with it :)

It's cold out there....

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No dissing Ladas please. My first 3 cars were Lada, the first one I bought in 1985 for £100 and it did me 6 months when I sold it for £50. 2nd one I bought in 1986 for £200 and this did me for 2 years with no issues at all. Sold it for £100. The 3rd one I bought new in 1988 and had it for 4 years with no issues at all.

Obviously not the most stylish of cars, but it got me from A to B, started first time every time and very simple maintenance. A great start to my motoring experience

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gosh, just sat down to catch up on social media after a manic day and there were 3 pages on Type 1’stars R Us. And goodness what a lot has been going on. Why is it roofs and cars cause extra expense around Christmas.
@Knikki I too appear to have a rogue sensor. It basically has me comatose. Will give it til Monday when Abbot reopen. It better sort itself out or it’s for the chop. Incidentally mine also brings my skin off on removal.
Decided to pop into chemists for Libre spares and a prescription I had put in yesterday was ready. So says the chap, we are just waiting for your glucagon. Eh?? Didn’t order any. Not only that there was double bins and boxes of testing strips but no needles which I did order . It appears to be the GPs error.
A heads up to all new Fiasp users, he did ask me if I may need Fiasp in the next couple of weeks, which I shall. Because to order it is complicated and long winded apparently. So order for that has gone in.
Have a lovely weekend all.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Commiserations to all with problem cars and leaking roofs, and neighbour’s roofs, maybe you can get your insurance company to bill the neighbours for any further damage Mel.
Knackety knee’s had a bad day too, and when I rang the appointment system for referral, as instructed if I hadn’t heard from them today, I was told that there weren’t any appointments available and they were wondering where to refer me too. The GP wasn’t available either, up to the ears in other patients, but will ring on Wednesday. I’ll be asking to have it expedited. Last Wednesday’s attempted bus and walk to the dentist has left me more or less immobilised ever since. It takes two or three days to recover a bit every time I do something like that.
There, sorry-for-self moan over. Thank goodness for lively friends who come and pick me up for trips to Bohemian Rhapsody, lunch, riotous book group, and being able to drive to a parking place right outside the mud pie making venue

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On train back from three days in the office, lots of things to read.

Was sitting at desk in meeting room due to crowded office, and decided it was time to inject. New colleague opposite me said "Type 1? Me too", so we had an interesting chat. I am reminded that I can go on for ages on this subject.

Fiasp pens and reminders - novopen echo is not only half-unit, but tells you how long ago you last injected, no need for a separate cap.

Alternators - broke my hip in 2010 (the big winter), and the car alternator died just before we were due to drive to the other end of the country. Replacing it on that car was fairly simple, only I couldn't move around enough to do it. So charged the car up before leaving, bought an alternator on the way, popped in to my parents house, and I guided father and wife through changing it - he did the top bits and she did the bits from the underneath :)

Ladas - I think a friends one of those (the "Bolshevik Brick") might have been the worst car I've driven. Yes, it worked, but...

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On train back from three days in the office, lots of things to read.

Was sitting at desk in meeting room due to crowded office, and decided it was time to inject. New colleague opposite me said "Type 1? Me too", so we had an interesting chat. I am reminded that I can go on for ages on this subject.

Fiasp pens and reminders - novopen echo is not only half-unit, but tells you how long ago you last injected, no need for a separate cap.

Alternators - broke my hip in 2010 (the big winter), and the car alternator died just before we were due to drive to the other end of the country. Replacing it on that car was fairly simple, only I couldn't move around enough to do it. So charged the car up before leaving, bought an alternator on the way, popped in to my parents house, and I guided father and wife through changing it - he did the top bits and she did the bits from the underneath :)

Ladas - I think a friends one of those (the "Bolshevik Brick") might have been the worst car I've driven. Yes, it worked, but...

I love to follow this thread and haven’t joined and commented much before but I wanted to ask about the novapen echo......mine has started to to just give 2 lines now when I press after application to double check doses and times (my spare one too!). Is this fixable does anyone know???
Thanks

Reactions: karen8967 and Japes

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
oh dear! Sending virtual hugs for those who need it today :)

Bloods taken today so of course I was in double figures throughout the night and this morning. Appointments/Bloods send my levels through the roof. NOT looking forward to my results, seem to be more relaxed with my levels so expected a higher a1c... :/

Work heavy/catch up weekend planned.

Reactions: Cumberland and hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love to follow this thread and haven’t joined and commented much before but I wanted to ask about the novapen echo......mine has started to to just give 2 lines now when I press after application to double check doses and times (my spare one too!). Is this fixable does anyone know???
Thanks
How old are they? Battery could well be on its way out?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks

Hi and a big welcome to the perforated/colander club :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thanks Slip........Where are the batteries (embarrassed face!)?

Hi, there aren't any batteries that you can take out. My Instruction book say's
Dose memory inactive or battery flat
Pull out the dose button, then push it back in to activate the dose memory, if the display stays blank, the battery is flat.Contact your supplier to get a new pen. You can still use the pen to inject Insulin until you get a new one. Hope this helps

Reactions: drahawkins_1973

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening, everyone!

Sitting coaxing my numbers back up. Apparently walking home, (because I wasn't getting soaked walking to work for the second time this week, plus it was really nice weather after work and I'd shot up into the early teens after a veggie pie and chips for lunch), a small evening meal correctly insulinated for, two hours of furniture moving/housework and negotiating a couple of working days with my House Elf who's returning from Uni for the holidays soon (that's the pre-Christmas clean sorted!) are enough to keep me in the 4s all evening, but follow all that with a hot bath? Sends me down to the mid-3s.