**shell**

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Insects, ignorance, horror films.
Good evening.
Has anyone else been notified of the supply problem with the Medtronic reservoirs? And/or (im)patiently waiting for their order?

I ordered mine, before the message went on the store, back on 20th November and when I chased it up (7 working days later) I was told, by a rather rude customer service woman, that there was a problem with supply and I should receive them in 6-10 working days instead of the usual 5.

I'm now up to 14 working days and still no sign. I've borrowed some from my hospital but I'm about to use the last one from them.

I received a letter from Medtronic dated 20th November suggesting I had already been informed of the shortage (I had not) and the steps to take to make sure I am prepared. They included stocking up on cartridges so that I can move back to injections pens. They also said they hope the problem is rectified by the end of January. I didn't receive this letter until 17 days later on 7th December.

I would like to say that I would never normally wait until I was almost out of anything but I had, what turned out to be, two empty boxs sitting in my cupboard. So yes it's partly my own fault I am in this situation but I couldn't have anticipated such a long delay and I certainly wouldn't put up with it if I was the paying customer or had any other option.

Thanks
Michelle

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @**shell** I put an order in early October and I'm still waiting. Also got the Medtronic letter, which didn't even explain why there is a stocking issue. I am ok as I have an OCD complex about running out of anything so try and stay a few months ahead but I can imagine some are panicking about this and surprised at Medtronic for their management of this.

Reactions: **shell**

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good evening.
Has anyone else been notified of the supply problem with the Medtronic reservoirs? And/or (im)patiently waiting for their order?

I ordered mine, before the message went on the store, back on 20th November and when I chased it up (7 working days later) I was told, by a rather rude customer service woman, that there was a problem with supply and I should receive them in 6-10 working days instead of the usual 5.

I'm now up to 14 working days and still no sign. I've borrowed some from my hospital but I'm about to use the last one from them.

I received a letter from Medtronic dated 20th November suggesting I had already been informed of the shortage (I had not) and the steps to take to make sure I am prepared. They included stocking up on cartridges so that I can move back to injections pens. They also said they hope the problem is rectified by the end of January. I didn't receive this letter until 17 days later on 7th December.

I would like to say that I would never normally wait until I was almost out of anything but I had, what turned out to be, two empty boxs sitting in my cupboard. So yes it's partly my own fault I am in this situation but I couldn't have anticipated such a long delay and I certainly wouldn't put up with it if I was the paying customer or had any other option.

Thanks
Michelle
DO YOU HAVE A REPS NO SOMTIMES THEY CAN HELP
VIC

aphex2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that talk with their mouths full of food.
In Oz I get my consumable through the pharmacy, not direct from Medtronic.

I do get sensors directly from them and they appear to have some logistical issues. Every month despite a delivery schedule I have to ring them or email them to say hey, I've just started my last sensor can you send me more? They have been waiting for deliveries and had no boxes of x5 sensors in the warehouse. I find this staggering! Every time I speak to an agent I get different answers. Last week I called for more, they told me they will arrive on Weds. Weds comes and no sensors. "We're getting them next Tuesday, we'll send them then". Great, so it takes 3-4 days to get to West coast Oz from East coast so what am I meant to do?

Ended up complaining and speaking to one of the execs. He asked if they sent the sensors every 28 days or monthly, and what happens when theres a 5 week month? Ermm.... Shouldn't he know the process and their protocols???

Anyway he said he would send 2 extra sensors as a "buffer" so this morning I picked up a box of 5 plus 2 spares from the post office. When I got home, there were 2 more delivered. Go figure.

Fair to say my experience of their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
@Juicyj @**shell**

I have my supplies on a 3 month automatic fill and my supplies came on time about 10 days ago. I am in Scotland. Concerned something odd is going on with England. Perhaps you can use the fact that my supplies came in full to pressure them?

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Shell
you have possible done this..
looked on the " internet their site " has a call back feature plus 24 hour helpline and i think when i when on during work hour s a chat feature came up
no doubt you have tried this
vic

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I ordered my supplies at the end of October, 4 weeks later and there was no sign of the reservoirs so I contacted Medtronic who said they would prioritise one box for me and the rest would come later, so a couple of days later I got one box and then about a week later I got two more. I'm having issues with them though, 4 out of one box have been binned, the reservoir either won't unlock from the blue bit (not sure of the technical terms!) when it has been filled or won't lock into the bit connected to the tubing, the top of the reservoir just spins round instead of locking. The other six from that box have been fine though.

Reactions: Jollymon

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I was given some really old pump supplies in someone’s passing. The older pump supplies were really beautifully made. Thick materials, multi color printing, lots of gaskets. Supplies used to be so much more high quality than the stuff that we get now. The stuff we get now is just disposable garbage.

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would recommend calling them up and telling them that you are on your last infusion set. When I said that they sent me one box for the next day and the other two I ordered two weeks later. They'll prioritise you if you're about to run out!

aphex2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that talk with their mouths full of food.
The stuff we get now is just disposable garbage

Aint that the truth. It pains me using the Medtronic Mio cannula - for what I actually use, compared to what gets thrown out, terrible waste of plastic.

Reactions: Jollymon