What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I left out the part with me sliding about on the decking above the bridge in a the middle of this reparing a 16 foot whip aerial which had snapped in the wind with nowt to hold on to and 4 guys holding a rope tied round my waist in case I went overboard cor blimey swing the lamp they was exiting times alright..

Did i say 'DIE HARD'...how rude of me..I meant 'RAMBO'

Some pretty hardcore escapades there, @JohnEGreen

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Qote for today
FB_IMG_1544026027129.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal good luck with the sofa search today - must have been so frustrating to send the other one back.

Thanks. Success! Original was from John Lewis. Went back and managed to find another one 6cm shorter and £250 cheaper. And available in the same fabric as the first one, so all good. Just have to wait a few weeks for it now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. Success! Original was from John Lewis. Went back and managed to find another one 6cm shorter and £250 cheaper. And available in the same fabric as the first one, so all good. Just have to wait a few weeks for it now.
Good day then - or at least sofa so good:angelic:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodnight from the Irish sea. Just set sail only 4 hours to go. Warnings of turbulence from the captain already. @JohnEGreen your exploits aboard make me feel very inadequate and wimpy. @shelley262 thanks for the kind thoughts. I wish my dear brother and his family lived somewhere more accessable like Alaska maybe.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodnight from the Irish sea. Just set sail only 4 hours to go. Warnings of turbulence from the captain already. @JohnEGreen your exploits aboard make me feel very inadequate and wimpy. @shelley262 thanks for the kind thoughts. I wish my dear brother and his family lived somewhere more accessable like Alaska maybe.
Hope it’s not too bad a crossing!

Reactions: Cumberland

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have a safe trip.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC....much obliged, not one i was aware of.

but now i know...thanks @SaskiaKC

Shall I admit it is really the only Springsteen song I know of? Because it reminds me so much of what my dad used to say when he looked at the TV schedule sometimes. :)

That kitty -- MasMas -- had her own Paul Simon theme song that I used to sing:

... she does, she likes me
She gets up on my knee and bites me
Yeah, she loves me like a cat ...

They both got the Temptations/Stones song "My Girl," which the SasCat still gets. "Talkin' 'bout kitties ..."

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today. Shocked as Xmas party night last night. Although my.meal appeared low carb with ham hock terrine to start, Turkey dinner (gave hubby roasties apart from 1). I had the stuffing as not much there. Also the parsnip as only the one on my plate. Dessert was cheese and biscuits. 3 glasses of prosecco to wash it down and lots of dancing. So 6.0 is brilliant!

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning chums - earlier and colder for me today - it does seem that colder wakes me earlier . 4.7 which is no more likely to be what it actually is than any other number. If I had any trust in my meter I would be satisfied with that as a fair reflection of where I am at. Not really liking being up at around 75 kgs either. (could be that I am meant to be 75 rather than 72 kgs though).
Have a great day each.

Last edited: