Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Couldn't sleep last night, don't know why, just seems to happen sometimes. Got up and had a cup of tea and bg for some reason heading for the sky, 14 something. Corrected, back to bed, overslept and now a sluggish start to Saturday. Need to get my a**e in gear, not going to the gym like @Knikki but I have a dog who needs a walk.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow teabags we all seem to be a bit up and down at the moment. Not the best start to morning at 9.3 but last night I had to change my Levemir before bed. I forgot to pre load and simply injected so may not have got full dose

Good start to morning 2 of the slats on my fence have blown down. Went inside to grill some bacon and the thermostat, knob came away in my hand. Oh and its wet and windy here so no birdwatching this morning

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning colanders, an unsurprising 9.2 at 5 am, despite the 6.9 before bed and restraint last night. I find BG sometimes rises more easily if I eat after the evening long acting, even with decent bolus. But there’s no hard and fast rule about it. Can I call it the Non-Pumpers Skoda Effect @Robinredbreast? No computer management on board.
Oooo yes, red, @helensaramay.
And welcome to the best thread on the forum @drahawkins_1073.
Happy hoovering @Japes, banana power.
Have a lovely walk @Alison54321, said with an envious grimace.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning fellow teabags we all seem to be a bit up and down at the moment. Not the best start to morning at 9.3 but last night I had to change my Levemir before bed. I forgot to pre load and simply injected so may not have got full dose

Good start to morning 2 of the slats on my fence have blown down. Went inside to grill some bacon and the thermostat, knob came away in my hand. Oh and its wet and windy here so no birdwatching this morning
Fences are a pain. Our birds stay away when it's wet and windy, nice here today so they're all out. Even a little coal tit came for some food and caught a glimpse of a couple of goldfinches on the teasles. Meeting friends in the pub later and then to the Christmas market to look at all thinks not needed, well might have a sausage but not one of those currywursts. They're the verst.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning sieves.

Think this is my best Libre graph yet, hehehe :wacky: Calibrated before bed and Spike had me running in the mid fours and fives over night, but my GP surgery DN is going to have a conniption fit when I have my tick-box-review with her on the 27th... especially if my HbA1c goes down again! My hospital team accept that Libre reads quite low for me, and go on my blood calibrated Nightscout reports. However, I’m still running a little lower than I’d like, what with needing to drive and all that, so I’ve reduced my pump basal rate AGAIN - I’m assuming it’s the slight increase in activity and the colder weather that’s doing it. I’m down to just 18u basal a day now!

86C570F0-FD77-4414-A516-F77AE3AA8792.jpeg

Talking of Libre, I put a new one in last night to “soak” ready to activate this morning, and noticed there was a bit of translucent blue plastic sticking out of it - so I pulled it and not there’s more blue translucent plastic sticking out of it, with what looks awfully like the filament inside. I’ve activated it, so am expecting a failure when the hour is up. Handily MiaoMiao and Spike will read the old one for 12 hours after official expiry, so I won’t be running blind.

Roof appears to have held during the wet and windy night, which is a relief all around! I’m off to a local art gallery to do an embroidery workshop after a nice bath, lots of coffee and probably bunging a new sensor on. Hope you all have a nice day ❤️

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning sieves.

Think this is my best Libre graph yet, hehehe :wacky: Calibrated before bed and Spike had me running in the mid fours and fives over night, but my GP surgery DN is going to have a conniption fit when I have my tick-box-review with her on the 27th... especially if my HbA1c goes down again! My hospital team accept that Libre reads quite low for me, and go on my blood calibrated Nightscout reports. However, I’m still running a little lower than I’d like, what with needing to drive and all that, so I’ve reduced my pump basal rate AGAIN - I’m assuming it’s the slight increase in activity and the colder weather that’s doing it. I’m down to just 18u basal a day now!

Talking of Libre, I put a new one in last night to “soak” ready to activate this morning, and noticed there was a bit of translucent blue plastic sticking out of it - so I pulled it and not there’s more blue translucent plastic sticking out of it, with what looks awfully like the filament inside. I’ve activated it, so am expecting a failure when the hour is up. Handily MiaoMiao and Spike will read the old one for 12 hours after official expiry, so I won’t be running blind.

Roof appears to have held during the wet and windy night, which is a relief all around! I’m off to a local art gallery to do an embroidery workshop after a nice bath, lots of coffee and probably bunging a new sensor on. Hope you all have a nice day ❤️
im having loads of lows mel and ive put it down to the colder weather or that i may still have a bit of insulin sploshing round somewhere :(

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Morning sieves.

I don’t know the reality of the numbers. But if you feel fine, okay. And the trend looks relatively flat, so that’s impressive.

I have 2 options for suits for the mid-winter orchestra concert. Elf on the shelf, which i like cause it’s form fitting. Or a pink bunny suit, which is warm. Which to wear?

K

Knikki

I have 2 options for suits for the mid-winter orchestra concert. Elf on the shelf, which i like cause it’s form fitting. Or a pink bunny suit, which is warm. Which to wear?

Pink bunny suite :)

@Mel dCP yep I often get graphs like that and expecting an "interesting" discussion with the Etch. A Sketch nurse when I see her in a couple of week.

Mine currently is all over the place :banghead:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Think with a lot of us either hypo or hyper we should have a group hug

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning sieves.

Glad to hear you roof has been sorted.

As for your Libre figures OMG I have no idea how you cope with those. If I even start to get near to 4 I will have a slight wobble. Anything less than 3.5 and it lets do something to correct this. I suppose in my case its years of running around 8 and 9 for most of time

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Glad to hear you roof has been sorted.

As for your Libre figures OMG I have no idea how you cope with those. If I even start to get near to 4 I will have a slight wobble. Anything less than 3.5 and it lets do something to correct this. I suppose in my case its years of running around 8 and 9 for most of time
I’ve brought it down from years of running in the teens since getting Libre and going low carb in January. I feel rank above 8 now! It’s just a case of letting yourself adjust, but I do aim for non-diabetic numbers now, and my mild complications seem to be healing. But that Libre trace was way below my calibrated one for the night, Spike said around 5, which is what I aim all my devices to get me to. So while I get the physical symptoms of a hypo, my brain runs on ketones now rather than glucose, so I can think perfectly clearly and not overcorrect it - I’m working on perfecting the art of getting back up to no higher than 6 after I’ve gone low! If I drop below 4 I’ll put a temporary basal of 0% on for half an hour and take one 3g dextrose tab - two if it’s below 3.5. That brings me up gently and I’ll be back to normal in half an hour without overshooting.

@porl69 - did you say you’d booked Ed Gamble tickets for the 27th in Cardiff? Booked ours last night!