What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Weather here is dark and wet. Not looking forward to venturing out, but have to buy some espresso beans. Can't imagine mornings without cappuccino anymore.

Hugs, @karen8967, @Cumberland, @Goacher55. Hope this night will turn out to be without hypos.
@Emma_369 -- It's so cute seeing Ellie hedging her bets. Smart girl.

Have a great weekend, folks.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Weather here is dark and wet. Not looking forward to venturing out, but have to buy some espresso beans. Can't imagine mornings without cappuccino anymore.

Hugs, @karen8967, @Cumberland, @Goacher55. Hope this night will turn out to be without hypos.

With all the excitement, forgot to post my fasting levels.

They were 5.2 this morning.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
No need for envy you are just fine the way you are - now just lean in:angelic: To save posts, @geefull I am certain even a vampire's heart would melt at your kindness, wisdom and culinary skill.
Wrong there Mr Ian. Madam hasn't had a FBG in the envy range since 24th Nov and that was a one-off blip.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Good morning everyone I had a nice lie in today my blood is 5.1 I called the diabetic nurse yesterday but they don’t want to bring my insulin down even though I’m going low a lot. I’m wondering if I might have reactive hypoglycaemia as my glucose drops after I eat for example I had my dinner about 5.30 last night and I was ok for a few hours but by 8.30 I was dropping fast. Anyway enjoy your weekend everyone

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

Thanks Ziggy I’ve got my fingers crossed

4.4 this morning first thing currently at 5.2

Have a good weekend all

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
6.4 today after a nice night out last night at a new Italian restaurant near us. Was well behaved on the carb front- less so with the red wine but still alive to tell the tale and fight another day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wrong there Mr Ian. Madam hasn't had a FBG in the envy range since 24th Nov and that was a one-off blip.
Not Madam, you. Madam has been fine previously and will be once again. Form is temporary but class is permanent. Hope Madam starts to toe the line soon but you have the resources to ride this spell out and emerge stronger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoffno6 and jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was going to post up inside the What i've eaten thread..but as this was the first place i surfaced, so to speak officially on the forum, i wondered if newbies (like i was,) Might benefit and see there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

With apologies to Mr Lahey, for stealing his recipe..Lol

May i present, breakfast V 2.0..new improved, healthier and tasty in that great T2D way....:D

( and yes, that's a cracker..a ryvita., red quinoa & Sesame one, 5.3 of carbs, to be exact...and it's my crutch, cos i still hanker after bread..and breakfast is the time i suffer it most..AGGHH :bigtears: )

I mean how does one mop up all the great flavours and bits left at the end.
(doubt i'll ever need to clean my knife again..that suckers CLEAN..;) ).

excuse bloods..(oh, the shame) but 11:38 scored a lovely jubbly 5,7
just now, 13:20 it was a smackingly tasty 6.5..

AND i'm not looking for that next hit of food, as the greedy guy who lurks inside me, is won't to do....win/win..

thank you guys SO very much, for showing me the way....xxx

IMG_20181208_110441185.jpg

Last edited:

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was going to post up inside the What i've eaten thread..but as this was the first place i surfaced, so to speak officially on the forum, i wondered if newbies (like i was,) Might benefit and see there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

May i present, breakfast V 2.0..new improved, healthier and damned tasty in that great T2D way....:D

( and yes, that's a cracker..a ryvita., red quinoa & Sesame one, 5.3 of carbs, to be exact...and it's my crutch, cos i still hanker after bread..and breakfast is the time i suffer it most..AGGHH :bigtears: )

AND i'm not looking for that next hit of food, as the greedy tw@t who lurks inside me, is won't to do....win/win..

View attachment 29898
That looks delicious!

Reactions: Geoffno6

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 at 8:36 a.m. here in Canada. Bit relieved as I've been in the 6s and low 7s lately, which is high for me, for no apparent reason. Haven't eaten since 10 p.m. Think I'll just fast and drink water. Swimming later.

Happy Saturday.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

May i present, breakfast V 2.0..new improved, healthier and damned tasty in that great T2D way....:D

AND i'm not looking for that next hit of food, as the greedy tw@t who lurks inside me, is won't to do....win/win..

View attachment 29898

Welcome aboard

But how very dare you show us a scrummy looking plate of food like that - I’m drooling

Good numbers for you

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG - no idea, the Libre ran out at 1am but .... my 8th Nov bloods are thru Hba1c at 51, down from 57 in August and 126 in June so still some way to go but maybe I’m winning
Winning be dammed, you're smashing it out the park. Take a bow son:):) Now y'all play nice. I'm off to my gym to watch rugby, pedal some and move some wrinkly old weak fella weights. Bath game on pause till I've done 2 hr lunch reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geoffno6