What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all

A bit blustery round these parts this morning but the rain has eased off. Grand kids staying the w/e so the plan is to sneak off and get a walk in while they are still sleeping. 5.9 on the meter... Have a good week end all

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning which is not doing it for me - part of a stretch where a few things seem to be saying suck it up mate. 31 years ago today was in delivery room awaiting the imminent arrival of number 2 son. He is probably closest to me (and his grandfather) in temperament and tastes. Need that one (and his children) back safely with the rest of the flock in Cambs/Suffolk. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...had a good sleep last night not up until 07:30...coffee & a leisurely start to the day...a little paperwork...a few Christmas cards to write...then the rest of the day is mine...woke to a 5.7

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning - higher than I like but then I’m up 2hrs later than normal so maybe it’s that.
Off to take Ellie to see the jolly man in the red suit today. She refused to see him last year as in her words ‘mom I know he’s not real’ (she was 4 :arghh:) but this year seems more indecisive and I think wants to cover all options in case not believing equals no presents. So making the most of it in case this is our last ‘believing’ Xmas

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all 5.2 this morning. Happy with that as out late coupled with late night nut nibbles! And light sleep but loved the music we went to hear.
Realised too that got hectic and didn’t post yesterday’s 5.0.
Going in morning up motorway yet again to mums and her pre operative assessment rescheduled for Monday morning after her last one didn’t happen even though I did go up so hoping my efforts pay off this time.
Hope everyone has a good weekend and that Ellie enjoys Santa @Emma_369

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

after yesterday started off windy and cold then plunged into torrential rain I'm glad there is nothing much to report about the weather this morning :)

the bulb in the bathroom light went pop whilst mr gee was in the shower yesterday (no problem he said, I already knew where everything was - and there really is no unfunny answer to that ;)).

He wasn't happy with the safety of the ageing fitting so whilst I was out he put up a spare fitting we already had, temporarily until we can get a new one for the bathroom. Trouble is it's a 2D fluorescent intended for outside the back door and I have to say it's not flattering first thing in the morning :hilarious: Makes you look like something the vampire dragged in then didn't want :D

Hope your day treats you well :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late night snack...off to bed with a 6.6
(Delicious bit of goats cheese...where has THAT been hiding all my life...yum :cat:. )

Up this morning, brew made, and scoring a creditable 5.8 FBG..(get in.:D )

Happy start to my Saturday, hope you all have similar..x