What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Feel like i turned a corner yesterday.

Breakfast (11;30) left me full enough i didn't get the hungers until around 4pm.,,so no snacking
had half an apple at that time.
ate a decent dinner, grilled chicken and salad/greens.7pm
and a late nite snack of cheese toms lettuce ryvita..and a nibble of a few of the tiny blocks of RITTER dark chocolate
saw me to bed with 5.8

woke too early today..(but day off..yippee..)
and once done all the morning rituals, realised i had not woken up hungry.

bloods came in with a deliciously slim and sexy, 5.9.

So i'm going to see how much i can get done around the House/Car/Motorbike..(it's ALL good exercise :happy:)
while my better half is out enjoying her Yoga class,
before the hungers start a calling me back to the fridge....aiming for 1pm.

used to see the threads re fasting as almost fantasy..
( I could barely walk past the fridge without feeling faint with hunger..LoL)

now toying with the idea of trying it for one day, and see how i do.

Truly believe everyday on here is a school day, so much i thought i knew, i have had to re-learn.
thank you all for your generosity of spirit with all the great help, support and advise.x

Have a great day everyone, may the numbers forever tumble in your your favour.

Last edited:

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, up early just before 6 am to a 4.1.

Forgot to post yesterday's weight loss, down another 2 lbs this week, total so far 68.59 lbs (31.11kg - 4 stone 12.59,). I've lost a bit of over 25% of my starting weight.
I also lost another 1/2" off my waist since I last measured 2 weeks ago, total of 8" off so far.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, up early just before 6 am to a 4.1.

Forgot to post yesterday's weight loss, down another 2 lbs, total so far 68.59 lbs (31.11kg - 4 stone 12.59,). I've lost a bit of over 25% of my starting weight.
I also lost another 1/2" off my waist since I last measured 2 weeks ago, total of 8" off so far.
Fantastic results all round. Nor sure what you break out to celebrate bearing in mind the reason for the jubilation

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, I have no idea what the Frampton and camel thing is -- must be a guy thing. OK. :D

Cat is feeling fine and has curled up to sleep in my lap so we are good for a restful Saturday.

Just a quick link for you @SaskiaKC ...frampton, should you want listen.

and loving the sound of the cat situation.
Lost our beloved cat belles, while we were away in india this year
so i had the joyful job of not telling the misses for 5 days, while being told to cheer up..(rolls eyes)
****, but i miss her quirky, annoying, lovable presence every day.

Enjoy your moments, give the cat an extra hug from me.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning All. I have only just recovered after the worst ferry crossing on the Irish sea overnight Thurs/Fri. Terrifying when the ship hit a wave loud bang like it hit a brick wall then slid back and then everything shuddered and rocked side to side. This was every wave. Felt like I was on the Titanic. 35 years doing this and defo the worst ever. OH still has vertigo from it and guess what we do it all again tonight!
Didnt dare test Fri morning I was too traumatised. Sat 5.9 and this morning 6.2. Not bad because my brother has been feeding us well and a lot of alcohol involved!
Have a great Sunday everone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.
Hope I survive to post tomorrow

Ah yes I remember it so well in fact as much as I try I will never forget it the ripped up deck plates the totally wrecked communication gear the radio shack on fire flooding the place with Phosgene gas from burning insulation the splintered fittings
being thrown bodily from one side of the bridge to the other and the very close brush with a swim in the Irish sea when nearly swept over board by one humongous wave. Isn't nostalgia a wonderful thing.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum OMG how horrendous

Prayers for a less memorable crossing coming back.

And @JohnEGreen ..are you really Bruce Willis...can i claim my prize...:D
die hard diabetic.jpg

sounds like a hollywood disaster movie...:wideyed::woot::***:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
SEA-OTTER..gif
@PenguinMum OMG how horrendous

Prayers for a less memorable crossing coming back.

And @JohnEGreen ..are you really Bruce Willis...can i claim my prize...:D
View attachment 29902
sounds like a hollywood disaster movie...:wideyed::woot::***:
I left out the part with me sliding about on the decking above the bridge in a the middle of this reparing a 16 foot whip aerial which had snapped in the wind with nowt to hold on to and 4 guys holding a rope tied round my waist in case I went overboard cor blimey swing the lamp they was exiting times alright..

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning All. I have only just recovered after the worst ferry crossing on the Irish sea overnight Thurs/Fri. Terrifying when the ship hit a wave loud bang like it hit a brick wall then slid back and then everything shuddered and rocked side to side. This was every wave. Felt like I was on the Titanic. 35 years doing this and defo the worst ever. OH still has vertigo from it and guess what we do it all again tonight!
Didnt dare test Fri morning I was too traumatised. Sat 5.9 and this morning 6.2. Not bad because my brother has been feeding us well and a lot of alcohol involved!
Have a great Sunday everone. Stay well, safe and hypo free.
Hope I survive to post tomorrow
Hope better tonight think wind has dropped right down so should be ok. I’m with you on crossings we came over back after a holiday in tail end of a hurricane and boat couldn’t dock for hours. I ended up with vertigo too for days so really do feel for you hope you’ve had a brilliant time there though hugs x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a quick link for you @SaskiaKC ...frampton, should you want listen.

and loving the sound of the cat situation.
Lost our beloved cat belles, while we were away in india this year
so i had the joyful job of not telling the misses for 5 days, while being told to cheer up..(rolls eyes)
****, but i miss her quirky, annoying, lovable presence every day.

Enjoy your moments, give the cat an extra hug from me.

Thank you. Kitty sends purrs and biscuits.

I am sorry to hear about your belles kitty. We lost our sweet 19yo last year. She was with us for 7 1/2 years and like your belles had her annoying lovable quirks.

Here she is at about 18:
18446988_1500515089996323_1981123359704525255_n.jpg

and the two of them sharing a Springsteen moment ("57 Channels and Nothin' On"):
15317987_1319484611432706_7483597137677828237_n.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
18446988_1500515089996323_1981123359704525255_n.jpg

and the two of them sharing a Springsteen moment ("57 Channels and Nothin' On"):
15317987_1319484611432706_7483597137677828237_n.jpg

Aww Bless, she looks adorable..love that lip smacking look going on..LoL

And strangely enough i do like the Boss, but can't quite figure what song that's from.?

Reactions: Cumberland